Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

am I a naturalist

- Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:17:05 EST xomjeV0u No.210013
File: 1584069425281.jpg -(276773B / 270.29KB, 1072x1618) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. am I a naturalist
I don't think the modern world is natural since we've been detrimental to nature through drowning it in plastics, 5g causing cancer, animals going extinct every day etc. does that make me a hardcore naturalist?
>>
Basil Trotforth - Sun, 22 Mar 2020 16:42:32 EST fGHDtkRk No.210020 Reply
More of a primitivist, naturalism is slightly different.

I think if you try to go down this line of argument, you're going to have a hard time defining what is and isn't "natural" and explaining in what ways human beings' and their works are not a part of nature. I think you're right to recognize that humans are doing severe, potentially irreversible damage to the planet and have no intention of stopping any time soon, but I would urge you to try and consider many different angles of why this might happening.

You can start with the premise that suffering arises when we don't act in accordance with "nature" but again, I think it'll be very hard to concretely define what nature even is, especially with regards to how we are to act in accordance with it. That is if we've already established that we ought to, which I think is a very difficult claim to make in the first place.

I think a much more concrete and objective explanation of why we're in the situation we're in as human beings has to do with economic and political systems. Many people make the argument that capitalism is in human nature, that it's inevitable we ended up here and that we're effectively in "the end of history", but I think that's far from the truth. In my view, the preponderance of evidence suggests that not only can our global economic system be changed, it has to be for humanity to survive, let alone thrive.

Also minor point because I know it was just an example and your other two I agree with but there is absolutely no evidence that 5G is dangerous in any way shape or form.
>>
Nell Hizzlekid - Tue, 24 Mar 2020 00:17:31 EST HIc9yngr No.210022 Reply
>>210013
Nigga the whole world is naturally occuring. You are space traversing the medium of time, just like everything else. BITCH up
>>
David Bockleson - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:28:12 EST 8gq7GAVV No.210026 Reply
>>210013
5G doesnt cause cancer you retard. Thats just retarded tinfoil freaks getting riled up and the CIA messing around with psyops because China is laying dowm a lot of 5G infrastructure.
>>
Rebecca Fuckingway - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 17:42:02 EST xomjeV0u No.210027 Reply
>>210022
The problem is I have looked at it and I came to the conclusion that we have to reapproach how we interact with the world we don't consider other species quality of life, longevity, or how the modern world has created an extinction event, or establishing boundaries on resources due to greed or lack of foresight.

>>210020
I'm always hitching up don't get it twisted but that's not a greenlight to act without consequence or morals
>>
Rebecca Fuckingway - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 17:43:38 EST xomjeV0u No.210028 Reply
>>210026
There's also no proof it doesn't. 4g also is already affecting bird behavior negatively due to the difference in airwaves and we don't account for that. It's documented too you can't even debate this one
>>
Shitting Settingdale - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:05:42 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210029 Reply
>>210028
Cool, I did try googling the studies on 4G and birds but I think I'm using the right search terms, can you point me at them?

Absence of evidence is indeed not evidence of absence which you're right about. But you can say the same about 5G not being proven safe.
>>
Frederick Nickleridge - Sun, 05 Apr 2020 05:15:53 EST I6irGQRy No.210031 Reply
>>210028
>>210029
I want someone to explain to me HOW exactly it's dangerous, in comcrete terms, because I hate industrial society as much as the next person so I've researched it and all you can find are studies proposing there could be some potentially concerning properties we should be aware of and research further, news articles sensationalizing likely insignificant findings like they always do and then conflicting theories by cranks and loons who extrapolate wildly based on the misrepresented findings of these misrepresented studies.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Nigel Benderpitch - Wed, 08 Apr 2020 05:36:10 EST fGHDtkRk No.210037 Reply
https://youtu.be/Du8yQeQdMBk

Great video that actually came out today that debunks the 5G thing pretty well. A lot of it, like any conspiracy theory, comes down to people misunderstanding terms and running with it because it's what they want to believe anyway

Tl;dw people hear electromagnetic radiation and microwaves and get spooked, not realizing that it's basically light, light is just the visible.psrt of the electromagnetic spectrum. Microwaves are actually longer than visible light and generally the shorter the wave length the more inherently damaging the wave can be. The real key is power behind the waves. Which is why your microwave cooks food while your router which uses microwaves at the same exact frequency, doesn't. 5G is very low power.

Also the bird thing is obviously because they're tuned into Earths magnetic field to know where to go, humans have no such ability
>>
Isabella Semmerfag - Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:48:09 EST xomjeV0u No.210039 Reply
>>210037
>>210031
There's no credible sources listed but if this has any shred of truth we should halt
5g until we can disprove it doesn't harm birds because so far all evidence is conflicting
>>
Cedric Mallerbanks - Fri, 10 Apr 2020 19:16:22 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210041 Reply
>>210040
Yeah but when all the evidence the "5G is evil" lot have is a bunch of articles saying people (them) think 5G might be bad, that's kind of stupid.

Also look at the whole vaccines thing. I mean even for that the law firm managed to pay for a fake paper. We haven't even got that.
>>
Edward Crubblehadge - Mon, 13 Apr 2020 04:21:25 EST fGHDtkRk No.210046 Reply
>>210040
If people were framing it ONLY as an environmental concern that would be completely valid, because there IS ample evidence to suggest that electromagnetic waves across the spectrum, not just 5g microwaves, can interfere with ANIMALS' ability to navigate and know where they are in the world. Again, because they use senses that humans aren't known to have.

There is no evidence that 5g causes cancer or any of the other ridiculous claims conspiracy theorists make, and their concern about birds is in bad faith. Same with the concern about birds and wind power, which at its heart is legitimate, but coal power still kills a lot more birds than windmills do.
>>
Clara Faddleway - Thu, 07 May 2020 22:47:22 EST AOuUNGAb No.210071 Reply
>>210013
Nature existed before man.
Then man arrived on the scene.
In our mind we divided nature into that which is natural and that which is unnatural.
Two opposites that describe the same thing.
A tree is of nature, so everything it does is natural.
But a man is for some reason not invited to this group?
If man is from nature, then the actions of man are natural.
Yet the actions of man seem unnatural.
Is man from nature?
>>
Clara Faddleway - Thu, 07 May 2020 22:50:51 EST AOuUNGAb No.210072 Reply
>>210013
Leave a slug and a potato to do their thing and they won't be able to extract oil from the earth, then refine it and recombine its components into polystyrene. If somehow plastic occurred without the intervention of man, we wouldn't be bothered.
But because man is for some reason separate from nature, any action we do is unnatural. The plastic we made by combining resources that God has provided are somehow evil because it required intricate observation and logic and precision chemistry to create?
>>
Clara Faddleway - Thu, 07 May 2020 22:54:09 EST AOuUNGAb No.210073 Reply
>>210013
The physical body, given to man from nature, is limited and stupid, like the rest of nature. No wonder the human body tissues cannot tolerate concentrated 6Ghz - 100Ghz radio waves without becoming cancerous. Stupid limited flesh in need of the improvement of man. Once again, man must do everything for nature.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.