Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Stereotypical activities

- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:51:14 EST ldeIHJU9 No.897703
File: 1566478274785.png -(873002B / 852.54KB, 997x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Stereotypical activities
Have you guys done all the stereotypical, ''essential'' things while on LSD (Alice in Wonderland, Dark Side of the Moon, etc)? Did it live up to the hype?
>>
Walter Brookson - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:07:25 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.897704 Reply
>>897703
It's a nice album and psys can definitely enhance it. If you dig PF I would say that is a very good experience potentially, but if you really dig pink Floyd, you may prefer Wish you were here or some more psychedelic less poppy stuff.
>>
Nigel Nashpit - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:53:00 EST MU5DQUTc No.897706 Reply
I wouldn't want to watch Alice in Wonderland while on acid, seems pointless. Watching Dark Side of Oz was pretty good tho
>>
Henry Wellyman - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:38:39 EST kLV3S8Jp No.897710 Reply
looking up at the sky is one of my favorite stereotypical things to do on psys
>>
Emma Guzzledale - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 17:03:50 EST ZzulFf25 No.897714 Reply
1566507830045.jpg -(78946B / 77.10KB, 640x910) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I think I might be a bit weird, but I cannot stand movies on LSD, and I actually prefer natural sounds to music on acid! (But I do enjoy music still!)

I very much enjoy stereotypical things like bongos, nature walks, flying kites, sex, hippy stuff basically is the best.
>>
Caroline Sisslefuck - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 19:28:32 EST c3gflUrd No.897715 Reply
>>897714
nah it's not that weird. I enjoy watching movies on psys personally but i've done psys so often that unless i'm really going for a high dose, there's not a whole lot of novelty there so I don,t feel like I'm missing out or anything. Though watching movies on psys is very much a winter thing for me, because fucking going for a walk at -30c

Chances are, you'd probably get more out of it watching movies on the comedown (or near the end of the peak , YMMV) with some weed if you're into that. If ever you want to give watching a movie while tripping dick a shot though, i,df recommend something non narrative and more experiential like a Ron Fricke movie (barake, Samsara, Koyaanisquatsi (yes I know he didNt, direct it)). Seems like it would be more up your hippy alley

>>897703
Over the years I think I've done most of the cliché stuff, short of playing/timing albums to movies. Most of it is overrated, though usually still pretty fun. Would not recommend Alice in wonderland though, that was pretty lame. Fantasia all the way for cliché disney tripping movie (though there's a lot of better stuff to watch while tripping)
>>
George Sanningdork - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 20:54:58 EST O+nLOUrh No.897717 Reply
improvisational live music and LSD is probably the most stereotypical trip thing and generally lives up to the hype
>>
Hugh Bozzlenodging - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 04:57:01 EST szEZ2JKF No.897722 Reply
>>897704
You may find kind of a theme to a trip that you can have stick throughout a trip. Newer pink floyd is nice in depth music. David Gilmour. If you find a nice space with whatever, try to roll with it as an overall theme.

We would decide what kind of theme a trip is working out to be and go with it, if the direction seems it would become multifaceted. While still keeping the general theme as the originating focus.

Smoking a bit of pot could change direction of a general theme, and add extra layers which are as well multifaceted but still always returning to and expanding from the general theme.

When things seem right put on music that fits and smoke a bit of weed and if things workout right you would know what it is you were building from, or striving for.

Even or especially what you are seeking, if it changes, (like maybe after smoking pot,) and the overall theme changes. The original headspace or theme should reoccur throughout a good trip, but keeps expanding. Forget the technical term is, but one may see sound and hear colors. It is definitely a most unique experience.

If at a nice point you can go outside, look up into the sky in the day and clouds take many ongoing shapes, patterns and very vivid changing colours you would think never could be possible. Later at night, you may look into the sky, and see the stars and suddenly they (the entire universe) may just expand into soo many patterns that just keep getting more defined, and infinitely become far more complex every moment.

I guess my point is, don't initially get stuck on like watching the wall, the movie. And watch what 2 hours of it then it's over. But find a general direction to eventually expand from.

This may sound like leary or whomever kind of talk. Whatever, but there are many ways to manipulate a trip that can be tweaked to very different ways.

Those who like try to mediate are basically (I believe) trying to seek a point where they are trying to expand from. I don't care for the idea of mediating on acid, but the general idea in principle is just that. Trying to find a certain point where one can alter a trip in a way that offers many possibilities.

Otherwise, just tripping is just fine but find expand it. Some like nature stuff, I get bored after a while myself, unless it's geared toward an ongoing adventure that covers many spaces of thought. Like a mile may take one to a river, then trudging through dense forest or brush, seeming forever, but only like ten minutes and to open vast feature rich or even featureless landscape.

