Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Bad trip? Ignore Report Reply
Sidney Dinnerfoot - Thu, 27 Sep 2018 19:45:09 EST ID:sWTaJInY No.892460
File: 1538091909996.jpg -(205913B / 201.09KB, 723x1062) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 205913
What is a bad trip?

I sometimes have trips where at the time, I'm very distressed, but when I look back at it, I sometimes get positive things out of it.

What's a bad trip?
>>
Matilda Buddlenod - Thu, 27 Sep 2018 20:47:05 EST ID:kLV3S8Jp No.892461 Ignore Report Reply
i believe it has something to do with the sympathetic "fight or flight" nervous response to perceived stress. i think i can deal with dark/sad thoughts pretty well when im tripping, but any time i've had a "bad" trip i am not only plagued with negative thoughts/hallucinations, but i am also panicking and undergoing a severe adrenaline dump at the same time. i think a "dark" trip wouldn't be "bad" if your body were in a relaxed state, but once that adrenaline kicks in you can really become terrified to the point of irrational panic
>>
Fanny Sunderbanks - Thu, 27 Sep 2018 23:34:45 EST ID:CBURjEgS No.892465 Ignore Report Reply
probably where u end up seriously injured/hurt/in serious trouble without having anything to learn from the experience, that would be a bad trip
>>
Beatrice Sabberford - Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:22:29 EST ID:OFxsFnNS No.893601 Ignore Report Reply
going completely off your rockers batshit crazy

anything else is just for the lels really
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Fri, 30 Nov 2018 02:05:17 EST ID:LQHsxbk4 No.893606 Ignore Report Reply
>>892460
Objective bad trips could involve a host of things such as: dysphoria, panic attacks, intense paranoia, unpleasant delusions, extreme agitation/irritability, violent/explosive outbursts, and unwanted thought loops/feeling "stuck."
I've had some pretty strange fucking trips, but even with panic symptoms I was able to find a means of changing my mindset (e.g. benzos, change setting, etc.). Complete disastrous and train fuckin' wreck trips are no joke though. God damn, I have seen terrible self-mutilation and violent tendencies from a few individuals nearly every damn time that they tripped. I don't know why someone would continue feeding acid to a kid who obviously is a danger to himself and others when coming down.

>What is a bad trip?
An unwanted psychedelic experience that leaves the user or individuals in proximity to the user in an intensely negative place physically and/or psychologically. Example: trips that end up with a person in the hospital.
>>
Isabella Blumbleville - Fri, 30 Nov 2018 08:59:01 EST ID:lTZNcOFb No.893608 Ignore Report Reply
>>892460
There's this whole camp right now making claims along the lines of "you can learn from every trip, therefore there's no such thing as a bad trip", which I just think is complete bullshit. I had a trip where I learned that I should have prepared my set and setting better but it was still a bad trip for almost the entire duration. Just because you can learn from something highly unpleasant doesn't mean that highly unpleasant thing was magically good in retrospect. You just learn to avoid it, which should be further confirmation that it was bad.

Anyway, there's a whole spectrum of bad trips, some of which are pretty mild and some of which are extremely severe. I've had the occasional trip where I was in pretty terrible company or a very restrictive setting with bad vibes and it would make me just wish I wasn't there for hours and hours. I'd call this a bad trip because I got nothing out of it and just spent the majority of it wishing I was somewhere else, preferably not even tripping. Then there's the severe variety of bad trip that usually happens at larger doses combined with bad set/setting. IMO the really bad bad trips usually happen from the loss of control that is felt on high doses. If you jump into a heavy dose experience and aren't ready to "let go", you might find yourself struggling to grasp onto reality as it slips even further away while the effects of the trip become even more intense. This can easily be confused with death or alternatively the loss of your sanity, which isn't a fun time if you're not ready to literally leave your entire life behind you, because that's what it feels like. The feedback loops that psychedelics cause can make this even worse, because even a very mild negative vibe can spiral out of control because your anxiety can keep feeding into itself. This is why people recommend a change of music or room when you feel the bad vibes coming on. Sometimes it's easy to avoid with simple changes to your environment.
>>
Bon Gripper - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 00:08:23 EST ID:VZ8BYYXX No.893621 Ignore Report Reply
1543640903682.jpg -(97162B / 94.88KB, 600x378) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
ate some mushrooms and went for a night walk to my nearby lake. view was spectacular, but i started feeling nauseous and drunk. colors were fucked, perception was fucked, things far were near, and near things were far. i got home and started feeling horribly sick and sad. i lied on my bed and really wanted to die. i wished for my life to end and was thinking about going out onto the street and just lying there. i chose to lay in bed and after about an hour or so of lying and idealizing death, i came to my senses and realized i was super fucked up and this was gonna go away. haven't done shrooms since.
>>
Oliver Lightway - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 02:35:33 EST ID:UPqmS6go No.893623 Ignore Report Reply
I was tripping and all of a sudden my heart rate started going up a lot. Thoughts of being poisoned and dying came into my mind. Thankfully I had benzos at hand to stop the trip.
>>
Hedda Billingville - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 07:06:55 EST ID:JAp+VNN5 No.893625 Ignore Report Reply
1543666015849.jpg -(29188B / 28.50KB, 536x438) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I have this annoying habit of getting existential while tripping. If I try to keep myself entertained with music, meditation or whatever there's always a point where I ask myself what I'm doing and from there it descends into a whole cascade of questions about the purpose and meaning of life and the things we do on a daily basis. "Is it worth it" is one of those questions that pops up a lot.

From there it either ends in a satisfying conclusion for that moment and peace of mind, or a conundrum that sticks around and bothers me for a while. Luckily, there's always cannabis to soften the blow when shit goes completely south.
>>
Cornelius Crunkinridge - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 07:49:51 EST ID:Q1g8Er0w No.893626 Ignore Report Reply
>>893625
Cannibis puts me into this type of existential state so I doubt it would help me in a situation like that. I once combined shrooms with cannabis and my whole world started spinning.
>>
Hedda Billingville - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 09:45:50 EST ID:JAp+VNN5 No.893628 Ignore Report Reply
>>893626
It helps that I’ve been smoking cannabis way before ever touching shrooms, it’s my go-to for relaxing.
>>
Albert Gongerwot - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 00:26:25 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893670 Ignore Report Reply
>>893608
> "you can learn from every trip, therefore there's no such thing as a bad trip"
>which I just think is complete bullshit
Well, that's a complete non sequitur, so it's objectively a bullshit statement. The personal learning potential any unique trip possesses says nothing about and has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it can be classified as what's classically referred to as a "bad trip".

The idea that being capable of learning from a trip disqualifies said trip from being considered a bad trip simply does not follow.
>>
Beatrice Sarrysore - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 03:54:34 EST ID:I/YUW4ye No.893677 Ignore Report Reply
>>893625
>is it worth it?
>cries for the entire duration of the trip
>best trip ever
>>
Sophie Duckford - Tue, 04 Dec 2018 17:48:47 EST ID:7ybtrJEe No.893720 Ignore Report Reply
>>893677
yea man life is so beautiful and it's shrouded by the mundane :^)

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.