420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Some questions from a non-tripper by Isabella Dartfuck - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:26:03 EST ID:hYbPpJya No.882127 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1507818363690.jpg -(147489B / 144.03KB, 480x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 147489
Just want to start by saying that I have always been hugely interested in Psychedelics and would love to try them some day.

People claim to have met god and alien beings whilst on DMT and other psychs. But no matter how intense the experience, is it not just chemical processes in the brain that are creating this kind of illusion?

For all the psychedelics consumed in the 1960s by the "love generation", how much good as a whole did it do humanity? Very little as far as I can tell. Most of those hippies grew up to become selfish boomers and human consciousness as a whole has ultimately seemed to take a step backward. Your thoughts on this?

Ayahuasca. Do you consider this just a fad that should have been left alone in the jungle for indigenous people? Why do people think that purging is anything other than the bodies natural reaction to having consumed a form of poison? Why is it said to have a spiritual component?

Lastly, should someone who is naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable experiment with psychedelics? Do the risks outweigh the potential breakthroughs?

Thank you for your time
>>
Doris Grimridge - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:19:05 EST ID:I1NYhPbh No.882128 Ignore Report Quick Reply
people who love psychedelics say a loooot of wild shit about them. i feel like almost every avid drug user (i e people who hate reality already) has a "spiritual" or "artistic" psy phase.
obviously you will not meet any space beings in a literal, physical sense and you are not opening any kind of spirit portal in your brain, though some people really do believe that because they are fucking melted. psychedelics induce intense feelings of synchronicity, profoundness, novelty, and deep emotion. whatever meaning you decide to attribute to that, i think those feelings are at the essence of human spirituality and psychedelics do at least push a lot of people to seek some kind of harmony or meaning in their lives. definitely the only drug class that when i overdo it i say "holy fuck im done for a while" and put it down and reflect on it. large amounts of psychedelics can also induce legit psychosis, but so can a lot of drugs really.

every generation since the 60s has loved psychedelics too. but its a phase people tend to grow out of. there is nothing that psychedelics can teach you that you couldn't learn without them. except maybe what HPPD feels like.

i have never done ayahuasca, but ive heard that the benefit of drinking that over just smoking straight dmt is that you have time to process and contemplate the dmt experience. some people also just love suffering and find the pain to be something worth overcoming or whatever i guess. fuck that lol

im pretty neurotic and emotionally unstable, and i used to trip almost every weekend. no problems at first, though i definitely had darker trips than most people i know. it definitely exacerbated my symptoms permanently (squiggly side vision stuff and paranoia def worse now, as well as minor audio hallucinations. but i always that those to a degree) but it was fun times. i can't do shrooms anymore because they tend to put me schizoid state as soon as i come up, not like i have no idea where i am or anything like that, just that i get very confused and my emotions go everywhere and i get mega paranoid and irrational. i can still use acid and dmt fine (though i would never try ayahuasca for the same reasons i dont do shrooms). 25-i dont bug me either. just those long acting tryptamines man. my brain does not like them.

hope that helps! basically its just drugs, take it for what it is. acid isn't going to teach you how to love yourself any more than cocaine will teach you how to run a business.
>>
Thomas Trotfuck - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:12:26 EST ID:KVq2Km4h No.882132 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882127
>Lastly, should someone who is naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable experiment with psychedelics? Do the risks outweigh the potential breakthroughs?

I'd suggest staying away from LSD, from my own experience.

shitsux getting stuck in your own thoughts and feeling your brain rot away for six months. That's just me, though.
>>
Angus Blackshit - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:59:59 EST ID:35cpOf5p No.882137 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507856399452.jpg -(1292503B / 1.23MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
  1. yea, some people are just more convinced than others. Any reasonably sane person with some intelligence will know that its all just in their head. But when you're tripping, it CAN seem like its all actually happening. That's why having a sitter is so important on higher doses. Sometimes it's fun to go deeper and go to the mayan kingdoms with hindu gods, and other times its scary as fuck and you're not ready for it.

