Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
The pineal gland Ignore Report Reply
Albert Gongerwot - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 23:50:38 EST ID:afHNI+bS No.893667
File: 1543812638394.jpg -(44120B / 43.09KB, 853x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 44120
Do any of you silly shaman gypsy ass hippie mother fuckers actually believe it to be the "Third Eye" in the sense that it is your window into the astral realm or some kind of state of "cosmic consciousness"? Or alternatively, that it is the brain structure that could be considered the "seat/throne" of consciousness?

If so, mind giving some sources (preferably scienfitic) that present evidence favoring these beliefs? Otherwise why do you buy into this mystic horseshit? Later on some discussion and probably sources on why either certain areas of the forebrain or, more likely, the thalamus are likely to be what you'd actually consider the seat of consciousness (although "hub" in the latter case is a better description) incoming if people are actually interested.
>>
Martha Nickleville - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 20:15:39 EST ID:ZHmzM7am No.893691 Ignore Report Reply
1543886139002.jpg -(1704977B / 1.63MB, 862x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893667
t'was a thing a couple hundred years ago, renaissance I reckon
it's bullshit. modern science shows there is no distinct 'consciousness' - it's really just a mish-mash of your senses and memories. no soul no nothing stop deluding yourselves, the only true way is to face the truth and embrace your afterlife as transferring information eternally
>>
Barnaby Blungerwell - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 21:41:53 EST ID:6KPVnLjL No.893692 Ignore Report Reply
While we have no western evidence, the only thing I can't figure out is why eastern cultures say to focus on the pineal gland (the point inbetween the eyebrows) when meditating.
>>
Rebecca Bribbermatch - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 23:03:31 EST ID:U6cph6Y5 No.893696 Ignore Report Reply
1543896211633.png -(35675B / 34.84KB, 179x281) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893691
>>
Doris Cinnertadge - Mon, 03 Dec 2018 23:58:23 EST ID:ElwRrch0 No.893697 Ignore Report Reply
>>893667
I was chain fed human brain matter in the sith
>>
Martha Nickleville - Tue, 04 Dec 2018 09:44:38 EST ID:ZHmzM7am No.893708 Ignore Report Reply
1543934678002.jpg -(35704B / 34.87KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893696
oh the cosmic irony
>>
Fucking Sesslesat - Wed, 05 Dec 2018 15:07:07 EST ID:HriYp4Vv No.893739 Ignore Report Reply
>>893692
They don't though
>>
William Monnerluck - Wed, 05 Dec 2018 17:38:57 EST ID:7+mmW8XR No.893744 Ignore Report Reply
1544049537894.jpg -(20284B / 19.81KB, 364x242) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893692
>Western evidence
>>
Hugh Grimdock - Wed, 05 Dec 2018 22:24:34 EST ID:CRd+/M+Z No.893750 Ignore Report Reply
1544066674588.jpg -(44357B / 43.32KB, 639x477) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893744
>>
Borgon Shatner - Thu, 06 Dec 2018 11:52:16 EST ID:7+mmW8XR No.893753 Ignore Report Reply
>>893744
>>893750

It's just called evidence
>>
Ernest Clayshit - Thu, 06 Dec 2018 14:34:57 EST ID:w6kv65NY No.893755 Ignore Report Reply
1544124897440.gif -(83012B / 81.07KB, 185x160) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
no need for science to understand the universe
>>
Barnaby Blembleson - Fri, 07 Dec 2018 19:34:04 EST ID:1tCD+FOG No.893786 Ignore Report Reply
>>893753
find your own, the only understanding of the universe that will ever be practical and create demonstrable change in your perception of reality is your own
>>
David Gegglehatch - Sat, 08 Dec 2018 16:39:25 EST ID:lTZNcOFb No.893802 Ignore Report Reply
>>893755
Truly the greatest delusion.

Not to say that science will necessarily bring an understanding of the universe, but to claim you can understand it through other means while dismissing science is absolutely laughable.
>>
Phineas Chillycocke - Sun, 09 Dec 2018 02:48:49 EST ID:cvlHoT+o No.893807 Ignore Report Reply
The pineal gland regulates sleep so it's not such an absurd assumption that it is a gateway to the subconscious. Is It solely responsible for achieving a connection to the unconscious? Debatable, but unlikely.
>>
Priscilla Pittwater - Sun, 09 Dec 2018 04:12:04 EST ID:u9w2k1Nb No.893809 Ignore Report Reply
>>893802

