Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

On the subject of a diety, some nice writing

- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 19:53:25 EST QsklVX/N No.209407
File: 1531612405351.jpg -(57455B / 56.11KB, 1024x794) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. On the subject of a diety, some nice writing
At any rate, I found this "message" in a relatively archaic databank and thought some of you might find it of interest. Then again, I'm often either bemused or startled at the items you find interesting. ....................

It's an article about a believable God

http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal
>>
Beatrice Sallerham - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:32:33 EST 2LwLwSlz No.209409 Reply
Interesting, but ultimately rather superficial. Tl,dr: turns out god is actually a machiavellian social darwinist who runs our pocket universe and hopes we will one day ascend to his level...even though he claims the path of technological progress is to stop trying to manipulate matter and only manipulate energy (which is nonsensical from a physics standpoint.) He also makes the claim that only violent predators are capable of intelligence...which is a little suspicious coming from the Almighty. I think the author could have conveyed their philosophical points more clearly without this framing device.
>>
mika sha - Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:57:19 EST vEnuppAu No.209414 Reply
>>209409
He didn't say only violent predators are capable of intelligence, he said they die out before reaching the next "stage| of global consciousness as a race
>>
Hugh Toothood - Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:25:29 EST 2LwLwSlz No.209415 Reply
>>209414
No, that's the opposite of what is said. I think you need to read it a little more closely.
>>Without exception, intelligent species who gain dominance over their planet do so by becoming the most efficient predators.
>>Unlike the adaptors, who learn the point of cooperation fairly early on, manipulators battle on. And, once all lesser species have been overcome, they are so competitive and predatory that they are compelled to turn in on themselves....r this competition is vital to promote the leap from biological to technological evolution.

You need an arms race in order to make progress.

Your desire to dominate fuels a search for knowledge which the adaptors never acquire.
>>And although your initial desire for knowledge is selfish and destructive, it begins the development of an intellectual self awareness, a form of higher consciousness, which never emerges in any other species.
>> Not even while they are experiencing it, for example, can the intelligent adaptors - your dolphins - express the concepts of Love or Time.
>>
Hugh Toothood - Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:26:49 EST 2LwLwSlz No.209416 Reply
>>209415
That said, I think your misunderstanding is much closer to the truth than what this article suggests, which may be why you assumed that is what was meant. Violent competition is important for the success of our species, but cooperation is much more vital and more unique to intelligent life.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.