Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

asdf

- Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:36:26 EST T1mjyx/4 No.209011
File: 1522766186065.jpg -(24371B / 23.80KB, 1278x990) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. asdf
This board is making me fucking depressed. There is obviously so much potential. Even though some people on this site would be classified as part of the tyrannical majority, we have surly some talented fuckers some living the aesthetic ideal, epistemically virtuous, intellectually curiosus and engaged... But what do we have in the end, just silence, or worse... fucking mainstream topics no proper new ideas debates just basically nasty pre programmed debates

Why not argue fucking Hegels moral philosophy? is it the most complete? I think fuck yes but what follow? mere analyisis of a given ethical fiber? why are current philosophers neglecting this?
Did Russel bastardize Wittgensteins project? how can it be taken further?
Value-free economics?
Can we find a way to find determinate forms of organization from biopolitical analysis(criticism)?
how does liberal political philosophy avoid its focus on consent?
Go fucking specific exclude board normies...

Isiah Berlins dichotomy should be replaced? sublate core principle of negative freedom? Can you cut confucius head with humes gioutinne? is nationalism esentially the superego or in other words the determinate mixture of the imaginary and the symbolic?

Type GTFO is dare you
>>
Hedda Pittworth - Tue, 03 Apr 2018 13:31:37 EST PKcNxe+J No.209014 Reply
I mean I agree with your premise but you come across as a little concern trolly because while proposing a bunch of interesting questions you aren't really taking a stance on them which means we have no real content to react to. In general if you don't like the content of the board the only thing you can do about it is post the kind of content you would like. Anyway, I'll take a stab at a few of these.

>Why not argue fucking Hegels moral philosophy?
I think it is too relativistic, that 'what is good is what is good for the tribe.' It can be a dangerous combination when paired with an equally Hegelian view on rationality -- together they can easily lead to what most people would identify as moral and ethical atrocities.
>> why are current philosophers neglecting this?
Modern philosophy has more or less retreated from the sphere of ethics. Modern philosophy mostly grovels on the floor, begging positivistic science for one more breath before the guillotine falls.
>>Did Russel bastardize Wittgensteins project? how can it be taken further?
Not really, I think Russel's view on Wittgenstein (toward the end) was a pretty apt way of evaluating the latter's contributions. I don't know if Wittgenstein's larger philosophical project could be much advanced, even in principle, without running into the same problems once again.
>>Value-free economics?
That's like asking if we can have value free mathematics. Any method of organizing society must eventually come up against the concept of value, or else we must say a glob of mud is exactly as 'valuable' as a kilogram of anti-matter, which would lead to a catastrophic breakdown of civilization. Whatever describes that system of value will eventually recreate what we know as economics.
>Can we find a way to find determinate forms of organization from biopolitical analysis(criticism)?
Absolutely, but I think we would end up re-treading a lot of the same ground ordinary politics has. Ultimately any form of organization requires appeals to systems of values and ontological assumptions, and we're back within the specter of metaphysics and ethics.
>how does liberal political philosophy avoid its focus on consent?
What? Isn't liberal political philosophy entirely about consent, i.e. the consent of the governed to establish the government as they will?

Can you cut confucius head with humes gioutinne?
>Nope, Confucius will saves and takes no damage. Is-ought is useful in a lot of circumstances, but because Confucius' theory is essentially a metaphysical one is is immune to such criticism. It is also neither perfectly rational nor empirical for the same reason.
>> is nationalism esentially the superego or in other words the determinate mixture of the imaginary and the symbolic?
Ugh, what? That's a pretty damn gross thought. If anything, the nation-state is a manifestation of the id; a sublimation of the need to control and be controlled. Maybe superegoic forces lead people to the idea of creating society, but it invariably gets redirected to the most idic impulses; greed, domination, dogmatism, obedience, etc. Idk what you're implying by 'determinate mixture of the imaginary and symbolic' other than to suggest that the need for a controlling state is perhaps the manifestation or symbolic proxy of confused desires for closer proximity to authoritative (parental) figures.

>>type GTFO is dare you
GTFO! ;)
>>
village druunk - Tue, 03 Apr 2018 16:41:16 EST MOGdYtlU No.209016 Reply
1522788076102.jpg -(69015B / 67.40KB, 454x564) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209014
I knew somebodies ego would itch, didnt expect such a modest ego but heyo its somehting
Point was just to shit something out of anger/boredom and hope something sticks for the future, dont think this theard can do much.

(1) Hegel is basically ALL about relative absolutes, (or knowledge basically being contigently static) meaning although the nature of knowledge tend to change there are things we can call absolute within a the context (zeitgeist (i know hegel didnt coin it)). Some goes for this moral7ethical philosophy. Ethical life conists of certain core eternal prinicples and certain core contigent principles which precicly does not allow for thoese artocities cuz our conception moved beyond that. Is concept of rationality is basically aristotelian i do see what is wrong with that

(2) yeah pretty much. I think this speard of "analytic philosophy" is sadly just because employability or precieved employabilty

(3) Wittensteins project is see similar to for example foucault in that they are largly negative projects. Russel just interpreted in that that we need logical positivsm more. Aristocrat who blew himself up to much with wittenstein imo

(4) yeah idk i just wanted to econ in here

(5) This is exctly the sphere that needs reform and i think zizek is working on it very well so far

(6) it is haha and fuck that. As spengler put it "These English Classicists, all of them of high social standing, helped create liberalism as a philosophy of life as it was understood by Frederick the Great and his century: the deliberate ignoring of distinctions that were known to exist in the practical life but were in any case not considered as obstacles; the rational preoccupation with matters of public opinion that could neither be gotten rid of nor hushed up, but that somehow had to be rendered harmless. This upper-class Classicism gave rise to English democracy -- a superior form of tactics, not a codified political program. It was based on the long and intensive experience of a social stratum that habitually dealt with real and practicable possibilities, and that was therefore never in danger of losing its essential congeniality"

(6) that sounds like bullshit, but can sb elborate?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.