2. I think there are probably books about this. I don't really know much about it so I can't offer any thoughts. I will say the music from that time is pretty awesome in my opinion. I've been listenning to Pink Floyd's first album, especially Astronomy Domine and Lucifer Sam quite a bit these last 3 months. But the thing is, I listenned to neo-psychedelic rock and pop (Animal Collective mostly) years before I smoked weed the first time. It's just music I like naturally.

3. Never tried it, and similar to 2, there are probably books about this. Aya has very rich spiritual history, which is why people believe in these sorts of things. It comes down less to Aya specifically and more if you believe in alternative medicine and spirituality. If you are in the firm western medicine side, then yeah the conclusion you came to would be the point of view of most western physicians. I'm not really sure if I do or not, but I like to believe that if something works it must work for a reason, just a reason that's easier to see from one perspective than the other. Psychedelics can create powerful and life-changing experiences, I think that is more or less undisputable.

4. Have you been evaluated? are you on psych meds? does your family have history of Schizo, Depression, Bipolar, etc? Do you have someone who you trust fully and completely who can sit you and/or accompany you on your journey?
Both my parents have depression and personally my psych use has never made it worse and probably helped me through certain traumas and help me refocus things in my life. In my opinion, as long as your dose is relatively small, you feel that you are in a safe comfortable place with people who care about you, and you promptly mentally prepare yourself and educate yourself about what you're doing,a bad trip is highly unlikely. But, I also don't know you. Maybe you can't handle this sort of experience. you have to judge for yourself, since you know yourself better than anyone else does.

I'll add that if you can handle decent amounts of weed, that low doses of acid (100 or below) should be relatively fine. Unless you are against weed, start with that and see how you handle it. Treat it with the same respect you would psychs though, strong weed in a bad set or setting can get ugly and unpleasant really fast
>>
Dextrolord - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 21:25:38 EST ID:sHq4OXZ+ No.882139 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507857938253.jpg -(7916B / 7.73KB, 256x193) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>882127
"naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable"

well, common sense is, no said person should not really be messing with psy's but it wouldn't be as bad as say a hardcore schizo going on a meth binge

if this person (totally convinced it's not you and a friend) is set on trying trips just use due caution and chances are things will be fine but have an apt tripsitter for sure in case of psychotic breaks/freakouts etc.
>>
Esther Choddlefield - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 03:43:44 EST ID:mtmcLwm9 No.882149 Ignore Report Quick Reply
While I've consumed my share of psychedelics, I consider myself a non-tripper.

On "Meeting God". Some trips are that wild. My first salvia trip was a slingshot to right between God's eyes. I saw holy cosmic mandalas on Woodrose seeds. But once I left the psychedelic scene it made more sense to just sweep such trips under the rug of "just a trip".

In my opinion, it can all be explained by the Ganzfeld effect but in reverse - when the brain is loaded on chemical stimulation, we try to make sense of it. Mix in the magical thinking that comes with the trip and you have consciousness expansion.

A trip can have meaning, don't get me wrong, but no more meaning than what you choose to get out of it. Carried off by a herd of elephants? That means I sometimes feel overwhelmed. See my own reflection shapeshift? That's just my mind wrapping around the impermanence of how I see myself. Turn into a tree? Feels good to be grounded.

Psychedelics can show you amazing things. But most important is the grain of salt you take them with.
>>
Jarvis Heppersadge - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 08:23:52 EST ID:y/gq+tI6 No.882150 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507897432822.jpg -(523868B / 511.59KB, 1000x716) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>is it not just chemical processes in the brain that are creating this kind of illusion?

What are chemicals and the brain made out of? What are the mind and ideas made out of? What would god be made out of? What exactly is an illusion? Naively the prevailing Cartesian dualism, with it's clean ontological break between the mental and the physical and the observed and the observer, presents easy answers to these questions. But those divisions and dichotomies can break down on psychedelics and are revealed to perhaps not be so absolute after all.

>how much good as a whole did it do humanity?

Things go backwards and forwards but compare the culture today to that in the 50s. Although the hippie movement itself faded back, their ideas and memes have had a lasting impact on the culture.

>Lastly, should someone who is naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable experiment with psychedelics?

