Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
What is Death Ignore Report Reply
Archie Clemmlewell - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 04:28:08 EST ID:1wUwR3sY No.894454
File: 1553588888163.jpg -(533044B / 520.55KB, 2560x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 533044
Death. don't get too dark but what's your honest opinion on it /psy/ lets ponder
>>
Alice Dimblechutch - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 05:29:41 EST ID:U3OlMGMl No.894455 Ignore Report Reply
1553592581215.jpg -(78208B / 76.38KB, 517x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894454
Father - I AM; the Light; Divinity
Son - Humanity; the material world
Holy Spirit - The passing of time; Wisdom
The world we reside in is primarily a material world, but it is governed equally by unseen certainties which are known as metaphysics.
Where did we come from? Where will we return to? The same place - the Void. Time keeps everything from happening all at once. We require a living body to experience the passing of time. So when we are liberated from our body, we return to Infinity. God is Love. Love is Infinity. Death is a return to infinity/nothingness (or allness); nothing(ness) is what awaits us after we die. And, since we emerged from this nothingness in the first place, it would follow that we will be reborn, fulfilling the promises of the Divine throughout the ages. The promise of eternal life, even if we die. At least until we do what it takes to Ascend from this cycle of death and rebirth. What will it take? How many lifetimes will it take for us to get there? It depends on how hard we are willing to work (karma), and for whom.
>>
Alice Bonderfuck - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 06:46:41 EST ID:k0jprq74 No.894459 Ignore Report Reply
>>894454
It's simply a permanent loss of consciousness.
>>
Doris Peckleson - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:05:41 EST ID:dtBvQrmB No.894471 Ignore Report Reply
>>894454
must be like before being born, you weren't alive you didn't even exist, I think is like that, sometimes I hope it is cause if it's just going back to living forever and ever that's some shit
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:19:22 EST ID:gvTgKBPi No.894473 Ignore Report Reply
1553627962023.gif -(573286B / 559.85KB, 256x375) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894454
obviously the loss of body. Now if you are asking how that affects consciousness you'd have to know what kind of qualities consciousness gains by putting attention on, by being aware of a body. To know that you need to have at least some well defined experience of being without a body or an ability to separate your attention on the physical and non physical energies. Astral projection in various forms and meditation/concentration can probably give insights in to that. Check out Egyptian and Tibetan books of the dead if you really think that knowing these things makes you more able to fulfill the purpose you chose this physical life for. Personally I'm too captivated by the wonders of this life to be dividing my attention to find out things that I purposefully forgot and that I will inevitably find out. Don't get me wrong I'm a real lover of exploration, discovery, curiosity, adventure, mystery etc, but I know everything comes in the right timing and I rather follow the thread of the resonance that I feel in the form of emotions like excitement, creativity, empowerment, enlivenment. Knowing certain things before the right time is actually a hindrance rather than help, I hope that doesn't need an explanation why. I think we came here to explore the enchantment of the world and the growth that comes from it rather than the disenchantment and the primary force of the universe which we already know because that's what we started from, it's our source, base, foundation. We have to be mindful not to get completely lost, but I still believe that the point is to explore the enchantments of the worlds that collide in this dense crystallized and highly defined human life (which you may have noticed is becoming less dense in the recent decades which is also part of the exploration we came here for). So don't be too quick to see through the game, because you forgot exactly for the purpose of being to play, the remembering will happen at the right time. Of course if you are being called and feel excited about piercing the veil, go ahead, that actually may be the theme you came here to explore. If you are utter purist like Buddha, you may just decide you don't want anything to do with suffering and go straight for liberation (which destroys the game, because to play a game you need rules, destroy the definitions of a world the limitations of a world and you loose the world).

I don't know much but from my understanding the illusion of time remains in spirit (although vastly different). Without illusion of time/space there is no separation from the one and no relationship no experience.
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:35:24 EST ID:gvTgKBPi No.894474 Ignore Report Reply
1553628924496.jpg -(466170B / 455.24KB, 946x961) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894473
>but I know everything comes in the right timing and I rather follow the thread of the resonance that I feel in the form of emotions like excitement, creativity, empowerment, enlivenment.
to explain the resonance thing I basically believe that there is a higher being always communicating to us what we are here for and basically if you feel bad about a thought or action it's the being saying "wrong way mofo" and the feelings that let you breathe instead of suffocating you are telling you "yes yes this is the path my love".

as you hold a thought (think something that makes you representative of certain energy, certain vibratory state), the universe brings you things that help sure up that thought. Until the though has enough momentum and is definable enough, dense enough, that idea comes what to do about it, how to take action on it which further sures up the thought/idea/energy/matter.