not necessarily, science is an attempt to "understand" reality through measurement and classification. This kind of pursuit is focused mainly on the external, and really only gets you to a place of "information." If you want to understand creation you should try to better understand the most immediate piece of creation you have available... yourself. Most people, including "scientists" never bother to do this.
>>
Cedric Grimfield - Sun, 09 Dec 2018 06:27:57 EST ID:lTZNcOFb No.893810 Ignore Report Reply
>>893809
Introspection only gets you so far. We're talking about understanding the universe, not just creation. There's an area of science for almost every phenomena we're aware of, it isn't just concerned with the external. Understanding oneself completely is obviously not fully within the realm of science, but areas like psychology, biochemistry, neuroscience and evolution are good places to go if you want a more complete understanding of yourself. Otherwise you're seeking "understanding" through emotional means alone which I think is just as lacking as seeking it through science alone. Seeking to understand the universe by understanding only yourself is the equivalent of seeking to understand the entirety of history through the memories you've acquired during your short life alone. You may argue "but I AM the universe" and in a sense that's true, however that brings you no closer to understanding the fundamental nature of it all, what's actually happening below all the emergent layers that we are able to perceive. A rock is as much the universe as you are yet it has no understanding of the universe. To have understanding, one mustn't dismiss hard science and the measurement, classification and information gathering that comes with it. Spiritual pursuits are a type of information seeking as well. You get the information and it changes your state of consciousness. Neither of these pursuits are to be dismissed by the truly curious seekers because the benefits of both will be clear if you allow yourself not to think of them as opposing one another, but rather complimenting each other.
>>
Edward Wevingforth - Sun, 09 Dec 2018 19:51:53 EST ID:u9w2k1Nb No.893823 Ignore Report Reply
>>893810

its not just introspection, its a realization of your true nature. In realizing THAT you realize that everything else is also THAT. But what is "it"? You have to experience it for yourself because its beyond all words and concepts. Thats why i say science is more or less useless when it comes to YOUR experience of life.
>>
Albert Blathercocke - Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:28:49 EST ID:9GrIe5Ga No.893877 Ignore Report Reply
>>893823
How is it useless though? It offers a unique perspective on your experience and the nature of existence. Besides, what is science fundamentally compared to raw experience? The latter is analagous to the unconscious emotional felt portion of consciousness, and the former is anslagous to conscious thoughts and understandings.

Raw unconscious experience without conscious understanding and awareness is meaningless. Likewise, conscious understanding without the unconscious experience isnt possible, let alone meaningful.

Anything that can augment or modify your experience and your interpretation and understanding of it is useful in your experience because new meaning eme4ges naturally as a byproduct of that. A synthesis of the raw experience and the classification and measurement of it is the best is the most useful way to come closer to realizing a more true understanding of the nature of reality, existence, and yourself
>>
Samuel Gottingsadging - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 14:10:21 EST ID:LjzlQES0 No.893892 Ignore Report Reply
1544641821293.png -(57014B / 55.68KB, 485x409) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893667

I have been practicing deep meditation for years to this day, and over time have accrued close to 1,000 hours of practice in the art. Yes, the third eye phenomenon is perfectly real, there is no harm in accepting this, no confusion will develop from understanding that the pineal gland does all of the things legend suggests.

As you may suspect, substances do in fact go into your ability to perceive hidden knowledge, and bad trips are nothing more than a flood of negative but immaterial energy, so in other words totally harmless and ephemeral. It's choosing to be injured by the bad trip that harms you, not the energy.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and let you know that yes, OP, the third eye is an extremely real thing, and honing it is the greatest thing you can do for yourself.

Have some reading material to go with your psychs

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00788r001700210016-5

(On advanced meditation, a military report regarding parapsychology)

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00792r000400330013-4

('The Psychotronic Universe')
>>
Hamilton Pimmlehuck - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:05:46 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.893893 Ignore Report Reply
1544645146505.jpg -(44878B / 43.83KB, 477x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893892
Dude, you fucking retard.

The CIA has that shit in their library because they do not want to admit that during the KGB successfully deployed psyops against the CIA, making several high-ranking CIA members believe that 1) psychic powers were real 2) the Soviets had an incredibly successful paranormal research program 3) the CIA should invest millions of dollars in paranormal research.

End result? The CIA wasted several millions of dollars on useless shit, from remote viewing (bullshit), telekinesis (bullshit) and mindcontrol in the infamous MKULTRA (bbbbullshit). It was all bullshit and all a waste of money.

The Soviet Union had a real knack for making the CIA believe dumb retarded shit that caused the CIA to waste millions of tax dollars on bullshit.
>>
' God !!vVWR8L52 - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 20:52:04 EST ID:AP9CBjKi No.893901 Ignore Report Reply
1544665924571.jpg -(333146B / 325.34KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>893892
>It's choosing to be injured by the bad trip that harms you, not the energy.
>>
Matilda Fomblebick - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:16:35 EST ID:u9w2k1Nb No.893909 Ignore Report Reply
>>893877
because the experience i'm talking about only reveals itself after you've emptied your mind of all assumptions, ideas, mental projections, ect. Thoughts and "knowledge" stand in the way. Im not saying that science is "bad," im not saying that it good either. I wont even speak about whether or not its useful. All i'm saying is that you should have an experience of pure emptiness first, and everything else will fall into place.
>>
Cedric Biddlefield - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 23:04:10 EST ID:LjzlQES0 No.893910 Ignore Report Reply
>>893893

That may be your opinion but I know you didn't read anything that was posted because it didn't pertain to any of that in the first place

You can be mad all you want, unprovoked even, but I am still the one between the two of us who has put the hours into his meditation, and I know enough from my devotion to the art to be able to say that those links still contain perfectly useful information regarding the place the pineal gland takes you to.

