Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

why is this graph?

- Tue, 07 Apr 2020 07:01:42 EST fGHDtkRk No.210034
File: 1586257302955.jpg -(89341B / 87.25KB, 610x610) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. why is this graph?
I saw this on Wikipedia just now. It's being used to exppain an incredibly simple concept. It's comparing inferior goods (for which the demand goes down as income goes up) with normal goods (for which the demand goes up as income goes up).

That's it.

What purpose does something like this serve then? Anyone who could make sense of this graph could easily grasp something so simple without any illustration at all. It seems far more obfuscatory than anything.
>>
James Doppercocke - Tue, 07 Apr 2020 12:56:03 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210036 Reply
>>210035
It's actually economics.

The graph itself doesn't illustrate much until you add values or supply curves. It's mostly to help people visualise how it looks.

Yeah if I wanted to explain inferior goods to someone I wouldn't use a graph. If I wanted to start analysing more implications like the relationship between producer and consumer surplus with inferior goods as income changes I'd probably produce the graph so I could work out what formula to apply.

A lot of numbers in economics are only relative to the frame they're in which is a problem, but it does let you test theories and help come up with better economic decisions.
>>
itsasurface - Sun, 12 Apr 2020 17:07:47 EST WXHC5VMo No.210043 Reply
>>210034

I would use something like excel if I had to explain the difference in price between product one and product 2.

That's college marketing, at it's finest and YOU WOULD need visuals to explain product demand and price increase as well as supply to someone in high school.

for example.
I bought a microsoft surface laptop 3.

the last one.
i bought it retail.
it was the last one.
>>
Edward Crubblehadge - Mon, 13 Apr 2020 04:16:40 EST fGHDtkRk No.210045 Reply
>>210043
My entire point is that the graph itself is ridiculous and needlessly complex
>>
Augustus Chupperfoot - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:04:39 EST 8gq7GAVV No.210049 Reply
>>210045
To explain the concept yes. But that's not the point, you idiot.

The graph teaches people to recognize patterns in other graphs.
>>
Fuck Blatherstone - Sat, 25 Apr 2020 22:34:55 EST 7bjVqurI No.210052 Reply
>>210045
The point is you learn to understand simple graphs, and then when they get complicated because there are a lot more variables you understand what's happening. Also some economic conditions can cause the graph to 'shift to the right' or 'shift to the left'. It's an easy way to visualize cause and effects
>>
Ian Publingchig - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:01:55 EST dh/GbIQI No.210145 Reply
1591041715427.jpg -(644784B / 629.67KB, 1427x1305) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>210034
I definitely am a dollar bill. Americans as a people are best described as a "dollar bill" more than any other people on the planet. Each and every single one of us US American Citizens are definitely, beyond a doubt, "dollar bills."

Inside scoop is with Liberty Dollar is that generics were mostly sold in 100's to storefronts. This was done from 1998-2009 until the nail was put in the coffin. Inside scoop is that the deal was mediocre with the exception that there's a sole issuer for these so-called dollars, "so-called dollars" were illegal for a very long time, since the Civil War since businesses were spamming them to no foreign credit. The genius is that silver was a public matter until it became a private matter in the 1970's... the legal technicality is that private mints don't know what to do.

It went under the radar and people respected it to varying degrees... didn't respect it? the narrative is that store owners would set these things up for gas stop souvenirs to full credit, people who made round trips regularly purchased them from purchasers to 20k a year credit net profit.

Things got unreal in 2007. Districts were using them, they had directories, store owners spent them at other stores, and they had purchase limits. You would keep up with the catalog and buy five First Day's and play off the limit to any numismatist who may have missed it.

Yeah I know what a US Dollar is. It's the colloquial and it fucking stinks.
>>
Ian Publingchig - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:14:02 EST dh/GbIQI No.210146 Reply
You made money by being positive, that was the really weird thing to me about it all. Tell the person to spend it. It's also a lot of fascination with loopholes, technically it did not have an affirmation. The last silver with a dollar sign on it. There was a statement challenge pending and they got raided, isn't the claustrophobic?
>>
Ian Publingchig - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:14:48 EST dh/GbIQI No.210147 Reply
that* whatever i don't can't spend time on it
>>
Phyllis Blatherway - Wed, 17 Jun 2020 21:00:53 EST dh/GbIQI No.210170 Reply
>>210146
Personal relay is that the person got a good deal. The idea with the pyramid on the bottom of the obverse is that people were putting as much trust in this person's spirographed cultural landmark representative of the people who live there, as much as anyone else's. It's to say a pyramid scheme is worth its balls, in an interpretative sort of way.

