Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Share your thoughts on death

- Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:28:02 EST nhtcgMTU No.209653
File: 1556130482679.jpg -(194445B / 189.89KB, 737x367) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Share your thoughts on death
I think the longer you live, the better your afterlife is. On top of the afterlife being reserved for very special souls. (didn't mean special in terms of being pure-of-heart and sin-free)
>>
Ian Honeystock - Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:24:19 EST 2LwLwSlz No.209656 Reply
1556288659932.jpg -(173018B / 168.96KB, 555x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Everything comes out of nothing. Everything goes back into nothing. Nothing cannot be destroyed, and contains everything, and will forever. In infinite time, everything that ever could be will be again and again endlessly. But there is nothing but pure chaos in the arrangement. The order only emerges from the vastness of randomness and causality. That's 'samsara.'

There are signs there may be more than that, and I think most afterlife beliefs are our feeble attempts to understand shadows beyond the edge of human understanding, and perhaps the nature of our 4 dimensional perception of reality. I think there may be fully logical and 'natural' explanations for phenomena such as instances of accurate past life recall in children and accounts of hauntings. There's strong evidence that life naturally evolved mechanisms for manipulating electromagnetic and quantum fields, in ways we have virtually no understanding of. I think the possibility is open that we naturally evolved a 'observer state emergency ejection system' and that the apparent experience of traveling through afterlives and experiencing reincarnation is just stories we invented to explain what was happening. I think this corresponds with your idea, OP, that the longer lived or more 'special' your soul is, the better your after-life. The more complex your observer state is, the more entrained to your brain pattern the electromagnetic fields are, the better chance you might have at skipping your observer state over to some fetus just achieving proto-consciousness. The implication, unfortunately, is if humans do indeed have some sort of naturally occurring reincarnation mechanism that only works through wonky electromagnetic waves and quantum trickery and not some sort of higher-dimensional or metaphysical principle, then we are probably eradicating it with the increasingly high energy electromagnetic radiation we flood the planet with. Alternatively, 'supernatural' phenomena could be the result of impressions in time caused by some imperfection in our understanding of time or causality, or the result of influences from other adjacent world-lines. The possibilities are many, the answers are few, the debate is fierce, and it will probably be that way until the end of time.

Luckily, in any case we would still have the perennial-samsara after-life, we can assure ourselves of that from first principles fairly succinctly, but again, that's chaos, with no memory of what came before. It's another life, but this life would be utterly gone until you happened upon it again after an unimaginably large number of others.

Of course, there could also be nothing-nothing, forever. Its hard to see how, since nothing-nothing is how we got here in the first place, but, if so, the answer matters even less, so the possibility needs no further investigation.

I also have my own spiritual ideas about the after-life, but as they rest on top of some of the philosophical ideas here, I don't need to bring them up except here for full disclosure's sake.
Best afterlife: just become a robot and invent the afterlife for yourself through intense computation, or die trying.
>>
Cyril Parrygold - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:10:57 EST NsFksadU No.209657 Reply
>>209653
The more you interact with people in the physical world, the more you can come back as a ghost and haunt them after you die. If that's what you're into.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.