Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

public (pseudo)intellectuals

- Sat, 01 Jun 2019 00:07:37 EST I6irGQRy No.209678
File: 1559362057782.jpg -(1259252B / 1.20MB, 4000x2667) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. public (pseudo)intellectuals
anyone else really fucking hate this guy? also what is it with 3rd rate psychologists suddenly becoming revered as these gurus because they tell basement dwellers basic fucking common sense wrapped up in these political messages that are exactly what they want to hear?
>>
Eugene Bubberstock - Sat, 01 Jun 2019 14:13:52 EST OaolgcgK No.209679 Reply
>why are people who study behaviour good at making people like them???
gee
>>
Cyril Bruffingdare - Sun, 02 Jun 2019 05:49:41 EST Bucl4KP/ No.209680 Reply
1559468981065.jpg -(123471B / 120.58KB, 450x457) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209678
Ah so someone is a pseudointellecial because they something that resonates with a group of people you don't like. What if he is helping them become better people? do you want them to be basement dwellers forever or do you wish them success? So you have a problem with them finding happiness?
>>
Nicholas Pangerfield - Sun, 02 Jun 2019 21:08:26 EST 2LwLwSlz No.209682 Reply
>>209678
Hey man what's your issue with Steven Pinker?
>>3rd rate psychologists
Steve Pinker is a lot bigger deal than that in psychology. Maybe you don't know the temperature of the water among psychologists? He's also quite good on a technical level, he has put out a lot of research, he does the work, he just also makes lots of money off writing books to the general public about it. Yeah, he is one of the last dying relics of the flower child generation of psychology, but is that the only reason you hate him?
>> suddenly
He has been writing science books targeted at the general public for almost 30 years. Is that really sudden to you?

What is the inciting incident of making this post? What did Pinker do to get you so riled up about him? Do you actually disagree with any of his ideas or just don't like that he talks publicly about them?
>>
Simon Becklehane - Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:19:29 EST htO9/ZFZ No.209698 Reply
>>209682
Pinker's primary function is to say "everything is actually good m'kay" and deflect all criticism of current systems of power which is why his primary crowd is rich liberals and fiscal conservatives. Both of those groups happen to control most of the media bandwidth so his ideas get flaunted all over the place with little or no criticism. If you're someone who's upset with the way the world is turning, say an environmentalist, then Pinker is just one of many condescending dumb asses who chide you with a multimillion dollar speakerphone and misconstrued data.

https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-58-the-neoliberal-optimism-industry
>>
Nigel Mablingshaw - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 05:25:39 EST OaolgcgK No.209711 Reply
you all realise this thread is a joke about jordan peterson right?
>>
Charles Bunnerfotch - Sat, 06 Jul 2019 04:33:30 EST u+iaeV9p No.209712 Reply
>>209711
I mean they're both charlatan grifters in the pocket of big business
>>
Phyllis Doddlespear - Wed, 17 Jul 2019 20:37:30 EST htO9/ZFZ No.209724 Reply
>>209698
To build my the thesis in far more explicit terms. Steven Pinker is somewhere between Bill Clinton and Sheldon Adelson in appearances on Epstein's flight logs.

I generally lean towards more systemic explanations of our society but sometimes its just more blatant. Pinker preaches that the world is great and nothing should change because he was regularly flying to an island of teenage sex slaves.
>>
Augustus Blythelock - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 01:59:56 EST vI2KG7aE No.209741 Reply
He despises Hegel so I despise him
>>
Lillian Pickforth - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 10:53:40 EST Wl3Dgimg No.209753 Reply
I wish this thread was also about Jordan Peterson
>>
Polly Wannerfen - Thu, 29 Aug 2019 21:27:15 EST NAcNncXr No.209762 Reply
>>209741
o jeez is he one of those 'consciousness doesnt real/ consciousness is a construct/ your emotions are just feelings' guy?
>>
Nathaniel Brookwell - Sat, 31 Aug 2019 02:46:50 EST vI2KG7aE No.209764 Reply
>>209762
more of a scientism absolutist. I'd take Feyerabend over him anyday, and I'm far from an anarchist.
>>
Emma Hingerchork - Tue, 22 Oct 2019 03:08:25 EST y/Mvju/Q No.209804 Reply
1571728105599.jpg -(110259B / 107.67KB, 620x992) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209712
I realized this after I listening to my 27th or so Jordan Peterson podcast or one of his numerous 'destroys' videos on YouTube, then I went back to Terence McKenna and Alan Watts and found they were saying basically the opposite, but I felt like I agreed with all of them. That's because most of what they're saying is nothing.