If you cannot think yourself out of a perspective which you usually cannot do since "as you hold a thought, the universe brings you things that help sure up that thought" you have to meditate silence your mind and the momentum of the though will subside or wait to go to sleep and as you wake up create new momentum consciously instead of picking up right where you left. If it's a physical situation, you have to let it run it's course, resist it as little as possible while maybe creating a new reality starting from a thought. Here;s a good example of how this is done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9yg5cDagJ0
>>
Awe' God !!vVWR8L52 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:56:06 EST ID:gvTgKBPi No.894475 Ignore Report Reply
1553630166516.jpg -(116958B / 114.22KB, 996x1583) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894474
BTW even the best thoughts that we think on a daily basis are actually dirty thoughts which is to say even them while mostly beneficial and positive will have some negativity involved which will eventually manifest (so even if your life is overall just an amazing joy there will still be some small hindrances here and there), but if you are really good at stillness, silencing your physical mind, then you can hit some real mother lodes of purity, because you start from a pure place of nothingness, if you start from a thought that is already available to you, you start from a denser vibration which is already not pure because it wasn't created from a pure place, since you woke up and instead of creating heaven, just picked up right where you left. If you start from an action which is already available to you you are starting from a place with even less potential. Mostly the physical world we inhabit is extremely unpure in relation to our true self (that;s why it trains us to be train wrecks, cause it's not us and it's not our path), but it may still be of benefit to be in certain environments and soak them in since we really have quite limited control of our thoughts and if we are going to pay attention to the physical world anyway, let's pay attention to the parts that are more in harmony, more in resonance to who we are. You know, we gotta use the tools that we have. But getting good at concentration and meditation can serve really well in terms of being able to reset and actually think something highly pure. Sleep performs the same function, but then you'd have to have amazing concentration to go through the entire day without stepping on any landmines. This is kind of like a muscle the more you exercise these abilities the more capable you become. Just don't force yourself to meditate which would be counter productive, do it for the relief or for the pleasure of honing of a skill. Or to be able to get some info from a high place.
>>
Doris Driggleson - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 08:28:59 EST ID:9/YwhDLp No.894517 Ignore Report Reply
1553862539885.jpg -(364093B / 355.56KB, 707x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
To have an opinion on death one must experience it (and no, your DMT breakthrough doesn't count, bloody pineal gland truthers lol). Life flourishes in spite of the inherent nature of matter to return to a state of uniform order, therefore we must appreciate life humbly and without clinging to it. Theories of afterlife are fuelled by fear and apprehension, which is absurd given the very nature of death: an end to your consciousness as you know it (contained in this organism) and to all you fret about and torture yourself over. To cut life short is a shame, instead realise that suffering is an inescapable aspect of life and don't cling to hedonistic pleasures or the drive to "perfect" yourself. You are here, in the now, and that is enough in itself. When the time comes, you will have done all that is required of you as an organism. Have no regrets, death is the end but not in any substantial way. The ones who suffer most are those that worry about their "legacy", and are trying to cram in as many "meaningful" experiences as they can. It is all experience, it is all life, it is all tao. But the longer you survey it, it ceases to be.
>>
Ernest Chobblelark - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 10:49:54 EST ID:+ji57kuN No.894519 Ignore Report Reply
>>894473
>>894474
>>894475
Schizophrenia is no joke
>>
Edwin Dongerham - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 11:38:55 EST ID:MU5DQUTc No.894520 Ignore Report Reply
>>894517
>To have an opinion on death one must experience it
that statement is an opinion on death tho
>>
Scab - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:08:13 EST ID:mMmmQ1xn No.894528 Ignore Report Reply
>>894454
You can't perceive not existing, so you don't. It's gotta be a big loop. Like the same movie on repeat. It could be your Heaven or your Hell, it just depends on what you make of it.
>>
Hannah Fommlewere - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 14:36:13 EST ID:HhiytVWs No.894536 Ignore Report Reply
>>894528
>You can't perceive not existing, so you don't. It's gotta be a big loop. Like the same movie on repeat.

This is something I've always felt was true, though whether or not it's a loop is something I'm not sure about. I've always felt that consciousness itself is proof of an afterlife or perpetual continuation of consciousness. Awareness is for all intents and purpose, a memory, and the cessation of life would be the end of any memories. Since I am conscious, I remember, therefore, I am alive to remember, and will always be alive to remember since any form of non-existence would invalidate and destroy the memories.

