Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Two Roads Diverged In A Yellow Wood Ignore Report Reply
Jenny Gummerwill - Sat, 09 Mar 2019 17:05:13 EST ID:/brBTWJ/ No.894138
File: 1552169113805.jpg -(186332B / 181.96KB, 900x506) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 186332
So I went to a psychedelic talk and the discussion journeyed into how psychedelics can impact your day-to-day life. People fell into 2 main camps:
  1. Psychedelics help you to find your material passion and encourage you to follow it (i.e., starting your own business)
  2. Psychedelics discourage striving and reveal the meaningless of materialism

I'd say I fall more into camp 2, though I'm not arrogant enough to say that I know the right answer. My personal feeling is that while it's important to establish a degree of comfort and security (you don't want to be homeless and starving), you should be careful not to glorify material accomplishments. It can become a trap. I felt that camp 1 was a bit too enthusiastic about running businesses and organizations.

Again though, those are just my feelings - I'm not claiming to have any objective insight. Perhaps the world needs both camp 1 and 2 people.

What do you think?
>>
Nigel Clunningson - Sat, 09 Mar 2019 20:08:01 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894139 Ignore Report Reply
3 all paths are equally meaningless and all that matters is that you're content in the now and have the freedom to adjust your movement in life with total freedom
>>
Frederick Bunshaw - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 01:45:49 EST ID:Z+7BKpbJ No.894141 Ignore Report Reply
psychedelics have only ever complemented the way i already thought and perceived things to begin wtih. that is to say, any insights they provided were insights i would otherwise come across sober or on some other kind of drug.

i already thought the way psychedelics tend to make people think because im a pathetic loser thats always considering the nature of reality and all that kind of shit on a daily basis, and the psychedelics just provided an experience that was more poignant than id otherwise normally experience.

none of it has significantly affected the way i go about living my life though in any kind of direct sense because the psychedelics ultimately never changed my mind about anything. in a more indirect sense im sure it's had an influence on me, but i'm not fond of significantly restricting my potential for my personal growth and discovery of knowledge in my daily life and reserving such things to altered states of consciousness i experience as the result of taking drugs.

if anything, im less inclined to let what i believe i learned while under the influence of drugs that literally are described as being producing psychosis mimicking effects change my views on reality on a whole precisely because im in a drug-induced delusional state. i dont discount what i think i learn altogether, but doesn't the idea of letting a psychotomimetic drug inform the more profound knowledge/beliefs you have about reality stated aloud sound pretty retarded? most of my real insights come from the following days and weeks after a trip.

its important to remember you're just taking a drug here, nothing more. letting a drug have this much influence over your perception of reality is, to me, without a single doubt, foolish. anybody that falls into camp 1 or camp 2 hasnt actually learned anything at all from the experiences they had and are content to believe that the" insights/knowledge" gained from the experience are true without any real subsequent consideration of what it is they think they learned are the kind of people who you'd expect to buy into fad diets or get-rich-quick schemes. rather than actually put any real effort into investigating the nature of reality, they believe the drug they took with a reputation for producing profound insights is all the effort they need to put in to actually acquire any kind of esoteric wisdom about the nature of reality, which makes them fuckin ignorant and dumb.
>>
Frederick Bunshaw - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 01:48:29 EST ID:Z+7BKpbJ No.894142 Ignore Report Reply
>>894141
also, fuckin lazy
>>
Awe God !!vVWR8L52 - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 10:44:18 EST ID:FpCd5LtQ No.894153 Ignore Report Reply
>>894138
I suppose they help to understand what things ACTUALLY bring joy to your life, but striving can very well persist especially since they usually encourage dreaming and emphasize desire for heaven if you will.

It's really good to chill out and accept things and it's also good to act on your dreams but I'd say most people should focus on taking it easy, not over think it, take steps towards your dreams and get really focused and passionate, but mind the timing only focus very intensely for short bursts of time and if it is actually really exciting or enlivening, otherwise, meditate, chill out, take it easy, diffuse tension, enjoy your feelings whatever they may be etc.

