Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Pulling from san pedro?

- Mon, 30 Sep 2019 21:03:57 EST Ip01UlvW No.898819
File: 1569891837598.jpg -(100397B / 98.04KB, 1200x659) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Pulling from san pedro?
I don't know the original source, but I had a screencap of how to pull powder from the San pedro. Really want to try it and boiling and straining seems really inefficient and like a waste.
>>
Shit Huzzlestone - Thu, 03 Oct 2019 23:54:09 EST jl4B8s9v No.898904 Reply
>>898819
I think he's asking how to dry San Pedro into powder (not any chemical extract) instead of boiling and making tea. I just made tea a few days ago and never did the powder. It seems like a royal pain in the ass to do since the stuff, as a succulent, binds water to viscous nasty liquid inside the plant. I have no idea how do to it sadly.
>>
Emma Blatherridge - Fri, 04 Oct 2019 19:23:57 EST O+nLOUrh No.898921 Reply
>>898904
Oh if that's all he's asking then that is easy as hell! You remove the spines and the inner white pulpy core. Cut the dark green skin into "chips" and place them in a dehydrator with about an inch of spacing between chips.

If you don't own a dehydrator and want to go full on DIY look up Alton Brown's "Good Eats" clip on how to make jerky. He shows you how to build a very effective dehydrator on the cheap.

Once all the chips are cracker dry you can just grind them up in a coffee grinder, or if you wanna go old school a mortar and pestle, but leaving them as whole chips instead of powdering them will increase their shelf life.
>>
Phyllis Hallylag - Sat, 05 Oct 2019 20:27:42 EST gxzgBPUy No.898940 Reply
>>898921
>mortar and pestle
Is not good for fibrous plants... unless wanting to make rope.
>>
Wesley Brablingtotch - Sun, 06 Oct 2019 10:39:05 EST O+nLOUrh No.898954 Reply
>>898940
it'll work with cracker dry cactus skin, you just need a little elbow grease.

Also you don't usually use the fibrous interior of the plant as it contains very little to no alkaloid content, just the outer dark green skin.
>>
Martha Clevingway - Mon, 07 Oct 2019 20:13:11 EST O+nLOUrh No.899013 Reply
>>898954
to further clarify, the part of the cactus you want to use is the thin dark green layer BETWEEN the inner light green/white fibrous core and the clearish-white waxy protective layer

it is actually quite a small portion of the cactus once you've got it all separated out but that's where the good stuff is

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.