Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

dont hurt me

- Wed, 11 Apr 2018 19:13:03 EST cR5+dCK2 No.209072
File: 1523488383497.jpg -(8916B / 8.71KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. dont hurt me
what is love?

I am kind of stuck with what I interpreted as a Nietzschean conception of Love. So basically in terms of determinate desire and full mutual power over the other.

Where am exploring right now but its hard to find anything is the phenomenology of love. What also would be interesting is a kind of history of love where one could see how malleable the conception is
>>
Wesley Muvinglodge - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:22:21 EST 8gq7GAVV No.209112 Reply
I have no clue what you're talking about (never thought about love from a philosophical sense) but I'm intrigued and would like to know more.
>>
Esther Cheddlestone - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 19:20:38 EST +qAOjSrT No.209113 Reply
what is emotion?

electrochemical responses to neuronal and hormonal stimuli? energy in the chakras? a little of both? going for things which can be tested scientifically, logically, or neither?
>>
Phineas Dipperway - Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:03:13 EST T1mjyx/4 No.209120 Reply
>>209113

Problem of intentionality might be revlevant here. Of course, if you wanna explore any thing you will have to start why the fudamnetals those are usually laid down by some metaphysical grounding. You cant say hormonal or neurological stimuli cuz that shit would merely be inductive

Lets take for example gazing at a girl, or when in love wanting to do everything for her giving yourself to her. Why does this happen with no to little thought. What is the connection between desire, "belief" and action? idk
>>
Phineas Dipperway - Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:07:15 EST T1mjyx/4 No.209121 Reply
>>209112
there so many way to approach that shit. When I said power over the other its kind of one determines the others identity and ditto. how this happens no clue.

Think anybody this deep into philosophy to answer such a question is either anti social, dilluted by self imposed philosophcial dogma or doesnt think its worth exploring cuz its derivable from implicit statments from other philosophers
>>
Phoebe Turveyhall - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:20:02 EST SGCbMw+u No.209148 Reply
>>209072
OP, I think the issue with love is I think a lot of people love wrong. Plain and simple. They’re too stupid and too trapped within societal expectation to love properly. Hell, the vast majority of people who ‘loved’ me in my life all loved out of fear and selfishness. I didn’t care for it. Love stemming from fear and selfishness is disgusting. I only take part in love that stems from passion and altruism. And I’ve never been happier or more romantically/sexually active. And yes, I have multiple partners. I don’t care, and neither do they, because we’re not afraid nor selfish toward one another.
>>
Cornelius Subblepet - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 22:03:49 EST brei4qhw No.209153 Reply
>>209072
I think we could pare down the scope of debate if you would specify what kind of love we are talking about. As I'm sure you know the Greeks had several words for love;
are we talking about eros? Erotic, sexual love? (It seems so from the general discussion)
are we talking about philiae? Companionate love?
Or are we talking about love in a more abstract, universal sense? Like agape?

The only thing the different feelings have in common is the quality of the emotion they bring up, so to really analyze their causes and effects I think we need to specify particular types.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.