Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

is accounting really a social scence

- Sun, 28 Apr 2019 18:50:49 EST 6J+MJ1Xf No.209659
File: 1556491849921.jpg -(13584B / 13.27KB, 225x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. is accounting really a social scence
what u thik bro
>>
Nathaniel Serryfoot - Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:32:31 EST +nIjK/tT No.209662 Reply
>>209659
No of course not but it doesn't belong on any one board currently. You could probably post topics on accountancy in several places depending on the details.
>topics about accounting standards, laws, audit, fraud that sort of shit would fit on our law board surely?
>topics about numbers not adding up or possibly some of the metrics, measurements maybe even t accounts might belong on our maths board though they'd be pretty pedestrian, maybe even our tutorials board if you wanted advice on how to solve a certain problem or process a certain action but that'd probably never get picked up
>topics about ethics and more more philosophical stuff (there isn't much to it, but accounts also means stories or sources and that definitely applies to some accounts, they record what happened in certain terms and how it was interpreted.)

If you can guess I'm an accountant. It's not a social science but I think some topics fit here less awfully than others.

I have a degree in economics which is a social science though. It includes decisions concerning resource allocation and the latter is also an element in some parts of accounting. Though accounting is more about supplying the info than actually making the decision.

If we had a business board most of the above would fit there. Economics might, but people see it as about money whereas it's about the best solution to an impossible problem. Resource allocation and that will involve a lot of ethics, subjective values and pseudo philosophy too.
>>
Jack Wepperson - Wed, 01 May 2019 03:56:47 EST agUXn1jU No.209663 Reply
>>209659
Accounting is a social science. The best accountants know how to account correctly and society itself turns a blind eye based on social aspects of culture. Accounting for beer in Roman times is like accounting for business dinners today

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.