All those guys, including Alex Jones and Joe Rogan are just like 80% ASMR and 20% actual information. At least McKenna was a proponent of going your own way. A lot of the 'spoken word' and podcasting world is just white noise to put on in the background while you play video games or wash dishes.
>>
Angus Saddlefoot - Wed, 23 Oct 2019 00:39:51 EST gL2K3GAz No.209805 Reply
>>209804
I'm just interjecting here- but I have to say that Mr. Peterson for all his hilarity never got to my g-spot as it were. Maybe I'm too inundated with Mr. Hitches so I have that kind of shield. But Peterson often makes statement so banal that it's boring.
>>
Frederick Callybanks - Sun, 29 Dec 2019 13:10:42 EST +41UFqoX No.209895 Reply
>>209804
Is Joe Rogan even considered an intellectual? I mean his stand up is shit and you have to be at least witty to make a decent stand up set. His podcast is basically duuuuude, like what if this was that? wouldnt that be like.... crazy? whoa. dude.

Jordan Peterson is the same self-help nonsense packaged with a bit of societal distaste sprinkled in. The only thing I've ever liked about what he's said on a public speaking level is his pointing out that extreme left wing is just as horrific for society as extreme right wing. I can't attest to his clinical psychology speeches and lectures. since idgaf I still like anyone that can piss people off just by waking up in the morning.
>>
Isabella Hommershaw - Fri, 03 Jan 2020 07:00:43 EST VhdWon+z No.209905 Reply
>>209895
I think Joe Rogan is what you call a mark for himself. I notice more and more that he tries too hard sometimes to his detriment because then he just sounds like more of a bro retard who just gets high too much.
>>
UnamusementPark !ikwaNLFmBo - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 16:28:55 EST BvX5CZvf No.209909 Reply
1578346135245.jpg -(42441B / 41.45KB, 500x375) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209906
And I said
>>"Yes"
User is currently banned from all boardsUser is currently banned from all boards
>>
Caroline Gubberlodging - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 01:00:36 EST F+sFVck2 No.209918 Reply
>>209905
I think it is more interesting to ask if JRE is a gateway to the alt-right. Apparently he is viewed as a complete and utter nazi by the left wing whatevers out there. I saw a huge thread on circlejerk saying he was slowly radicalizing tons of young white males. I don't really see it, I thought the guy was slightly left-leaning if anything.

He clearly isn't an intellectual though.
>>
Beatrice Bimbledale - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 01:12:32 EST KZ13eD3E No.209919 Reply
>>209918

I would argue strenuously that there isn't an 'alt-right.' One speech by Hilary Clinton in 2016 does not a political program make. This is a secondary concern and not the point of this response.

To your point. I would say that the youtube algorithm is more responsible for what you're talking about rather than anything that's appeared on that "show." What brief experiences I've had with it have not really shown anything of particular intellectual challenge or anything strikingly left/right.

Since the cat planets exist I assume circlejerk is shiddit. My sentiment relating to that site is that it's like the olympics of trying to be that one kid in high school who insisted that anything you could do, he could do better. I have a deep seated hatred for that website after what happened with the boston marathon bombing.
>>
Beatrice Bellysag - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 12:54:11 EST hcOExBer No.209923 Reply
1578938051590.jpg -(362590B / 354.09KB, 383x575) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209919
There was a study recently which showed that algorithms weren't actually to blame. Can't locate the article tho. :( People looked for that type of content intentionally. The alt-right has nothing to do with some speech by Clinton. I agree there isn't an alt-right anymore, at this point they've transitioned either away from far-right politics or became outright fascists and/or ultra-nationalists.
>>
Edwin Bongerlock - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 06:47:03 EST fGHDtkRk No.209934 Reply
>>209923
there never was an "alt-right" or an "alt-lite", there's functionally no difference between a fascist and a fascist sympathizer, their beliefs may differ but they ultimately lead to the same end
>>
Edwin Worthinggold - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:38:21 EST ZfpvGvy/ No.209935 Reply
>>209919
Well I don't know what they did with the boston thing but leddit is complete and total shite. I get that the defense is, "Well it depends on which subcirclejerks you use." but that places is just utter shit. You're punished for not going along with the groupthink, nobody reads whatever is posted it is just whatever the headline says, and it is an unrelenting massive congregation of children, foreigners, and bots trying to push political narratives on the US. None of which groups should have any influence on US legal systems.