There's a whoooooole lot of logistical stuff to do with the hard value of this jazz. It's a lot of fascination with table spending stuff that not based on ideas and is never going to be worthless. Some say it is worth half as much as the real thing, some say that it is worth half as more. The operating principle of old private Clark & Gruber-style mints was that counter-coin silver is worth 1.6x more than melt silver. This is going off of Joe Lesher in Colorado in 1899.

It's good to know what money is.. but I digress, some local communities who get jobs done used to say that it is wampum! Good luck with that! It is good to know what force is as well!

Some people were real habitual assholes with it at baseball games in the end. The hearsay of it was the opposite of the distributor's directives. This was before bitcoin took off because it was impossible for the government to shut down multi-million dollar international transactions which ones were done outside of banking reuglations, mind you. Did you know that if they government wanted to shut down bitcoin they couldn't?
>>
Phyllis Blatherway - Wed, 17 Jun 2020 21:26:35 EST dh/GbIQI No.210171 Reply
>>210147
I don't really care about chitchatting over loaded stuff online unless I have been drinking enough to make cheesehead spelling mistakes, which is good! Personal relay is that businesses would not have to pay any taxes on "hard income" that is used to pay the plumber... but what about the 10th amendment? Do people care about that one? "Don't lie in government?" Explicitness of wording? Is that what this "Commerce Clause" is that they have on wikipedia? I don't know too much about it.
>>
Lillian Clecklesock - Thu, 18 Jun 2020 09:45:20 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210173 Reply
>>210171

Are you a markovian bot or just poorly medicated? A low grade essay generator? Are you just a fat handed twat with a poorly calibrated phone autocorrect?

There's words, phrases and stuff that's real but it's often a load of tangential points or narrative with no technical explanation alluding to technical . There's nonsense sentences and the bizzare mix of super obscure references, needless use of extra words and lots of "whatasamathingy I can't remember the word for this" words where something specific is necessary. All this makes each post a meaningless word salad.

Long words and expansive vocabulary are not clever, they're just educated. Being concise and making it so any idiot can understand is clever. I have a degree in economics and yet I cannot follow you for more than 2 consecutive sentences.

I mean you're consistently talking about non government backed money and the history of it I get that. But that's about it. I can't tell if you've picked up some interesting soundbytes and don't understand them, are a bot written script, or are just trying to repeat using the same words/abusing a thesaurus. And I MEAN abusing it. Cut this shit out, or use plain english so we can understand the subject.
>>
Hannah Grandforth - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 12:38:26 EST dh/GbIQI No.210176 Reply
>>210173
That's nice. Which parts are you having trouble reading? You have an economics degree... so then that means you do not know what a narrative is? I'm confused.
>>
Hannah Grandforth - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 12:43:23 EST dh/GbIQI No.210177 Reply
>>210173
Maybe you could have done better knowing the difference between an essay and narrative. Sorry that you decided to go to college.
>>
Hannah Grandforth - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 13:09:57 EST dh/GbIQI No.210178 Reply
>>210173
I think I know who you are, and for the sake of storytelling you sound like a fuckin' bad-faith greaseball to get to know. A thesaurus, lol? I come in here saying that this happened and this happened and the perception of somehow being threatened lands you as a fucking creep. Are you really that contrived where you project it onto other people?

Which part are you having trouble reading? You want to give me some pointers: fuck off. You're talking down the genuine way to frame these things and I could have gone my entire life not having ended up hating you at this point. You ever read fiction that is on a 9th grade reading level? You're a bad-faith retard! Which part are you trying to help me with?
>>
Hannah Grandforth - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 13:17:38 EST dh/GbIQI No.210179 Reply
1592587058022.jpg -(15822B / 15.45KB, 311x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Eric B: ON YOUR BIKE
>>
Hannah Grandforth - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:08:20 EST dh/GbIQI No.210180 Reply
If I was selling the speed portrait and the person turned it into a fucking joke I would spit on their shoes and say that it didn't happen. Fuck this guy.
>>
James Ganderwill - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 20:12:08 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210181 Reply
>>210176
I'm having trouble reading everything. You really should slow down and check your posts rather than just typing whatever you think and hitting submit. The fact you've made 4 replies shows how rushed you are. I would like to appologise for being so rude. The strain of reading those posts and frustrating it caused me got to me. I was blunt and you are genuinely trying to share an interesting story, though I'm afraid I really did wonder if you were a bot. The fat handed twat is a series of comedy sketches it's dated a bit (it was done when Simon Pegg was young and up and coming) but it's got some good lines.