My point overall is try not to get stuck with, like, the darkside of the moon, and listen to the entire album by default, and necessarily expect it produce for you. Build something first and go form there.
>>
David Greenshaw - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:55:57 EST fN+fIXKl No.897725 Reply
1566575757759.jpg -(161699B / 157.91KB, 700x580) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>897703

My first 1P trip was spent watching fear and loathing, alice in wonderland, the big lebowski, and pulp fiction (the "trippiest" movies I could think of). Started a long love affair with movies and LSD, that has grown stale for me, but honestly, I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. The first ghost in the shell is the most essential acid movies IMO, the sound design and artwork, combined with the pacing, is one of the most enjoyable experiences a person can have.

I guess I'm a little off thread topic here, but this is what ended up being the stereotypical experiences I'd indulge in, usually every week if I could manage it (not sustainable though, trying to cut back right now, and this thread makes me so nostalgic)
>>
Edward Chudgestork - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 12:22:23 EST ldeIHJU9 No.897727 Reply
1566577343761.jpg -(351987B / 343.74KB, 1424x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>897725
I feel like I just punctured your reality and brought back decades of memories and experiences with me. Thank you.
>>
Edward Nobberdale - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:49:19 EST rD6sQn9x No.897730 Reply
>>897703
Tripped for the first time a week ago on lsd and listened to DSotM 2x over at different times of the trip. I felt like I could grasp the inner meanings of the songs better and the music itself seemed that much more vibrant and dynamic. It was honestly a really good time, I look forward to do it again. The trip as a whole was life changing to me, I see things in a different light.
>>
Hannah Widdlenodging - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 01:32:52 EST EfSmhJnB No.897758 Reply
i listen to psych rock on a regular basis however I wouldn't trade the experiences ive had listening to PF's piper at the gates of dawn, JA's after bathing at baxters, or Hendrix's electric ladyland for the world. Stuff like DSotM or alice in wonderland are fun, but since ive done more psychs I've wanted to really try to get "out there". Music with a lot of melody/structure or a movie with a straightforward-ish plot are just too grounding for my tastes unless im in a group setting. These days when i dose alone i prefer more atmospheric, really weird shit like the taj mahal travellers or Hash Jar Tempo, shit that really sends me into another universe.

Like everyone else, your mileage may vary. but if you're like most people (handrawn 2d animation is cool, Waters era floyd is cool) then you'll probably enjoy them. I'd recommend a bit of spontaneity with them though, Don't plan to do all that shit at once, or hell dont plan to do it at all. Just wait til the moment feels right - that's when the best tripping moments happen. when your just sitting there clueless but then your like oh shit - i could be listening/watching that right now!
>>
Betsy Picklepan - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 01:39:19 EST KR4xgJuo No.897759 Reply
>>897703
>>897703
i was trippng acid and listen to city of ferris wheels by buckethead very good check it out
>>
Polly Fuckinghood - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 00:58:03 EST c3gflUrd No.897774 Reply
>>897758
>Don't plan to do all that shit at once, or hell dont plan to do it at all. Just wait til the moment feels right - that's when the best tripping moments happen. when your just sitting there clueless but then your like oh shit - i could be listening/watching that right now!

This really can,t be said enough. i alway have like 20 hours worth of ''content'' ready to go at anytime when i trip, not because I plan out a bunch of shit, but because if I end up too fucked up to know what I should do, I have countless (EASY TO ACCESS) options. Some trips I'll not touch my backup movies/cartoons/albums/games/artbooks/etc. at all, others it's pretty much all I'll do because I'm too fucked up to know what I was doing 15 seconds ago or need to break out of a loop or something. Most trips fall somewhere in between

This mostly applies to solo tripping, since I hate tripping with other people but I figure it,s good advice for tripping with friends too to have many back up plans (no 1 option is not enough, because if you' end up not feeling it you,re shit outta luck). though at least tripping with firnds y'all can interact to stave off boredom/confusion as to what to do. When tripping alone, back up plans are a ''must'' ime. i mean not really a must because an experienced tripper can get by just fine with no backups, but then again I came up with this idea of always having options after a few too many ''I,m too fucked up and don,t know what to do so I'll just piss away 6 hours somehow'' trips.
>>
Polly Fuckinghood - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 01:00:01 EST c3gflUrd No.897775 Reply
>>897774
Kind of ended up emphasizing the planning part more than I intended since i was initially going to make a case for spontaneity, but fuck it. nb.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.