I went to that shithole for a brief period of time just because everywhere else on the net has become so unbearably awful now that we're in Net 3.0 or whatever but I just couldn't take the extreme level of children and whiny foreigners and bots stirring shit up. The handful of adults that do use the site are so brainwashed to one political spectrum or another you can't have a logical conversation with them without it turning into dogma and rhetoric bullet points. I'm honestly flabbergasted that circlejerk is seen as the intellectual's website nowadays. The entire system is set up for brigading and censoring and flogging people who step out of line. Just fucking awful.
>>
Nathaniel Smallhall - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 20:00:48 EST fGHDtkRk No.209936 Reply
1580086848000.png -(225368B / 220.09KB, 957x1128) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>209923
It's never been about algorithms, it's always been about collaborations between content creators leading people to more and more extremist content and deliberate misinformation campaigns via advertising, at least on YouTube

I watch a lot of news and educational videos among a lot of other things and on the rare occasion i use the app or some other platform without adblocking I get ads relevant to my interests/demographic info along with a SHITTON of ads from PragerU, WeTheInternet, Daily Wire, Jordan Peterson, etc. despite never watching ANYTHING that would indicate I lean towards that direction and despite checking them as "irrelevant" every single time I see them.

And the same fucking platform that runs those "not true btw" banners on videos about stuff like climate change, vaccines, and the Holocaust to """combat"""" fake news PROMOTES this bullshit because they get money from them.

YouTube is such a fucking clusterfuck of misinformation and every empty gesture they make to do something about it just lets the bullshit peddlers play the victim. They make everyone angry by doing dumb shit like demonetizing EVERYONE instead of just deplatforming people who violate the TOS, and then when they do finally ban people they usually renege and unban them, giving them a shitton of publicity and making things even worse.

More and more uninformed parties start with a vague mistrust of authority, see stuff like this and are driven into the arms of actual authoritarians that tell them YouTube/Twitter/Facebook are run by a far-Left SJW Stasi trying to censor the truth, when in reality they only ever started doing anything at all because a few advertisers didn't like having their ads run before videos about the Jewish Question.

Then they see the same people coming for their freeze peach are also telling them "hey climate change is real, the moon landing and the holocaust happened, and maybe you shouldn't go out and curbstomp trans people" and then because their worlds are so black and white and can only comprehend two diametrically opposed sides existing, they go from PewDiePie to JRE to JPB to Stefan Molyneux to Richard Spenser. I mean obviously most people dont go past the first 2 because at the end of the day most people dont give a shit about politics, but this kind of progression is among a certain demographic of underachieving, mostly straight, mostly white, mostly male. 20-somethings is a very well-documented phenomenon

They made it so much worse than if they just did nothing.

Commercial internet was a mistake
>>
Sidney Bedgechack - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:53:26 EST te/QDo9y No.209937 Reply
>>209934
Key word there is functionally, since a fascist sympathizer supports, amplifies, and gives space to fascism. Except its important to make distinctions with subtly in mind and not paint with too large brush strokes. Particularly if one can drive a wedge between the two.
>>
Hedda Gocklespear - Sun, 02 Feb 2020 22:46:16 EST okIBfjTP No.209940 Reply
Interesting to update this thread. Since the start:
  1. Peterson came out that he was in Klonopin hole for most of his rise to fame.
  2. Rogan interviewed Yang and Sanders then refused to interview anyone else and endorsed Sanders.
  3. Jeffery Epstein was murdered.
>>
Thomas Chammerchone - Sun, 02 Feb 2020 23:17:30 EST fGHDtkRk No.209941 Reply
>>209940
Jeffery Epstein's body double was murdered you mean to say. The real Epstein is living large in South America

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.