You will likely face your demons on psychedelics. So you'd have to be prepared.
But if you're curious then I suggest you try it, but of course in a safe and relaxed environment. It's can be extremely life changing for many people, it has been for me and I'm still learning. It's probably worth it, but be prepared to have your perspective on life potentially permanently altered.
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:52:49 EST ID:ZgfrcNMJ No.882154 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882127
>Why do people think that purging is anything other than the bodies natural reaction to having consumed a form of poison?
Because the cleaner you are the gentler the purge whereas the cleaner you are the more violet reaction u get from toxins like hydrocarbons.
>>
Fanny Pillywell - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 12:18:19 EST ID:rDDtOtYN No.882156 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882150

Op, don't listen to this person.

Notice how this person didn't agree that the things happening during their trips is in their head?

That's because they are fucking bonkers and they need to stop tripping. That shit is in your head.

>What are chemicals in the brain made of?

Nigga, are you seriously saying that the shit that happens in your head is real because your thoughts are chemical reaction? Yes, the thoughts are literally physically chemical reactions happening in your brain. The shit you hallucinated is all chemical reactions in your brain. It's not physically happening in some hyper space, then being condensed into your brain

Got I fucking hate retarded /Psy/monkeys sometimes.
>>
Molly Bribberkack - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:58:48 EST ID:Z3Xr1Kdd No.882157 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507921128105.jpg -(270133B / 263.80KB, 675x510) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
20th century sceptics movement - the thread
>>
Oliver Dickleforth - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:05:11 EST ID:IaSjnMC4 No.882158 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882156
Maybe I'm retarded but I did not see the poster you are complaining about offering some claims to things "happening in hyperspace." Just some things OP can consider.
>>
Ebenezer Blytheham - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:34:09 EST ID:Kq6Q5EpN No.882160 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507926849207.jpg -(142746B / 139.40KB, 647x820) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>But no matter how intense the experience, is it not just chemical processes in the brain that are creating this kind of illusion?

>>882150 put it well; the question has assumptions in it that psychedelics can challenge. But maybe your belief in disbelieving will pass the challenge.

>Most of those hippies grew up to become selfish boomers

That isn't what happened.

Hippies were flashy and inclined to protest, which made them look numerous. The truth was that they were grossly outnumbered and they weren't even close to being a dominant cultural force. Remember, the Cold War was on. The I Got Mine Fuck You boomers of today were the I Got Mine Fuck You boomers of yesterday, who nodded along while the establishment promoted war, banned psychedelics and beat the shit out of hippies (hippie-punching was not just a meme, and even other countercultures got in on it). People actually in the hippie movement didn't stop believing what they believed just because the ball dropped on 1975. A lot of them put their beaded headbands away, but that's just fashion evolving.

>human consciousness as a whole has ultimately seemed to take a step backward

I disagree.

>Ayahuasca. Do you consider this just a fad that should have been left alone in the jungle for indigenous people?

We don't learn about things if we leave them alone.

>Why do people think that purging is anything other than the bodies natural reaction to having consumed a form of poison? Why is it said to have a spiritual component?

The entire ritual is spiritual to the peoples who developed it. Psychonauts outside those cultures put themselves into a believer's mindset to facilitate a good experience.

>should someone who is naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable experiment with psychedelics?

If they think it's a good idea, yes; if they don't, no.
>>
Angus Dringerford - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 17:22:28 EST ID:I24R9tiJ No.882161 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882127
>People claim to have met god and alien beings whilst on DMT and other psychs. But no matter how intense the experience, is it not just chemical processes in the brain that are creating this kind of illusion?

Yes it is. Your brain's interpretation of reality is also an illusion in of itself. What you experience as the outside world is only an incredibly tiny fraction of what your senses perceive, it's a very subjective assembly by your brain or bits and pieces of information that it deems relevant. (And on top of that, what your senses DO perceive to begin with is in itself an unimaginably tiny amount of what is going on in "reality").

What most classic psychedelics do is inhibit this process, allowing you to experience more "raw" data from your senses, as well as internal brain processes that are generated by parts of your brain connecting with your sensory areas and relaying information there.

