Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Fate

- Thu, 07 May 2020 23:14:53 EST AOuUNGAb No.210075
File: 1588907693355.png -(81677B / 79.76KB, 1023x178) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Fate
Each rain drop falls in a precise location predetermined by nature's law.
Man, who is so complex, seems to be able to interfere with the course of nature, at least by our definitions.

If a deck of cards drops to the ground, nature rules over which cards will flip face up.
Man, who is in the habit of storytelling, will often determine what the face up cards "mean".

Does nature, as man commonly understands it as a force separate from man, communicate to man? Does nature care about the path of men? Does nature try to warn man?

What is nature's goal? To what ends?
If man is truly separate from nature, why does man tolerate nature?
>>
Shitting Bardstone - Fri, 08 May 2020 20:22:56 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210080 Reply
>>210075
You can't answer these questions without properly defining "nature". What is nature?
>>
Lillian Wellerline - Sat, 09 May 2020 17:55:39 EST AOuUNGAb No.210083 Reply
>>210080
Indeed. Perhaps as a starting point, nature can be defined as all that is opposite to the will of man? Is this necessary and sufficient?
>>
Lillian Summledutch - Sun, 10 May 2020 19:06:23 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210086 Reply
>>210083
Well assuming you mean stuff outside the will of man then I guess.

I don't think of nature as an entity or consciousness. It does of course affect man and so convey information about it's workings to man. But I also don't think nature is really a thing. We are doing what our species has evolved to do. Nature made us this way.

Man must tolerate nature because man has to though. If you think it's a thing and it's the thing that is not man's will, as man is not omnipotent there are things that cannot be changed and thus must be tolerated.
>>
Jenny Piblingstutch - Fri, 15 May 2020 18:54:42 EST AOuUNGAb No.210108 Reply
>>210086
I say "OPPOSITE" to the will of man because when man tames the force it belongs to him and stops being "natural". Exempli gratia: chemistry. Nature is always doing chemistry, converting elements from one shape and configuration to another. When man discovered these procedures he was able to make new configurations that nature did not, like plastic.
>>
Graham Chuddlefock - Mon, 18 May 2020 05:59:18 EST hcOExBer No.210121 Reply
1589795958546.jpg -(690058B / 673.88KB, 1388x1932) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>210108 >>210086
Good points, but I believe its folly to separate humans from nature. In a way that's kind of late-modern capitalist human society's modus operandi in the city. An attempt at control of our natural environment.

I live nearby this quarry with vehicles digging and the fence seperating the well-kept yard from the mishappen and half-hearted wild. This feels like a legit metaphor for the scale of wilderness to garden then city. The garden is still wild, but managed by humans, while the city, our shelters and roads are so seemingly temporary in accordance with the grand scale of things, but almost entirely controlled by us, yet entirely at the mercy of our greater environment, which is all interconnected.

"You can drive out nature with a pitchfork, but it always come roaring back again."
Tom Waits - Misery is the River of the World
https://youtu.be/Rz_xVE3EMeU

I don't know about fate or destiny, but maybe there's something to it?
>>
Cornelius Funkinbuck - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 02:42:07 EST DjpVXflu No.210234 Reply
>Nature's goal
To multiply
>ends
Enjoyment
>separate
No he is not
User is currently banned from all boards

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.