Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Pineal Gland Ignore Report Reply
Hedda Fammlehood - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 15:27:32 EST ID:B5mA0q4u No.893647
File: 1543782452330.png -(1168378B / 1.11MB, 1080x1920) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1168378
Is there any truth to this? Any Sources? Opinions?
>>
Jenny Gommergold - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 15:37:40 EST ID:AlCNWTqS No.893648 Ignore Report Reply
How about you do your own research m8
>>
Eliza Buzzworth - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 15:42:17 EST ID:orOv8TrE No.893649 Ignore Report Reply
I guess you want our opinions, but you could use google. I don't care about it, but whenever somebody starts talking about the pineal gland I usually just want to leave.
>>
Angus Dubbledock - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 17:17:43 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893650 Ignore Report Reply
>>893647
Is there any truth to what? The pineal gland being your third eye and being responsible for producing spiritual and mystical experiences? Or if fluoride causes it to calcify? Or both?

If the first thing, highly improbable and I doubt it completely. The only evidence we have for any kind of function it has is to sense the type of blue light emitted by the sun, and when sensed in great enough amounts, to suppress its production of melatonin. In other words, if it can be compared to an eye at all in functionality, it is an extremely rudimentary one that is only capable of basic light detection, whose purpose for doing so is to suppress a chemical that makes us sleepy when it is daylight out. Why would an organ that physically and functionally resembles an eye cause us to feel euphoria or a sense of god-like all knowing? How retardedly implausible and stupid is that?

As for the second thing, yes, ingesting excessive amounts of fluoride will cause accelerated calcification of the pineal gland. I say accelerated because it is not the only substance that causes its calcification that we might consume in our diets, nor is it the only substance that causes the calcification of brain structures or parts of other organs. Calcification of such structures is entirely commonplace in adulthood.
>>
Hedda Bardhood - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 19:04:15 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.893655 Ignore Report Reply
1543795455936.png -(60567B / 59.15KB, 832x749) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
IT IS A FUCKING ANCIENT PART OF YOUR BRAIN THAT WAS USED BY YOUR FISH AND AMPHIBIOUS ANCESTORS AS A THIRD EYE (MORE LIKE A LIGHT-DARK DETECTOR TO AVOID PREDATION FROM ABOVE)

THE LAST FUCKING HIGHER LIFEFORM THAT MADE HEAVY USE OF THE PINEAL GLAND IN THE FORM OF THE PARIETAL EYE (THIRD EYE) IS THE TUATARA WHICH EVOLVED ALONGSIDE THE FIRST MOTHERFUCKING DINOSAURS OVER 100 MILLION YEARS AGO

THAT'S HOW LONG AGO SOMEONE ACTUALLY HAD MAJOR USE OUT OF THE PINEAL GLAND

THE ONLY THING IT DOES IN ALL HIGHER LIFEFORMS EXCLUDING THE TUATARA IS REGULATE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING SLEEP

THAT'S ALL THE PINEAL GLAND DOES YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER

REGULATE YOUR FUCKING SLEEP

WHICH IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO YOU FUCKING /tinfoil/ FREAK

SLEEP, AND NEVER WAKE THE FUCK UP
>>
Augustus Bipperman - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:49:48 EST ID:6KPVnLjL No.893657 Ignore Report Reply
how do avoid pineal calcium?
helpplz not kmuch time left for my pineals
>>
Reuben Hollyridge - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 21:05:49 EST ID:ncWy+tY+ No.893658 Ignore Report Reply
>>893647

This is a conspiracy for people to buy bottled water and or not drink water at all.

Its totally reasonable to question why there is fluoride in the water and nothing they ever say why they do it is reasonable, but to get non fluoridated water is near impossible for anybody who is concerned with not having their pineal gland calcified due to the staggering cost and or processes associated with it.

If all you drink is water and you drink lets say 3 litres of water a day and non fluoridated water costs $1 a litre thats 3 litres a day x7 days in a week is $21 and thats just for you and thats if you just drink 3 litres a day.
>>
Beatrice Sarrysore - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 21:25:14 EST ID:I/YUW4ye No.893659 Ignore Report Reply
>>893658
you can always get a filter tap that reduces the amount of flouride in the water, i hear some filter taps are more effective than others, regardless of its intended purpose- I don't think its safe to consume random chemicals that dont exactly belong in the body, tend to linger in the body, and of which the kidneys struggle to excrete (you still do piss it out in small amounts).