Even when unconscious or asleep, I still have this vague recollection of experiencing the unconsciousness, a memory that tells me I existed while unconscious, and didn't simply cease to exist. It's distinct from the emptiness of trying to recollect anything from before being born.
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 15:29:52 EST ID:17MYjiR5 No.894537 Ignore Report Reply
1553974192607.jpg -(53909B / 52.65KB, 640x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>894536
>experiencing the unconsciousness
yeah, a bit like talking the untalk.
>>
Archie Smalldale - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 19:43:11 EST ID:BPf5wvpP No.894542 Ignore Report Reply
I believe death is much more common to us that we think. We let go of our consciousness completely every night when we fall asleep, we lose parts of our awareness even during the day, whenever we zone out, daydream, meditate or just focus on something so much that we forget where we are. But we always come back to our selves and we got used to it so much that we feel there's some guarantee of continuity and that after every waking moment there will be another and another, eventually.

But physical death is the final moment, undeniably and it reminds us that what we thought of as a continuity is actually a series of such moments and we die in each and every one of them, only to be reborn in the next one. Life is made of death, glued together by our illusion of self.

And death is letting go.
>>
Jack Drucklebeck - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:44:59 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894549 Ignore Report Reply
>>894536
>Even when unconscious or asleep, I still have this vague recollection of experiencing the unconsciousness, a memory that tells me I existed while unconscious, and didn't simply cease to exist. It's distinct from the emptiness of trying to recollect anything from before being born.

Nigga what.

You don't experience shit when unconscious. Your brain boots up from unconsciousness, grabs the nearest memory and says "ah yes, that's me." and recreates your personality from memory, essentially creating a new instance of you in your own body. YOU DIE EVERY NIGHT AND ARE BORN EVERY MORNING!
That's why shit gets so confusing when you're tripping or you had an incredibly vivid dream, your brain is unable to find a recent memory that's not batshit insane.
>>
Fanny Blallerdad - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 02:35:32 EST ID:hM5oBccZ No.894553 Ignore Report Reply
But is loss of consciousness really all we are going to consider dying here? You are no longer conscious in the same configuration now as you were 5 minutes, 2 days, or 7 years ago. Each passing moment you are dying and being reborn when you view things from this philosophical perspective

Which, there is nothing wrong with this, of course, but why are sleep/coma/unconscious and awake the two different states being considered here as points marking death and (re)birth? Why are we marking the divisions so clearly here but not everywhere else?
>>
George Hittingway - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 04:56:17 EST ID:kg06jhpu No.894554 Ignore Report Reply
>>894549
you do experience shit, you just dont remember it when you wake up
>>
Clara Tillingville - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 06:25:45 EST ID:pwUakdTT No.894555 Ignore Report Reply
>>894554
You only experience shit while dreaming and you only dream during one part of sleep. There are segments of a sleep cycle where you don't experience shit as far as your subjective experience goes.
>>
Oliver Fuckleham - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 08:05:49 EST ID:IUfz5v9T No.894556 Ignore Report Reply
>>894555

There's actually a period early on in sleep in, before REM sleep begins, in which you can have light dreams early on. It's similar to REM sleep. You're right though that for much of sleep you don't experience anything at all. That's the period where your brain is trying to chill out,relax and recuperate.
>>
Alice Blackham - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 21:20:18 EST ID:NAElCaBD No.894568 Ignore Report Reply
There's also Non-REM dreams. There are 3 stages of Non-Rem(NREM) sleep and then there is a stage of REM sleep. Dreams can occur but are extremely rare during NREM2, are not especially common but not terribly uncommon either during NREM3, and REM of course is famous for being dream sleep.

The content of NREM sleep is usually mundane as fuck, highly fragmented, and repetitious. It would be considered lacking in any real creativity, narrative, or kind of real structure.

>-------------Random Interesting shit:
Imaging of brain activity of mice recorded running through mazes mapped on top of the maze can show how mice recall bits of the maze as it runs through it when it encounters certain turns and whatnot, and give interesting enough insight on its own into how memory and recall works, but they also observed the brain activity of mice while they slept. Those same brain areas lit up on the image being rendered of the areas being recalled mapped over the top-down view of the maze, and the mouse not only rapidly and repeatedly recalled several areas going forward through the maze, but it even played it sometimes in reverse.