I am unsure about whether you actually want me to prove my point because you contradicted yourself a bit. I'm going to do it and put it in spoilers. Make your choice on whether you want to hear it. Using "bad faith" to dismiss anyone who doesn't like your posts is itself bad faith, it's a lazy dismissal, however as I've so far not produced anything constructive its wasn't entirely unreasonable. Now I've put some effort into it, it's up to you. I've highlighted some of the things which which confused me and explained why. I've even offered a suggestion or two. Maybe I'm a condescending prick or maybe I'm just that desperate that you slow down and contribute to the board rather than just drowning it. Probably both but I can live with that.

When I looked at wikipedia I read your post again and realised you were talking about a privately minted currency that was shut down by the feds 10+ years ago. They dropped quite a few of the charges because the guy minting it obviously wasn't trying to defraud or cause harm, he was just rebelling.They didn't like him creating an alternative currency even though he hadn't really done anything immoral, though a scheme like his could easily be a scam. He was just a legit rebel with a cause. Even now he honours his currency. It made an earnest attempt to understand you but then you kept going. Your long posts aren't adding any value. I thought either you can stop or you can write better posts and either is a win.

I am not an english teacher. I am a terrible communicator so I am only basing this on criticism that has been levelled at me.

There might be an interesting story but it's impossible to follow. You've buried what you want to say in meaningless sentences, used really weird idioms, added irrelevent facts which distract us from the important bits and then at other times managed to be too vague. This is a slow discussion on a slow board. You can write the post, check it, let it sit a day and check it again. You could remove the meaningless bits, cut the extraneous nonsense and then change the idioms and vague words so we know what you mean. The fact you've made 4 replies is a good example of this. I'm unsure what you really feel because you have changed your mind every 10 minutes and given me a post for each.

here's some examples of sentences that made no sense or were just vague
> The hearsay of it was the opposite of the distributor's directives.
>There's a whoooooole lot of logistical stuff to do with the hard value of this jazz
>Personal relay is that the person got a good deal
>the legal technicality is that private mints don't know what to do
>You would keep up with the catalog and buy five First Day's and play off the limit

This also relates to why I thought you might be a bot. In order to get around filters chinabot has to use unusual words and idioms. I genuinely wasn't sure of your humanity or if you weren't a chinese script.

Its not really clear what personal relay is. Is this stuff someone told you person to person? "Something I was told?" or something that was spread by word of mouth by people in the know (which you now know so obviously it's recorded somewhere).

I think I understand this but I'm unsure. I had to spend a good 5 minutes thinking it through to interpret it. I
>The idea with the pyramid on the bottom of the obverse is that people were putting as much trust in this person's spirographed cultural landmark representative of the people who live there
While "the bottom of the obverse" is technically correct it doesn't really matter where the pyramid is. It's on the coin as a symbol. It's a symbol that shows the people's trust in the coin? I think the "cultural landmark representative" might be words that don't actually mean much here. That it was drawn with a spirograph is also irrelevent. It just means I spent a lot of time trying to understand what you meant and am still not sure if I'm missing an important detail or not. If I'm missing something key please explain. If I've got it then you've added a lot of long words that mean nothing, the problem is they make the reader unsure if they understood what you're saying and so it becomes hard to take anything away from this point.

Also this
>The operating principle of old private Clark & Gruber-style mints was that counter-coin silver is worth 1.6x more than melt silver. This is going off of Joe Lesher in Colorado in 1899.
I looked up the Clarke and Gruber mint and honestly you could have turned this sentence into the following. The rest of those two sentences adds nothing
>The operating principle of old private mints was that counter-coin silver is worth 1.6x more than melt silver
Which if I'm right means that coins on private mints are still not fully backed by the silver but that this allows the mint to recover costs and make a profit.

