Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

historical accuracy of Foucault

- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 23:38:07 EST u+iaeV9p No.209689
File: 1560310687254.jpg -(94684B / 92.46KB, 385x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. historical accuracy of Foucault
There is absolutely no historical evidence for what he's saying in this book and the overwhelming consensus of historians is the exact opposite of what he proposes. What am I missing here? Discipline and Punish and the History of Sexuality are relatively sound both philosophically and historically and the underlying arguments he's making in this book are reasonable. Where did he get his understanding of history for this? Did he just not really care and that's the point or what?
>>
A_Wizard !cMZsY.BCnU!!vVWR8L52 - Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:46:19 EST LFOJs4BT No.209690 Reply
>>209689
I know absolutely nothing about the author beyond what you have stated, and have no further opinion of him as a result. With that said...
>general consensus of historians
Was that Plato was making shit up and there was no Troy, that the world was 6000 years old (because of religious influence), that there was only one migration to north America, that Tibetan Buddhism had no relation to pre-christian European culture and religion, that the first man was jewish, that everyone came from africa, that there was no oceanic travel before six hundred years ago... You get my point?

General consensus in academia is about political consensus, until the mountain of evidence is large enough to crush them under it's weight.
>>
Matilda Ginderpadging - Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:44:50 EST LwxsxyPf No.209723 Reply
>>209689
>What am I missing here?
it's about the development of institutions which confine the 'other' and seperate him from the rest of society. The importance of Foucaults work is more in the methodology. Just google it I guess.
>>
Augustus Blythelock - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 02:04:35 EST vI2KG7aE No.209743 Reply
>>209689
Foucault was right about mental illness but was a giant fedora tipper

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.