So, your sober image of reality is already a chemical process that creates an illusion, psychedelics are just a different chemical process that creates another illusion. When you put both of them in perspective with eachother, realising they're both illusions, you gain insight into the nature of your reality.

>For all the psychedelics consumed in the 1960s by the "love generation", how much good as a whole did it do humanity? Very little as far as I can tell. Most of those hippies grew up to become selfish boomers and human consciousness as a whole has ultimately seemed to take a step backward. Your thoughts on this?

Think of how psychedelics are used in various indigenous cultures and how people are laying down thousands to experience those ceremonies, and these methods are now being investigated by modern therapists to help fight heroin depression, social anxiety, fear of dying in terminal patients, and so on and so forth. It's all about the context in which it's used that determines the outcome of these substances.

>Ayahuasca. Do you consider this just a fad that should have been left alone in the jungle for indigenous people? Why do people think that purging is anything other than the bodies natural reaction to having consumed a form of poison? Why is it said to have a spiritual component?

They should have been left alone, already many of these rituals and tribes are being poisoned by tourism, businesses, etc.

Why would a natural reaction by your body not have a spiritual component? You can have similar experiences from all kinds of extreme situations.

>Lastly, should someone who is naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable experiment with psychedelics? Do the risks outweigh the potential breakthroughs?

Ideally, this could and would be assessed by a professional, and should be, but unfortunately that is not possible (yet). In the end, anyone suffering from any serious mental illness like PTSD, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia should never take psychedelics, or at the very least without professional supervision.

Any other minor mental conditions like emotionality, anxiety, depression, can all be "treated" in some fashion with the right mindset and attitude. Psychedelics are relatively extremely safe substances and the risks lie in the ignorance with which they are taken and the experiences they generate are interpreted. If your life is great and you experience no serious issues from neuroticism and emotional instability, there is no reason to take them really unless you're just naturally extremely curious. If your life does suffer from your mental outlook and your mind's peculiarities, I suggest reading this book before you try and tackle them with psychedelics: http://www.psychedelicexplorersguide.com/
>>
Fanny Turveyfuck - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:18:58 EST ID:wt/LB/Kl No.882164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882161

>What you experience as the outside world is only an incredibly tiny fraction of what your senses perceive

That's not remotely true. Your brain filters out lots of information and chooses to specifically promote certain things over others, but to say you're only perceiving a, "tiny fraction," is outright bait and just wrong.

>what your senses DO perceive to begin with is in itself an unimaginably tiny amount of what is going on in "reality"

This is another misinterpretation of what is actually happening. Our perceptive limitations on the visible and aural spectrums are, yes, small relative to the totality of the spectrums, but that doesn't matter. How much of those higher and lower levels of the spectrums affect us in our daily lives? (Little to none). If the information we're currently missing out on were so important then we would have evolved to percieve it.

Our perception of reality is not an ILLUSION, it is a SIMULATION. Our sober perception is a chemically induced recreation of the literal, physical reality existing outside of our mind. The things that we hallucinate while tripping are illusions, literal perturbations of sensory perception.

Look dude, please stop spreading this misinformed bullshit. Take some psychology courses at your local college, psych 101, 104, 112 and 114 touch heavily on the physiological aspects of our experience of reality, and the knowledge gained is truly enlightening.

>Why would a natural reaction by your body not have a spiritual component? You can have similar experiences from all kinds of extreme situations.

Spiritual sensations are bodily sensations. Shamans believed purging was bad spirits leaving the body because that was passed down as traditional knowledge in their cultures. Dmt is very interesting, but it's still not evidence of spirits. If anything it's just more evidence of the complexity of the brain. The brain is already able to recreate a filtered slate of its perception of the universe, and our dreams are a great indicator of the ability of the brain to present realistic and believable hallucinations. Again, psychology helps a lot in understanding this kind of stuff beyond, "muh spirits."