It's not just "flouride" btw, so dont think you can just boil it off your water

>The three main fluoride compounds generally used to fluoridate water are: sodium fluoride, hydrofluorosilicic acid (hexafluorosilicic acid) and sodium silicofluoride.

I used to buy into the scare but i stopped caring, and i havent felt much diffferent, however itd be nice to get another filter tap as mine broke, it definitely has a difference in taste.
>>
Albert Gongerwot - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 23:38:37 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893665 Ignore Report Reply
>>893659
>I used to buy into the scare
...why? the evidence supporting it being the "seat" of consciousness all points to other brain structures, and the evidence for it being capable of producing spiritual or mystical experiences is practically nil.
>>
Clara Bluzzlewotch - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 23:41:01 EST ID:orOv8TrE No.893666 Ignore Report Reply
>>893658

Water on earth naturally has fluoride in it to begin with, but cities typically add it after it's been filtered from what I understand. The healthiest thing to do would be to buy one of the filters that also balances the ph. I just drink water from the tap wherever I am. I don't care. Bottled water is a scam. If you're really worried about the city water then get a filter. I can understand why well water is sketchy, what with fracking and all, environmental pollution, pesticide run off. I still drink it unfiltered though.
>>
Albert Gongerwot - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 00:10:54 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893668 Ignore Report Reply
>>893666
Nice informative post, but let's be real here. The conspiracy posits that the government adds fluoride to the drinking water because it calcifies our pineal glands, which in turn makes us less creative, less emotionally expressive, more robotic, more complacent, and overall more docile.

In other words, it is supposedly this that makes modern human beings so lazy, incompetent, generally unaware, blissfully ignorant, stupid, and so easy to manipulate and control as if they were all animals in a herd (which we all essentially are, given we're animals and the dynamics of our social structures and the ways we distribute and control the flow of information amongst ourselves and society as a whole).

It's nothing more than some random shot in the dark at identifying what causes the herd-like mentality and behaviors we exhibit, which has been deemed as a wholly negative phenomenon by this specific new age school of thought. Seems pretty obviously a result of cognitive biases by anyone educated and keen on critical thinking. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the conspiracy and the movement for the removal of fluoride additives from drinking water aren't all just part of an actual conspiracy to make money off of suckers that buy into this shit... either to pay for seminars/information about it (or for information tied more directly to nonsense theories about the pineal gland peddled by new age mystics (conmen)), or for the filters that remove it or water with it already removed. The people going out spreading this shit are probably either peddling their own merchandise or have made deals with other manufacturers/companies to recommend their products.

I'd say it's disgusting but honestly it's too funny and entertaining for me to feel that way. This is the world we live in, and these suckers are your neighbors, community at large, political/religious/spiritual leaders, and even our own family. How the fuck do we even function lol
>>
Beatrice Sarrysore - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 01:12:48 EST ID:I/YUW4ye No.893672 Ignore Report Reply
1543817568338.jpg -(118674B / 115.89KB, 517x525) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893665
the center of my mind has been a primary theme of my psychedelic journey's as has many others, at the risk of sounding stupid; perhaps it's not the seat of consciousness, but a primary nodal point at which connects "these other brain structures", which would make it appear as if it were the seat of consciousness, I dont think it"s wise to discount any greater purpose of the pineal gland just because it does not function the same way as in predated species', it being so ancient and all could be the very foundation that holds us together. But that's just something i pulled out my ass, still, i know ill continue to have these experiences when i ingest psychedelics, (even though im quitting drugs mostly after a nice 6 year journey), and so will many others, the point im trying to make here is people believe it holds value due to their psychedelic or deep meditative experiences (or those 40 year old moms who think theyre psychics after buying a bunch of crystal from some scam site).

who honestly cares about belief anyway? I used to think being logical was the answer to life until i took a 10strip of acid, I ended up showing myself that the only reason I was obsessed with knowledge was to boost my own ego, that i had already learnt enough to live a happy fulfilling life, but continued to obsess, and argue with others about different topics, philosophical or whatever, in the end it doesnt matter to me, I just want a happy and fulfilling life and I think I know enough and am strong enough to keep those i love safe, at least, so that we can be happy together during our short lives here on Earth. If you genuinely enjoy learning/logistics etc, pursue that path, im more of a "sing songs round the campfire" kinda guy.