This has been seen as evidence supporting in corroboration what we already thought about NREM dreams based on accounts of dreams recalled by study participants that were woken up during NREM3 and reported dreaming before being waking.
>>
Hedda Snodford - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 22:11:24 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894570 Ignore Report Reply
>>894554
Doesn't even matter.

Whatever is conscious during dreams, that isn't you. It's similar to you, but it's not you.

You and you-on-20g-of-shrooms are more alike than you and dream-you.
>>
Isabella Grandbury - Mon, 01 Apr 2019 10:33:19 EST ID:TE012xsS No.894576 Ignore Report Reply
>>894570
But then what about lucid dreaming? If I am suddenly aware that I am dreaming, wouldn't that be more like real-me than dream-me? At least on par with tripping-me I would guess.
>>
Molly Worthingson - Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:30:24 EST ID:LAWRfc3P No.894618 Ignore Report Reply
>>894570

>Whatever is conscious during dreams, that isn't you. It's similar to you, but it's not you.
>You and you-on-20g-of-shrooms are more alike than you and dream-you.

By this logic, you are only you on a moment to moment basis since 'you' are a constantly changing existence from the moment of conception. You ten seconds ago isn't the same you as you are now because you have undergone changes that are subjectively similar to the changes you experience via unconsciousness or after you ingest a drug.

>>894576
>But then what about lucid dreaming? If I am suddenly aware that I am dreaming, wouldn't that be more like real-me than dream-me? At least on par with tripping-me I would guess.

Lucid dreaming is conscious dreaming, so it is you as you are while you are conscious.
>>
шІѴНЕѴМ - Wed, 03 Apr 2019 23:47:20 EST ID:cvzNDFq2 No.894620 Ignore Report Reply
1554349640513.png -(43560B / 42.54KB, 225x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Because of a certain phenomenon, our world is on the path to destruction. The universe is slowly but surely being destroyed. No one can stop it, even if they had the power of God. But do not despair. There is one way to save this universe. If we are fated to die, then we shall stop our history at a certain point, and restart it. And we shall repeat that process, eternally.
—Wilhelm, explaining his belief to a young Kevin Winnicot.
>>
Jack Sevingway - Thu, 04 Apr 2019 09:25:52 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894626 Ignore Report Reply
>>894618
Now you're just being retarded. You're constantly changing yes, but that's part of the process. Theseus' ship.

Dreaming and tripping are A L T E R E D S T A T E S. That's not on the level of Theseus' ship.

That's like Theseus' trireme suddenly transforming in a caravel or a fucking ironclad dreadnought.
>>
Hedda Greenforth - Fri, 05 Apr 2019 09:31:58 EST ID:fm84R4bI No.894663 Ignore Report Reply
I find it sad people can't accept death, and come up with bullshit with their druggy brain, thinking they know something, and yet can't accept being nothing when your gone
>>
Albert Sunkincocke - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 16:58:09 EST ID:+BcYWCUD No.894678 Ignore Report Reply
>>894663
Why? Aren't you doing essentially the same thing by believing you know what happens when you die despite having no way of actually knowing?

Personally I agree with how you see death: it is a return to nothingness. It easily seems the most likely possibility to me, so much so that I find it difficult even entertaining the idea of an afterlife in any serious manner, but I don't really find it all that sad when human beings exhibit natural human behaviors like trying to rationalize the idea that life somehow continues after they die in a manner that fits within the framework of their personal belief system.

So, a human did a human thing... how sad? It's just a non-sequitur to me, is all.

>>894665
And for once, Awe' God, you and I agree on something. I also feel a kind of relief or peace from the knowledge that I'm going to die one day and, in my opinion, that means I will never experience anything again. The idea that I would continue existing, at least in the form I possess now, indefinitely is scarier to me than knowing I'm going to wink out of existence one day.
>>
Betsy Fedgestut - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 18:19:26 EST ID:LywZUfmH No.894679 Ignore Report Reply
Ayy, you guys want a real horror story?

Imagine all that quantum-soul shit is actually real.

Imagine your consciousness remaining while your body rots away. Locked in place, forever, no senses to tell your consciousness what's going on. I have no mouth and I must scream? What about "I have only my mind and I must scream!"?

Just you in your own soliptic quantum-hell until the heat death of the universe in trillions upon trillions of years finally releases you from this Sisyphean torment.
>>
Martha Chossleworth - Sun, 07 Apr 2019 06:34:12 EST ID:p6HXJFn7 No.894686 Ignore Report Reply
>>894679
If you have no senses coming from your body why would you even have any kind of awareness of anything at all?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.