Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

FUCK SOLIPSISM

- Thu, 17 Oct 2019 15:37:05 EST c+ot2hXd No.899264
File: 1571341025685.jpg -(434032B / 423.86KB, 514x836) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. FUCK SOLIPSISM
How do I keep falling back into this bullshit. It's literally ONLY thoughts i'm scared of and I never had a problem with it untill I tripped LSD.

Also, anti-solopsism thread.
>>
Awe' God !!Bwteoy2D - Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:38:12 EST HEUd4PYQ No.899265 Reply
1571344692735.png -(503126B / 491.33KB, 819x819) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>899264
It's a choice to either indulge in it or not. I prefer not to. Too many worthwhile things to explore that you need to take the alternate route for. (if you've already indulged, momentum has built, fine... accept it, don't hate it, it's just another valid choice, another valid way of life, everything has a gift or at least a lesson, if you accept it you will let it pass, if you resist it, it will stick around or even get stronger from the energy that you are putting into it...).

Whatever it's all good, I just choose not to have time for that ATM. It's a bit like freewill, on one side you are free to go to both sides, but once you go to the other side the choice is lost and you are stuck without the ability to go back (but even fossils get dug out eventually). Solipsism is a bit like quick sand. But a true explorer appreciates everything, there is no journey that doesn't leave him in awe.
>>
Doris Drennerford - Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:03:16 EST Yzf2kwQX No.899270 Reply
The opposite of solipsism is animism, and if solipsism almost always inspires fear then animism can be used to inspire hope. Even after all of these years, I don't care if it is a farce or not, because I've come to learn that it doesn't matter, because even if everyone is just an imaginary figment, then I invented some pretty cool people and we have some pretty good times together, and when I stop fearing life it goes smoother.
>>
Eugene Buzzbanks - Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:32:46 EST bdj22nqn No.899279 Reply
1571430766587.png -(143664B / 140.30KB, 1814x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Charles Cuzzlekun - Sat, 19 Oct 2019 06:45:30 EST 7OBsp/5q No.899291 Reply
>>899270
I think this just highlights how a tool is only bad or good depending on how you use it, and that things are only what you make of them (whether it's bad or good depends on what you think bad and good are in the first place). If building is good, and destroying is bad, then is a hammer good or bad? You can use a hammer to build things, but you can use one to destroy things too. Anything you can utilize is a tool.

Solipsism is a philosophy used to understand the world in a particular manner. If the only thing that's real is that you as a thinking being exists, and this all could be a farce (or true by that same taken, the point is there is no way of knowing), then none of what happens matters any more or less than you choose. You literally choose how scary something is, how good or bad something is.

If there is no higher power or greater truth outside of yourself that exists, then the truth is exactly what you decide it is. You choose whether the fact this could all be a farce is scary or not. You don't have to see it that way. Solipsism is a philosophy that gives an individual the most control out of any philosophy I can really think of. If this is all imaginary, and you are all that is guaranteed to exist, then what you choose to believe dictates reality. Surely a good measure of it is out of your control, but ultimately you get the final say over how what happens makes you think and feel. If solipsism or anything else scares you, it's because you're choosing to be scared. You could choose to feel liberated and powerful, which could also make you feel happy. I offer that as an alternative in particular, because that's exactly how I feel when considering the world through solipsism.
>>
Charles Cuzzlekun - Sat, 19 Oct 2019 06:47:02 EST 7OBsp/5q No.899292 Reply
>>899291
>If there is no higher power or greater truth outside of yourself that exists
Well, I should really say "... or that you can ever know", but my point still stands.
>>
Basil Gerrydirk - Mon, 21 Oct 2019 16:01:30 EST lTfBfmAX No.899348 Reply
It spooked me for a while too, now I either don't believe it or just don't care. What scared me the most about solipsism was that special feeling of loneliness. It seems like if you let yourself get older the world contains more coincidences than you could ever care about and the types of loneliness just feel duller. Maybe what I believe is just solipsism split down the middle.

Maybe check this one out
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tl%C3%B6n,_Uqbar,_Orbis_Tertius

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.