It soothes my mind to think that calmness and peace are enough for me and all the stuff I want to achieve or have is great and I take steps toward it as long as it is comfortable or even exciting to do so but peace of mind is something even greater so consider it wise to take things easy, chill out, be practical and friendly. This approach also makes it way easier to accept if all your action completely and utterly fails which means you die. In my mind that's the ultimate permission slip to chill the fuck out.
>>
Basil Clenkinnet - Fri, 22 Mar 2019 06:46:56 EST ID:YVQpjkEp No.894333 Ignore Report Reply
>>894141

>drugs that literally are described as being producing psychosis mimicking effects

That's not true. Actual psychosis can be induced from giving someone enough stimulants, amphetamines for instance, for a long enough period of time, as well as with sleep deprivation in itself. These psychotic states are markedly different from psychedelics and are not degenerating as psychosis is.

There are many ways human beings (and animals in general) alter their perceptions to enhance their understanding of the world. Psychedelics are tools, that can be misused, over-glorified (as science often is), and misrepresented.
>>
Samuel Clinkinchetch - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 08:40:03 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.894360 Ignore Report Reply
>>894333

Understanding reality is over-glorified? That's what science is. Science is the act of understanding how reality functions. Sounds like you need to rethink how you think.
>>
Eliza Greenworth - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 13:03:02 EST ID:yOXYTl7r No.894367 Ignore Report Reply
>>894360
even if that was what science is, it would still be over-glorified
>>
Polly Blusslelock - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 17:18:07 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894382 Ignore Report Reply
>>894367
What?

What the fuck are you on?

Just living is understanding reality. All you do EVER in your existence is understanding reality. It is the BASIS of every action you perform. Science just takes that constant evaluating of reality and turns it into something objective that can be shared among people with different subjective experiences and that can be tested for and against proof by people with different subjective experiences.
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Sat, 23 Mar 2019 21:11:07 EST ID:yOXYTl7r No.894384 Ignore Report Reply
1553389867191.jpg -(141014B / 137.71KB, 936x728) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894382
I just thought it would rustle some jimmies bro.

On a more serious note, some people do consider the creation of existence a poor choice on the part of the creator.
>>
Sidney Chunkindut - Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:07:38 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.894442 Ignore Report Reply
>>894382

I'd like to hear your reasoning why the mere act of existing means you understand reality.
>>
Eliza Blatherforth - Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:34:14 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894443 Ignore Report Reply
>>894442
In order to move in space, you have a subconscious understanding of your movement in physics. Every mastered action you take is build on an understanding of the universe, because without that understanding, your actions would be random and prone to failure.
>>
Sidney Chunkindut - Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:00:57 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.894447 Ignore Report Reply
>>894443

No offense, but your shit's all retarded.

>subconscious understanding of your movement in physics

Being able to move your body does not equate to understanding reality. Understanding reality has very profound, far-reaching implications. Even if one truly did understand the fundamentals of their own actions, their limited perception wouldn't equate to a universal understanding. To even think you could understand reality is naive. We're so limited in our perspective, able to reach understanding primarily through symbolism
>>
Phineas Clellycocke - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 01:46:43 EST ID:+zVqs3xZ No.894450 Ignore Report Reply
I've picked a high income degree/industry and I mainly want money to provide for a wife and children, to give them a good life and security.
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 16:14:10 EST ID:gvTgKBPi No.894476 Ignore Report Reply
1553631250003.gif -(1130569B / 1.08MB, 540x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894442
Because existing = experiencing reality.

Answer me this - does someone who doesn't experience reality understand reality better than someone who does experience reality or vice reversa? There you should find the answer to your query.