>>882127

As far as being mentally unstable, psychedelics helped me with that. I've overcome a lot of social and mental obstacles over the years of my /Psy/ use. Just don't abuse psychedelics, and take breaks when you have powerful trips.
>>
Ebenezer Brookman - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:00:17 EST ID:I24R9tiJ No.882167 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507939217522.jpg -(41417B / 40.45KB, 500x282) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>882164
Since I'm not in the mood to write another wall of text, refer to: >>881532 and >>881533. tl;dr I literally just graduated my Master's in evolutionary neuroscience with a thesis about geometric visual hallucinations.

In addition.

>If the information we're currently missing out on were so important then we would have evolved to percieve it.

A lot of the "issues" or sensations that evolve during a trip are due to our cultural interpretations of reality conflicting with many of our species-typical behaviours, emotions and types of information processing. Many cultures induce a rigid world view that its proponents propose encompasses a very fixed and determinate view of what is "reality".

My comment was meant to illustrate how little of "reality" we perceive as beings and what we perceive is only a tiny and warped fraction of what the word "reality" would seem to define. This perspective makes it easier to resolve those kinds of conflicts.

>Spiritual sensations are bodily sensations.

What a "spiritual sensation" is, is EXTREMELY subjective and as of yet entirely undefined.

>Look dude, please stop spreading this misinformed bullshit.

Pic related, especially considering I'm starting my PhD in a few weeks.
>>
Priscilla Pattingworth - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 22:50:20 EST ID:wt/LB/Kl No.882172 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882167

>Masters in bla bla

Let this person be an example that college education=/=educated. All of that schooling and yet you still called our perception of reality an illusion, and you still made it sound as if there's a formidable menagerie of impactful, potentially mystical, events occurring just beyond our ordinary perception.

I'm just saying that the post of yours which I originally responded to sounded like it came off a Joe rogan podcast.
>>
Nell Gaddlebanks - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 23:14:58 EST ID:Kq6Q5EpN No.882173 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882164
>If the information we're currently missing out on were so important then we would have evolved to percieve it

If flying was so important, we would have evolved wings.
>>
Graham Fanshaw - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 23:38:51 EST ID:a75CI/tf No.882175 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882173
This.
How can we know how vast the fabled 'external real world' is if we only ever experience our 'internal limited images' of it?
>>
Cyril Bomblestin - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 23:56:38 EST ID:f608I067 No.882178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882156
>The shit you hallucinated is all chemical reactions in your brain.
Maybe, and maybe that's not the whole picture. Why are you claiming to know this without evidence? Why the "you're a fucken idiot if you don't believe what I believe" angle? It makes you seem like a petulant child throwing a tantrum
>>
Ebenezer Brookman - Sat, 14 Oct 2017 06:40:21 EST ID:I24R9tiJ No.882180 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882172
>you still made it sound as if there's a formidable menagerie of impactful, potentially mystical, events occurring just beyond our ordinary perception

"mystical", lol. Those are entirely your words, not mine. I never said anything about mystical.

>formidable menagerie of impactful events

Yes, exactly, there are. Think about how your brain processes sensory information and how your mental landscape is shaped. Where does that mode of sensory processing come from, how has the functional architecture of your brain come to be in your evolutionary history and how do the various brain parts, processing circuits, individual neurons and individual molecules interact to give rise to not only a plethora of mental phenomena, not the least of which is consciousness (or the illusion of consciousness).

Psychedelics expose you to many of those processes and let you experience a plethora of information that indeed constitutes a formidable menagerie of impactful events that dictate our perception of what is "reality". In a lot of cases, mental issues in modern humans stem massive differences between our cultures and our species-typical behaviours, psychedelics in a lot of cases, help resolve them by providing the user with information about disparities between the two occurring within their brain.

>All of that schooling and yet you still called our perception of reality an illusion

Also please read the posts and articles I linked, because clearly you didn't. I'll make it easier for you by adding something from an excellent book on the subject.

>“If that hypothesis is true, or at least comes close to being true, it follows that perception is a closed, intrinsic functional state, irrespective of whether we are dreaming, whether we are hallucinating or whether we are perceiving the world in an unclouded state of wakeful consciousness. It follows, in short, that all we ever perceive is the intrinsic products of our brain.” (Collerton et al. 2015, 25).