Stuff you could have explained better
>Personal relay is that businesses would not have to pay any taxes on "hard income" that is used to pay the plumber... but what about the 10th amendment?
Also what's the 10th amendment for people who haven't read the US constitution (which as a Brit includes me), why would they not have to pay taxes? I get that by "pay the plumber" you mean any small cash in hand service but the rest? no.

>I definitely am a dollar bill. Americans as a people are best described as a "dollar bill" more than any other people on the planet. Each and every single one of us US American Citizens are definitely, beyond a doubt, "dollar bills."
You never relate this to the alternative currency. Or maybe you do and it's obvious once everything else makes sense.

Also you have an unusual set of idioms and ways of relating things. They might be cool and give you character but they also make communicating hard work. If you want people to engage, you do not want to make them work harder than they need to. it shows no respect for the listener and even if it's not an intentional snub it's a bad start.
>>
Archie Pickleway - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 03:40:50 EST dh/GbIQI No.210182 Reply
1592725250290.jpg -(163489B / 159.66KB, 621x610) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>210181
I'm farting too loudly while intoxicated. I think you got it.

There's HSN scams on contemporary coins, but there's a way you run a catalog. It comes down to what people are willing to accept. Customers with this stuff had fun, and they started having a lot of fun in 2007 when limited varieties came out.

The way it worked out was that districts were supposed to continue using it, and the gov't was supposed to run taxes on it so that the taxpayer doesn't get scammed.

There's a way you give constructive criticism, and I am insecure about things that I outright refuse to do. I am not going to construct grammatical structures that aren't redistributed. I see what you mean and I will work on the vaugeness.

It seems like the economist brain has trouble with "you" instead of "the customer" and these "x is good hooray hooray" styles of speech.

I'm really unnerved by pretty much everything that you bring up. Replace psychiatric medication with a personal loan on car insurance, help someone by "being good" if you are going to help someone You can have my sorry sorry..
>>
Cornelius Dollykeck - Sat, 04 Jul 2020 22:29:12 EST dh/GbIQI No.210210 Reply
markoff chain what like a self perpetuating joke before looking it up who is this markoff chaney guy what is this hey if these 12 different locations that systematically got raided at the same time had anyone waving a metal detector god forbid a paperclip having gotten jammed in the carpet hey i am really pissed off
>>
Shitting Packleham - Sun, 05 Jul 2020 22:41:48 EST dh/GbIQI No.210211 Reply
hey what do you mean by this markoff chaney guy are you saying that you are a fuckward?
>>
Cornelius Funkinbuck - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 02:44:00 EST DjpVXflu No.210235 Reply
Why even care about economics? The study of it completely ignores a lot of reality
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
hey its elliot from unlv - Sun, 09 Aug 2020 02:04:03 EST LR61quQn No.210279 Reply
>>210034
Holy Fucking Shit. I think ii still haver this same fuckign graph installed nope... nvm it was installed on my chrome.
i remember reading this post in my dorm room.

Now like.. a billion thoughts later,
i even spent a week trying to look for the cure for cancer. I know it has/had to be somewhere

turns out I ffound sme scary ass shit instead.

but this? this is not scary.
>>
hey its elliot from unlv - Sun, 09 Aug 2020 02:07:52 EST LR61quQn No.210280 Reply
>>210034

I had ran into a collective of images, that are just like this in similiarity \ and was going to master excel and... save Enron.

and the the Lehman Brothers.

Use the examples,
Execl it,
but i mean.. i think its too diifficult to explain a graph like this unless you have a college degree... to give you an answer to your question.

Finding solutions, you know.
now I think someone cause a havocacy orr some shit, now its like... dude... we were looking for fucking solutions, or i was or something, then I started looking for cures.

Where the fukc...
oh my god.

/ends finding the cure for anything .

looks like school starts in 16 days anyways.
perfect timign tojust recrecreational
>>
Caroline Penkinfare - Wed, 02 Sep 2020 11:23:04 EST 9cwa4O41 No.210283 Reply
The point of the graph is to allow you to make NUMERICAL, QUANTITATIVE predictions about future given some projected constraints. The "concept", as you say, can be grasped without the graph (perhaps even more easily without the graph) but the concept is "only" a qualitative grasp which will have difficulty making concrete/accurate predictions about the actual numerical changes. "X" increases when "Y" increases is easy to understand, but the rate of change in X as Y increases is more difficult to understand, but allows you to make more accurate predictions about what X will do given an arbitrary value of Y.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.