A certain experience of reality may be the most fragmented piece of the whole picture in the entire universe, but it's still a larger portion of the whole picture than nothing at all. I hope we can agree that if you put together all the fragments all the different perspectives you get the whole picture which is what I assume you mean by 'understanding reality'.
>>
Emma Drannerfoot - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 16:34:34 EST ID:Lpo9YRi7 No.894477 Ignore Report Reply
>>894447
while you are mostly right, i think you forget balancing is a instinctual trait, which pretty much describes what hes saying, "each and every action has an equal and opposite reaction" ain really that confusing is it? But yes , to claim to understand reality as a whole is nonsense.aa
>>
superego - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:59:35 EST ID:RbuOFLuT No.894480 Ignore Report Reply
thats how you make amsmr

MD. Methylamphetamine,

smoke'd
>>
Nathaniel Chicklekin - Wed, 27 Mar 2019 02:12:45 EST ID:jl4B8s9v No.894483 Ignore Report Reply
>>894476
this made me realize I should stop trying to be so sophisticated ily nb
>>
Shit Passleway - Thu, 28 Mar 2019 01:09:11 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894502 Ignore Report Reply
>>894447
>Understanding reality has very profound, far-reaching implications
No you fucking retard. Reality isn't profound. It's right in front of you. LOOK BITCH!
>>
Priscilla Gabbersuck - Thu, 28 Mar 2019 01:12:01 EST ID:eQuX0qH2 No.894503 Ignore Report Reply
This shit doesn't have any inherent meaning. The meaning is what you make of your trips, no matter how deluded you actually are. THERE IS NO INHERENT MEANING FROM YOUR TRIPS. Anything you seem to gain is pure delusion.
>>
Eugene Mongerdag - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:22:32 EST ID:O61PecZf No.894523 Ignore Report Reply
>>894476
This was VERY poorly written and hard to understand. When speaking about a comprehensive view or understanding
of things use words like "objective" and "subjective"
>>
Alice Wullerban - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 19:48:35 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.894527 Ignore Report Reply
>>894476

How in the ever-loving fuck are you people not able to understand that EXPERIENCE=/=COMPREHENSION

Jesus fuck, it's like this place is filled with a bunch of drug-addled retards
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:29:37 EST ID:oTqRiL8Q No.894530 Ignore Report Reply
>>894527
I may agree, but you have to define comprehension. I suspect that this definition would make it dependent on the object of comprehension and if the object of comprehension is the subject of comprehension then it would always have full comprehension and if the object was some other entity/experience it would still have some comprehension because all entities are part of the Fundamental entity/experience. Further more all entities overlap or form a vescica pisces to one degree or another, some to a very significant degree.

If you guys are hell bent on believing in some universal truth then the closest thing to that would be ALL THAT IS or the Universe which contains all entities/experiences and thus every entity every being has some comprehension of the universe and a full comprehension of the self and we all share the fundamental quality of existence so you could say we all comprehend any being in the universe to some extent because we are built on the same base, the same fundamental, we share the same source.
>>
Alice Blackham - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 21:38:53 EST ID:NAElCaBD No.894569 Ignore Report Reply
>>894530
To comprehend means to have a functional understanding of something's nature. To experience something isn't the same thing as understanding that thing. When you were a child, you experienced hearing your parents speak to you, but you could not comprehend the meaning behind the noises they were making.

I'm not them obviously, but what other definition of comprehension is there exactly?

> if the object of comprehension is the subject of comprehension then it would always have full comprehension
Why would this be true? A practical example is a human person. A human person is an object that is actually a system of objects working together. A person is not actually a single object. Not only that, but we are only ever capable of focusing on limited aspects of our nature at any given moment, so it would be impossible for us to comprehend the nature of ourselves fully ever. Not to mention the system of objects making us up is always changing and more objects are being added and subtracted from ourselves constantly.

The idea that ANYTHING could be comprehended fully is ridiculous enough on its own. I honestly have a hard time understanding your line of logical reasoning even a little bit man. The best I can come up with is that you're suffering heavily from confirmation bias and you're just choosing to believe shit that sounds the best to you for whatever reason.

Also, how on earth do you still believe that your experience precedes or creates reality (and when I say reality, I don't mean your subjective experience of it, I mean what actually exists)? Reality creates you, not the other way around. If I were to be really charitable here, I might say both actually happen simultaneously (because they kinda do really... that is to say, you create reality as reality creates you), but even in that case experience/experiencing reality does not therefore EQUAL existing, they merely happen concurrently alongside one another. Experiencing reality and existence is merely an ASPECT of existence, not existence itself. How the fuck you can't separate this is beyond me.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.