>I'm just saying that the post of yours which I originally responded to sounded like it came off a Joe rogan podcast.

I'm sorry but that is entirely your interpretation.
>>
Frederick Pegglecocke - Sat, 14 Oct 2017 07:10:50 EST ID:7OBsp/5q No.882181 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882164
> If the information we're currently missing out on were so important then we would have evolved to percieve it.

I definitely think this statement in itself is absolutely retarded. In what ways do the mechanisms for nature measure "importance" of something? I get that you weren't suggesting nature does that itself but the idea that if something is important (in other words, paramount at least in some degree or helpful) to our survival we would've already developed a system for perceiving it is just stupid.

A university is only responsible for providing you with information regarding specific subject matter and determining that you've remembered it well enough to designate you with a certification stating as much. How you digest that information and utilize it is what counts, and with ideas like "If the information we're currently missing out on were so important then we would have evolved to percieve it" it's questionable how commendable you've thus far been in that task.

Now, what you were saying seemed to be edging toward a better point, which is that not all the physical stimuli existing in the environment outside of us is capable of bearing and kind of meaningful information. Therefore, the fact that the brain can only detect what's been in a range useful for its survival doesn't necessarily mean we're missing out on quite as much as one might expect if they fail to take into account the aformentioned fact. That still doesn't mean something like being able to see in the UV light spectrum or being able to hear higher and lower frequencies than we currently already do wouldn't be helpful for our survival by aiding in the prevention of our deaths.

Considering death is the largest risk in the propagation of an organism's genes, anything that might prevent the onset of that death would be considered "important", right? I know the likelihood of making contact with a particular risk or the net level of nutrients that we acquire as a result of some sense would raise or lower its importance, but there are certainly senses out there that we are aware of that would be helpful in our survival in such a way that evolution working in the way you suggested would wind up providing us with additional senses.
>>
Oliver Gissleham - Sat, 14 Oct 2017 07:47:09 EST ID:ICOuoax0 No.882186 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882178
there is plenty of evidence that the alterations in brain cause the hallucinations
>>
Emma Merrynutch - Sat, 14 Oct 2017 11:05:12 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.882189 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882178

jolly african-american because there are very obvious factually evident logical things happening in the universe.

/psy/ is just full of a bunch of retarded fucking manchildren baby people talking about fucking spirits and shit.
>>
Emma Merrynutch - Sat, 14 Oct 2017 11:06:40 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.882190 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Jesus fuck why the fuck does every dumb shit on /psy/ want to think there's always some special magical bullshit going on?

Why is your every day life not enough?
>>
Eugene Shakestone - Sat, 14 Oct 2017 17:36:57 EST ID:aq/PS23x No.882200 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882186
evidence that psys trigger these hallucinations/experiences but no convincing evidence of the source or meaning of the experiences, despite the protests of the extremely angry.
>>
Hamilton Fissledock - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 12:33:39 EST ID:RXpgU6nQ No.882215 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882200

What do you mean, meaning? They're hallucinations. Like dreaming. Your brain. Goes haywire and sends a bunch of wonky ass signals causing you yo hallucinate.

The reason people see faces a lot when they take shrooms is because it effects the optical love, which is heavily specified particularly for recognizing human faces in particular, so it causes your brain to take objects which are similar to faces, and makes them look even more like a face.

What kind of hidden meanings are you looking for?
>>
Hamilton Fissledock - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 12:35:09 EST ID:RXpgU6nQ No.882216 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882215

Optical lobe*
>>
Samuel Fiddlesere - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 17:14:18 EST ID:hl5MhjAa No.882224 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882190
it's fun to flirt with mystical ideas especially when on psys. i guess it can be easy to let yourself get carried away
>>
Phineas Worthingstock - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 19:09:15 EST ID:t6kvOltp No.882228 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Purging is due to tannins and various plant fats and alkaloids which are not active but do cause nausea and vomiting, they are not poisonous, but do cause vomiting and upset stomach. The alkaloids n,n,-DMT and harmol/harmoline, which are responsible for the effects of ayahuasca, do not cause nausea to this degree (though they have been known to be somewhat nauseating to certain individuals, everyone reacts differently). The nausea is said to be a part of the experience by many for a variety of reasons but it's all just a part of the subjective experience. If you choose to believe you're vomiting up bad energy, then that's your own personal belief and I doubt I could change that, but there's no valid reason to truly believe that when it can be explained simply as tannins and other non-psychoactive alkaloids causing nausea. It's no different from drinking a lot of coffee on an empty stomach and the quinnic acid causing nausea, you're just ingesting a lot of nauseating compounds on an empty stomach. There's nothing spiritual to it unless you, for whatever reason, decide to attach some kind of spiritual connotation to it.

