Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Do it because of you

- Tue, 07 Jul 2020 22:40:36 EST GytJeYtR No.210215
File: 1594176036949.jpg -(140735B / 137.44KB, 1080x1350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Do it because of you
>Do it because of yourself
Is this mindless drivel "advice" or am I missing something? Are the people spouting this completely disconnected from reality? Have they ever actually even moved their body? Do they not know how mind numbingly boring and exhaustingly pointless doing anything is if you can't show off? Even those artists who claim that they do it for their own "enjoyment of the art" actually derive that enjoyment from gaining attention and then shunning it.
Don't confuse me with a compulsory facebook or youtube blogger, I keep to myself, but out of all the things I did I enjoyed none in the act, only when somebody finds out that I've skydived or shot a machine gun do I retroactively find those things amusing.
Otherwise all of it is dirty, boring and tiring.
>>
Nell Gummleville - Wed, 08 Jul 2020 00:58:14 EST fGHDtkRk No.210216 Reply
There's no way to know someone's secret, internal experiences. The only logical thing you can do is observe how they communicate and act with-in society. There is no reason to automatically doubt that people who claim to do something purely for their own enjoyment and don't exhibit any behaviors which would suggest they want to be recognized are lying or incorrect about their perception of their own motivations. Sure we're social animals and for most people there is the interest to integrate the things their skills and abilities into their identity but the driving factor likely isn't attention for the vast majority of people.

I think this is more a you thing, you aren't to the point where you can live solely for yourself, your identity hinges on how others perceive you, for a lot of people they struggle with their existence on an individual level and then branch out into the social from there
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Wed, 08 Jul 2020 05:18:15 EST TaBsXsiN No.210217 Reply
>>210216
I thought so too, but living rough in the wilderness for 4 months made me realize how little I actually need or want for myself.
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Wed, 08 Jul 2020 05:56:22 EST vL0gCHNc No.210218 Reply
Then also, would anybody actually bother with school or oil drilling on a platform for 120k half their lives if all you could buy is a louder vroom vroom with nobody to show it to.
>>
Ian Russ - Wed, 08 Jul 2020 08:09:34 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210219 Reply
>>210215
I will lay my cards out and say I am someone who advocates that. I think it's a mix of you not quite getting the context but also that your experience is different from many people.

Plenty of people enjoy the act. It should be noted that some things it is the reward. I exercise because I enjoy not being crippled by athsma, knowing I can run, do pull ups, and so on. That reward is with me. Being better at something gives me a personal pride in knowing I'm doing it well.

However one benefits from others reactions too. Bringing joy to others brings joy to ones self for many of us. That's empathy and so "for ones self" can mean making others happy. Enjoying the consequences of the action even as they affect others is still a pleasure you experience. You may enjoy impressing others but that's not what makes you happy. It's empathy providing joy from others, or pride in doing things in accordance with your own values. Knowing that you acted like a person you would admire is a good feeling.

I think the crux is that "do it for yourself" doesn't mean "in a vacuum devoid of other people" but do not do something that does not give you any of the above joys. It is possible to do acts because you feel you're "supposed" to or to impress a hypothetical person who you may never meet. I feel like impressing people not because you made their lot better or your own better is the most hollow of pleasures. Don't get me wrong it's still a pleasure but for most people chasing this and not authentic joy is self sabotage. Only if you cannot feel the other forms of enjoyment could this be the best option.

I think that you do not seem to enjoy things beyond the status and attention they provide is unusual. Not unique but definitely rare and you are in a small minority. I think there everyone has a different "Profile" of joy, some people feel little apart from what they do to others, I can think of at least one world leader who both loves the attention but clearly enjoys their job even if they're light on giving a fuck about doing right by others or themselves. I think the complete inability to enjoy things which aren't attention however is rare.

TLR You're missing something.
>>
Martha Moblingkedge - Wed, 08 Jul 2020 18:33:27 EST p+7ufF1/ No.210220 Reply
>>210219
I hate that emoticon because it adds this smug stupid grin when I'm not trying to be dismissive of your view point. I do think that your life is probably not typical. And I guess it seems to me if you can't enjoy things in certain ways that it is probably harder for it and also probably different because you will have different motivations.
>>
Eliza Bunworth - Sun, 12 Jul 2020 05:22:33 EST hcOExBer No.210223 Reply
1594545753753.jpg -(121337B / 118.49KB, 540x776) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>210220
you have to understand that there is a deeper inside to this face then meets the eye, like part of the roots from an entirely text interface.
>>
Cornelius Funkinbuck - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 02:40:07 EST DjpVXflu No.210233 Reply
I personally find a lot of enjoyment in myself

What about masturbating OP? Do you only masturbate while broadcasting it? You have to admit it's kind of fun, alone
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Esther Wubblestock - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 23:51:28 EST 2la5/78/ No.210250 Reply
>>210215
>but out of all the things I did I enjoyed none in the act

Yeah look into depression, anhedonia and all that stuff, because you just might have them

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.