Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Surreal hyper-real trip reports and experiences

- Tue, 15 Oct 2019 07:31:30 EST GKKrldVq No.899215
File: 1571139090890.jpg -(54920B / 53.63KB, 757x486) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Surreal hyper-real trip reports and experiences
Do you ever get the feeling that psychedelics are showing you something very real yet hidden from everyday sight?

I remember once walking into this huge stone monolith that was made of big stone blocks of letters. Behind it was a Scottish boy who appeared to be working on a manual sewing machine. He told me that "the world is made of words". I thought of asking him "what is the overarching message then?" but before I could even ask the question, he answers "TAKE XANAX", and I leave to see the huge stone blocks spelling that.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Tue, 15 Oct 2019 07:37:45 EST hHgSqhSX No.899218 Reply
I was once confronted by an older scrappier looking version of myself. He was on the other side of a desk and we were on a lake of mercury beneath a tattered gray sky and he was berating me about being weak and lazy. He told me that I needed to be more and do more and stronger and be smarter. Not only that he said I had to do this for other people and not just myself; that the nature of true strength is found when it's for other people. It went on like that for what seemed to be days.
>>
Martha Creshfield - Tue, 15 Oct 2019 07:41:11 EST GKKrldVq No.899219 Reply
>>899218
that sounds like a cool trip. those kinds of experiences are the best.

I feel like I have literally had hundreds of years of experience after smoking DMT.

I am going to take 5g of mushrooms in silent darkness soon, if anybody has advice on preparing for this experience I would appreciate it.
>>
Wesley Hittinghood - Tue, 15 Oct 2019 08:40:39 EST Yzf2kwQX No.899220 Reply
I had an amazing acid trip where I uh, it felt like I was seeing the world in "higher definition", like our world had the graphical capabilities of an n64 game, and the "unveiled" reality I saw, which consisted of the same regular day to day objects but it was like I had turned the graphics setting way WAYYY up. Everything was like, "infinitely smooth", in my head the word that resonated was "hyperclay". That same trip, the walls turned into giant cartoon faces, like eyes and smiling laughing mouths formed on blank walls, and tbh, as an animator, I was like "I have found heaven", the world was alive and it was HAPPY. Many more things happened on that trip, and it is one I don't think I will ever forget.

Other instances of "machine elf" contact has been a wild ride as well.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Tue, 15 Oct 2019 09:22:36 EST hHgSqhSX No.899221 Reply
>>899219
That was just one part of the trip though. I took about 12-14 gram that time and they were picked just before the veil broke so the potency was peak
>>
Phoebe Winnerville - Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:37:29 EST c+ot2hXd No.899222 Reply
1571150249803.jpg -(46353B / 45.27KB, 807x605) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>899215
>''the world is made of words''
Weirdly enough, i have had tripping experiences where I experience this literally. All things in my vision start to become literally constructed out of letters, words and phrases. They still look like the things they are though, can't for the life of me decipher any of what it says though.

I wonder if it's down to the visual cortex communicating with the language centers in the brain.
>>
Eliza Trotfield - Wed, 16 Oct 2019 02:42:53 EST GKKrldVq No.899227 Reply
>>899220
Yeah, in my first acid trip the "graphics settings" just got pushed up a whole bunch. I think there are lots of different modalities of interpreting the world, there's clay, there's strings, there's aliens, etc. It's up to you what resonates and makes the strongest impression.
>>
Awe' God !!Bwteoy2D - Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:39:19 EST HEUd4PYQ No.899257 Reply
>>899218
true that, but not necessarily other people it may as well be a higher principle or a virtue or some divine idea of source.
>>
Frederick Grimgold - Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:39:55 EST LTdzjNxh No.899262 Reply
>>899222
>I wonder if it's down to the visual cortex communicating with the language centers in the brain.
Not this this doesn't play a part in it, but I'm pretty sure the prevalence of the language-centered hallucinations is in large part due to how the brain organizes, stores, and constructs meaning out of sensory information. There is a reason we remember stories (narratives) and songs with ease, while studying some list of individual facts is easily forgotten. Music and stories both construct a narrative by having a clearly patterned structure and using that structure to integrate as much information/experiences/perceptions from as many of our available senses as possible. Emotion, sensorimotor and spatial feelings, the five basic senses, etc. by stimulating them all in some way or another, be it directly or by association with the content itself.

Looking at it that way, all experiences, knowledge, perceptions, and interpretations of them are formed in pattern whose structures resembles or mirrors language itself. Oral and written language is just a manifestation of this greater underlying process or principle. Likewise, all perceptions and experiences are too, only language lends itself more easily to logical analysis... as does music. It's not at all a stretch for this fundamental truth underlying our consciousness is something that the unconscious mind picks up on while tripping, and this association begins to affect the trip, and effectively, therefore, the nature of the reality we experience. The difference between words and what we see and otherwise experience, in this instance, becomes so blurred that they essentially make one another up on a fundamental.

What you see is words... I mean, what you see is symbols, and we understand and organize our memory and knowledge of these symbols in a way that is informed by the words that correspond to these symbols, and the way that we use and pair these words to encode that knowledge and memory in particular. How and what we think of things (in terms of thinking in words/language) determines how this information is stored and accessed at any given time. So, isn't everything you look at always both words and dictated by words anyway? At some point, given abnormal enough brain activity (like the kind that results from taking psychedelics), there ceases to be any real functional difference. Thus, the mind begins to interpret what is seen not as simply images, but as words and language itself.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.