As for psychedelics having a positive effect on society from the 1960's onward, I would say they definitely have. We have seen a massive upheaval in environmental awareness and connectivity between individuals both due to technological and personal growth on a very large scale since the 1960's and a lot of great minds from the past few decades attribute some or a lot of their success to the use of psychedelics. That said though there have been no major studies on this either way and it's hard to quantify whether we are better off having done psychedelics en masse or not, but from what I know of them and what I have read on them and have personally experienced and seen first-hand it seems they have had a very positive impact on society and people as a whole. That's a very hard question to answer 100% correctly.

Should someone who is "naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable" experiment with psychedelics? That is entirely up to said person. They should do their own research and decide for themselves whether they would benefit from psychedelic use and should come to an informed decision as to whether or not to take them only after doing large amounts of research on these substances and how they affect different people. There is a wealth of information out there on psychedelics, more than enough to come to a conclusion as to whether one should use psychedelics or not regardless of any preconceived notions of being emotionally unstable or neurotic.

This post will probably double post as most of mine have double posted for whatever, reason, so I apologize in advance. Fix your shit, 420chan!
>>
Fuck Wammerdore - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 19:09:28 EST ID:6nA1+3YH No.882229 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Purging is due to tannins and various plant fats and alkaloids which are not active but do cause nausea and vomiting, they are not poisonous, but do cause vomiting and upset stomach. The alkaloids n,n,-DMT and harmol/harmoline, which are responsible for the effects of ayahuasca, do not cause nausea to this degree (though they have been known to be somewhat nauseating to certain individuals, everyone reacts differently). The nausea is said to be a part of the experience by many for a variety of reasons but it's all just a part of the subjective experience. If you choose to believe you're vomiting up bad energy, then that's your own personal belief and I doubt I could change that, but there's no valid reason to truly believe that when it can be explained simply as tannins and other non-psychoactive alkaloids causing nausea. It's no different from drinking a lot of coffee on an empty stomach and the quinnic acid causing nausea, you're just ingesting a lot of nauseating compounds on an empty stomach. There's nothing spiritual to it unless you, for whatever reason, decide to attach some kind of spiritual connotation to it.

As for psychedelics having a positive effect on society from the 1960's onward, I would say they definitely have. We have seen a massive upheaval in environmental awareness and connectivity between individuals both due to technological and personal growth on a very large scale since the 1960's and a lot of great minds from the past few decades attribute some or a lot of their success to the use of psychedelics. That said though there have been no major studies on this either way and it's hard to quantify whether we are better off having done psychedelics en masse or not, but from what I know of them and what I have read on them and have personally experienced and seen first-hand it seems they have had a very positive impact on society and people as a whole. That's a very hard question to answer 100% correctly.

Should someone who is "naturally neurotic and emotionally unstable" experiment with psychedelics? That is entirely up to said person. They should do their own research and decide for themselves whether they would benefit from psychedelic use and should come to an informed decision as to whether or not to take them only after doing large amounts of research on these substances and how they affect different people. There is a wealth of information out there on psychedelics, more than enough to come to a conclusion as to whether one should use psychedelics or not regardless of any preconceived notions of being emotionally unstable or neurotic.

This post will probably double post as most of mine have double posted for whatever, reason, so I apologize in advance. Fix your shit, 420chan!
>>
Cedric Bribblestidge - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 20:00:34 EST ID:ejmOr5Gw No.882230 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>882229
Finally a rather refreshing non-dogmatic opinion. Cheers!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.