Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

The purpose of pleasure

- Sat, 28 Sep 2019 04:37:08 EST 2To70LY8 No.898772
File: 1569659828349.jpg -(3018788B / 2.88MB, 3000x2400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. The purpose of pleasure
Many times when I do LSA I start thinking about the purpose of pleasure. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's a bit odd the way it keeps happening. I've thought about it sober though.
>>
George Bimmerham - Sat, 28 Sep 2019 07:22:15 EST IUfz5v9T No.898776 Reply
>>898772

I think the purpose of pleasure is to give meaning to life. If life wasn't enjoyable to some degree then who would ever want to stay alive? I know I don't want to be alive, but I also am somewhat terrified of dying. It's like, now that I'm already alive I don't want to die, but I also don't want to be alive because this all seems so meaningless, and I have trouble enjoying myself knowing that there are so many terrible things happening around the world with so many people suffering. I often wish I could give my life to somebody who would cherish it and be able to fully actualize their joy.

Although, the thought of helping other people gives me joy, which is why I'm starting nursing school next spring. Living life for my own trivial pleasures seems like such a pointless waste, but giving my time to make other people's lives better makes my chest feel warm and fuzzy. In the end, I think the purpose of pleasure is closely tied to the personal meaning of life.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.