Learn what you need, then move on, simple life is best life, and some things just are not worth thinking about, because there is no clear answer to many of these life questions.

Be happy. It's all in the mind.
>>
Albert Gongerwot - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 01:34:57 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893674 Ignore Report Reply
1543818897394.png -(284571B / 277.90KB, 563x439) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893672
>the center of my mind has been a primary theme of my psychedelic journey's as has many others
That's cool and all, but the pineal gland is neither at the actual center of the mind, nor is the "center of the mind" the same as the pineal gland.

> at the risk of sounding stupid
You don't sound stupid; not for admitting the primary theme of your trips being the center of the mind, and not for actually thinking of a way it could all be connected. what's stupid really is the type of psuedo-profound bullshit mystics like Deepak Chopra push like it's truth, and the mindless regurgitation of that bullshit by people who've bought into it without a single critical thought towards the truthfulness of it.

I've edited an anatomy of the brain picture to only include the Thalamus and the Pineal Gland, specifically because the Thalamus actually IS what the evidence points to being the closest thing to the "seat/throne" (or hub, more appropriately in this case) of consciousness. As you can see, the PG is center but down a bit, whereas the Thalamus is literally the center (and takes up a large area of the center). If there's actually anything to the primary theme of your and others' trips being the center of the mind (which there very well could be, I'm not trying to dispute that or corroborate it either), then it's likely the Thalamus that the theme and your awareness are actually being centered on, rather than the PG.

The Thalamus acts as both a central hub and the gate control of the circuits of several neuronal networks transmitting the signals of sensory stimuli from essentially all areas of the brain. It controls what gets through and what's gated from being integrated into the final perceptual sensory experience.
>>
Albert Gongerwot - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 01:36:53 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893675 Ignore Report Reply
>>893674
> what's stupid really is the type of psuedo-profound bullshit mystics like Deepak Chopra push like it's truth, and the mindless regurgitation of that bullshit by people who've bought into it without a single critical thought towards the truthfulness of it.
btw, wasnt saying you were guilty of this, because you arent
>>
Beatrice Sarrysore - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 03:13:18 EST ID:I/YUW4ye No.893676 Ignore Report Reply
>>893674
Yeah im just throwing ideas out there haha. You clearly know more than me about the brain, this is incredibly interesting to hear. Perhaps you are right. It wouldnt surprise me that the whole "pineal gland" thing came from someones experience who wansn't educated on the subject, and it just spread like wildfire, as most fads and memes do.
>>
Shit Gullersure - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 09:54:01 EST ID:TjS0pPqu No.893680 Ignore Report Reply
pineal gland and 3rd eye aren't the same. the 3rd eye is located between the eyebrows and allows for higher mental function. the pineal glad is in the hindbrain, and mostly does hormone stuff.
>>
Hedda Bardhood - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 09:56:56 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.893681 Ignore Report Reply
>>893668
>Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the conspiracy and the movement for the removal of fluoride additives from drinking water aren't all just part of an actual conspiracy to make money off of suckers that buy into this shit... either to pay for seminars/information about it (or for information tied more directly to nonsense theories about the pineal gland peddled by new age mystics (conmen)), or for the filters that remove it or water with it already removed. The people going out spreading this shit are probably either peddling their own merchandise or have made deals with other manufacturers/companies to recommend their products.

This. I've visited a lot of new-age/UFO enthousiast/anti-NWO meetings for (skeptic) shit and giggles and it ALWAYS ends with "buy my book" "buy my crystals" "visit my detox clinic" "visit my meditation center" "pay to speak to my alien contact from another galaxy".
>>
Betsy Bennergold - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 20:07:32 EST ID:/KQI97Tp No.893689 Ignore Report Reply
>>893680
Also, the pineal gland's existence and function is verifiable by hard science :)
>>
Martha Nickleville - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 20:12:22 EST ID:ZHmzM7am No.893690 Ignore Report Reply
1543885942002.png -(121029B / 118.19KB, 274x274) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893647
you are rarted fren, lay off the psychs
motherfuckin' descartes came up with that shiz and nobody's heard of it since, cuz it's some dumb shit darnit

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.