Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

hunka hoga

- Sun, 24 May 2020 13:04:37 EST WrtAkYkv No.210135
File: 1590339877613.jpg -(31422B / 30.69KB, 720x633) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. hunka hoga
There is no objective meaning of life if you don't believe in intelligent design.
You can fabricate one and argue that it's just as valid, and it very well may be, but it's still a subjective meaning you fabricated. And everyone's differs, making it non-inherent and not the same thing.

I know I'm not breaking new ground here, just wanted to see what you guys thought about realistic nihilism (yes I cringe at the term nihilism too)
>>
Hamilton Dammlebury - Mon, 25 May 2020 15:30:21 EST UcZcOgV6 No.210140 Reply
>>210135
What the fuck is that image and what is it related to this?

Anyway, meaning of life lives in your mind it's simply what you make of it you are describing existentialism.

Nihilism is based off people who have given up on trying to find meaning or trying to make meaning. They believe meaning of life doesn't exist much like Camus and his book on absurdism, except camus believes if you accept the world has no meaning you will be happy and enjoy your life living on earth.
>>
Edward Choffingfield - Thu, 28 May 2020 10:10:45 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210141 Reply
>>210140
Yeah existentialism is less edgy than nihilism and less cool and ironic than absurdism and ironically became a concrete school of thought later than the other two despite likely existing in some fashion for much longer.

Much like OP i worked out what I believed and that others must have come to the same conclusions long before I identified those people from among the nihilists.

I see it this way, intelligent design isn't needed for objective meaning but there needs to be some sort of conscious creator entity. And even then it's only objective within the scope of what it created. What created that entity? If it lacks objective meaning how can it impart it to us?

Subjective meaning is what we have. We take limited sensory inputs and reality as we know it is built out of those. It's not the objective truth of what's there but an interpretation. One created within our brains limits to try to best suit our needs. Anyway my point is that we might be as close to god as it gets. I'm okay with a subjective meaning because it no objective meaning means no objective "wrong".

Where others figure into this is a bit more complex. I would bear in mind that most of us possess empathy allowing us to benefit from others wellbeing, and further incentivising mutually beneficial activities while making net negative sum decisions and hurting others a bit less appealing. If you don't life is both simpler and less rewarding.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.