You can argue all you want against me but I'm afraid I have already won by simply knowing. But have a nice day
>>
Ebenezer Dollyspear - Thu, 13 Dec 2018 20:45:13 EST ID:jOE8gy+V No.893922 Ignore Report Reply
>>893893
This is true but Soviets couldn't withstand the ol' Reagan.

All that money making CIA people look silly and look at that. Collapsed society because lasers in space.

Who's the real rube now? Someone who believes in goats falling over or the guys who unironically jerked eachother off in the basement of the kremlin while hailing satan as a means to stop Israel from launching to space?
>>
Shitting Wemmlestudge - Fri, 14 Dec 2018 02:30:53 EST ID:MRB5fhdE No.893926 Ignore Report Reply
https://youtube.com/watch?v=TmjIvDSRdAk
>>
Henry Honeywell - Fri, 14 Dec 2018 03:41:21 EST ID:DK7uZd2D No.893927 Ignore Report Reply
>>893892
I wasn't disputing anything regarding the third eye's existence; I was specifically disputing the fact that it was the pineal gland itself that was the third eye. The Thalamus is both a better match in terms of physical location in exactly the "center" of the brain rather than the center-rear like the pineal gland, as well as in function. The Thalamus is the hub where signals coming from all the cortical regions pass through, and it performs a "gating" mechanism whereby some signals are stopped and others allowed to pass through on to the sensory binding pathways that work to integrate the various disparate currents coming from the cortical regions allowed to pass through the Thalamus and constructed into the final model of reality that we experience.

You clearly didn't take the time to actually understand what it was that I was saying/asking, instead being more gung-ho to tell me I was wrong about one of your rather rigid beliefs. This is pretty much the type of behavior and thinking processes I was trying to challenge by creating this thread in the first place, aside from possibly starting a good discussion between people that might agree or disagree for various reasons, some that may have surprisingly good merit to them... along with generally being informative to anyone interested enough to give the thread a look.

For your own sake, in the pursuit of gaining ever greater awareness of the self and the nature of existence, lighten up on the dogmatic horseshit and the need to so quickly and readily defend it. Be open to some actual investigation, or the idea that you might be wrong. Did you even go out and look anything up about the Third Eye and which brain structures might potentially be the cause for it when coming across the thread, before deciding to post? Even just to double check if you might not be wrong, or if any new scientific evidence has been uncovered that may change what we think we know about all of this?

I did, and found out that despite my insistence that the Thalamus is the best candidate for being the actual "seat of consciousness" or "Third Eye", the scientific conses on that has become quite dogmatic itself and some more recent studies have started providing some indirect evidence that either that consensus may not actually be the case, or that the situation is actually much more complicated than the evidence collected prior to this has been suggesting.

Namely, it was almost always the case before that impaired function of the Thalamus would result in no conscious experience being formed. Experiments with electrode implants that allowed us successfully to "switch" consciousness on and off in test subjects seemed to also strongly support the long-held scientific consensus. But, more recently, rare cases of humans undergoing brain scans for various health reasons unrelated to studies on the Thalamus itself have provided evidence contrary to everything we expect, because they've shown advanced impaired functioning of the Thalamus, yet the brain scan subjects were still conscious and aware and otherwise were able to live a generally functional life despite the impaired function. This is extremely relevant and interesting evidence because it almost goes entirely contrary to what the enormous amount of evidence we've compiled suggesting what we're observing with these rare cases should not be possible, indicating some deep, hidden ignorance in our understanding of consciousness and the Thalamus' role (along with surrounding brain structures) that we need uncover to come to a better and more complete understanding of the subject.
>>
Henry Honeywell - Fri, 14 Dec 2018 03:46:47 EST ID:DK7uZd2D No.893928 Ignore Report Reply
>>893927
>This is pretty much the type of behavior and thinking processes I was trying to challenge by creating this thread in the first place, aside from possibly starting a good discussion between people[...]

That said, your post did itself generate some good discussion that might better help lead to enlightenment on the subject (I myself am still trying to better understand the phenomena being discussed and harbor no illusions that I actually think I know about it all is in fact indisputably the truth by any means).

I didn't really mean to come across as negatively judgmental and critical of you as I did, reading back on what I wrote, so hopefully you don't feel like I was trying to being a dick or anything. I'm just interested in cultivating a discussion that develops better understanding and learning for everybody involved.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.