Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

DMT dimension

- Sun, 01 Dec 2019 02:33:49 EST c+ot2hXd No.900346
File: 1575185629867.png -(146549B / 143.11KB, 332x394) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. DMT dimension
What's your guy's opinion on the nature of the DMT dimension?

Do you think it's an intangible dimension that runs along our own like an after life or do you adot more of a reductionist approach?
>>
Rebecca Puckleham - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 02:39:44 EST 61fzj6Dc No.900347 Reply
>>900346
DMT is one of those things thats subjective as fuck.
The first time I tried 5Meow was in a pick up truck with my buddies buddie.
Going down the road at 120km/h and being totally [[in stereo where available]]

I accepted my fate; made peace with what I understood as god and just watched the lines blur.

We made it to my other buddies place and the world seemed plastic; I bet I was coming down by then.
>>
Isabella Blackridge - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 02:48:14 EST c+ot2hXd No.900348 Reply
>>900346
Just so I am understood. I have never experience any form of DMT before and my psych experience begins and ends with LSD.

i have always been interested in trying DMT but it spooks me out because it seems as if there is literally no consensus as to what it does to the brain asides from descriptions of utter loss of reality so severe that it sevear that it defies description. We can see the effect that LSD has on the brain because it is a long lasting experience, this seems so much harder to observe with DMT.
>>
Edwin Sembleville - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 05:29:35 EST E0cRrFl9 No.900349 Reply
>>900346
I think the idea that taking DMT allows you access to a different "dimension" is a bad way of looking at it. What I mean is that viewing it from that perspective is an oversimplification and a mistake resulting from our limited perception and ignorance. It's like viewing physics from a classical/Newtonian perspective when it should be viewed from a quantum perspective.

I can't offer much in the way of a more accurate way to conceptualize what the DMT experience actually is, but I can certainly say viewing it as something as simple as gaining access to or visiting another "dimension" is stupid and uninspired... a childish fantasy (in other words, it's the kind of explanation a kid comes up with). it's a way to view it if you're either unable or unwilling to actually deeply consider what could actually be going on when taking DMT. I mean, what does it actually even mean to travel to another dimension or realm? in what way does one dimension or realm differ from the one way currently reside in? what is the nature of the one we reside in? what actually is meant by dimension/realm when used in this way? is it as simple as meaning "parallel universe"? if so, why not say that instead, and how the fuck does a drug provide the mind access to a parallel universe?
>>
Isabella Blackridge - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 07:07:00 EST c+ot2hXd No.900350 Reply
1575202020867.png -(61368B / 59.93KB, 224x196) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>900349
Interesting take, anon. I think you are right, but this is from an outsider perspective.

I'm just coming off of listening to a Mckenna lecture where he's deeply detailing his DMT experience. (transforming machine elves/self-dribbling basketballs and all that shit) I am curious to know if the DMT experience is SO un-understandably ''other'' that he has just applied these random bullshit words to explain it, then others who do the substance use these explanations as a form of linguistic bedrock to describe their experience when in reality they're trying to explain something completly ineffable.
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 07:52:02 EST GH5s+5kW No.900351 Reply
>>900346
I think all change and difference relies upon a shift of frequency, which makes it a shift into a parallel form of energy, a parallel reality or an alternate dimension if you will. Even a tiny shift like lifting your arm 0.0001mm is an entire alternate universe. So it's all a matter of definition, but yeah, I think it's a parallel (simultanious and accessable, connected) dimension. I also think that's quite reductionist as well, but reductionist in an inclusive way instead of fragmented way.

As for the first question, I believe every object has fundamentally the same nature, is made out of the same clay if you will.

The real question is how many of the entities we encounter have physical lives like us and if they are non physical, what is the degree of autonomy that they possess and how often and what kind and many other things we can ask about those beings and realms that we encounter since they appear to be quite different from physical reality....
>>
Phoebe Dunderchock - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 11:25:40 EST LywZUfmH No.900354 Reply
>>900346
It's just the shroom/aya mindspace that hits you really hard, really fast.
>>
Clara Cranderdot - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 12:44:54 EST Wa5MIDsA No.900355 Reply
>>900350
I think that's where the idea of another dimension comes from. Can't explain what 3d is like to something stuck in 2d.
>>
Edward Gonningfuck - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 13:05:37 EST IUfz5v9T No.900356 Reply
It's seemingly absolutely certainly completely inside your head, a trance, a dream-like state in which you're hallucinating, not real in any sense (inb4 reality is subjective). At least I hope nobody here actually means it to be an alternate dimension, and is merely using the phrase in description of how absurd the hallucination is.

The objects perceived are excitation of neurons, obviously most heavily occipital. I don't truly see the entities as any different from people met in your dreams. It's just an incredibly wild experience. I think the greatest importance is the potential relation to understanding how the various parts of our brain come together to produce our experience of consciousness.
>>
Isabella Blackridge - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 13:49:05 EST c+ot2hXd No.900357 Reply
>>900356
This is sort of what I try to break it down like.
From description that people give it's like DMT lets people experience raw input from the senses in an unfiltered state before the brain puts it together.
>>
Frederick Happerdale - Mon, 02 Dec 2019 15:49:08 EST o/OnKyOL No.900375 Reply
>>900346
Does it objectively teleport you to another spatial/temporal dimension? No, I don't believe it does. But as far as the brain is concerned, it might as well. Since our perception of existence in the everyday world we call reality is constructed entirely in the mind, and seeing as DMT and other psychedelics at sufficient doses are able to entirely replace this perception with something else, from the mind's perspective it might as well be a completely different dimension. I do believe that our perception of "normal" reality is constructed out of stimuli representing things that are actually there, in our surroundings, whereas psychedelics cause stimuli that have no outside origin but are instead constructed by the mind with the help of the drug. So, in this sense these realities are not real, but the experience can be as real as any other.
>>
Ernest Buttingway - Mon, 02 Dec 2019 17:16:38 EST tPUfa0hV No.900377 Reply
>>900375
>whereas psychedelics cause stimuli that have no outside origin but are instead constructed by the mind with the help of the drug. So, in this sense these realities are not real, but the experience can be as real as any other.
Yeah, but dreams are also internally generated, and so are experiences in other altered states, especially when sensory deprivation is involved. Day dreams, visions induced by meditation or hypnagogia, etc. are also produced internally, only more often than not the internally generated experiences and perceptions are incorporated into waking consciousness. This isn't something unique to psychedelics, even when speaking in terms of drugs. Stimulant psychosis, psychotomimetic effects of drugs in general, the hypnagogic dream-like states morphine and opioids can cause, and the hole-experiences and hallucinations dissociatives can cause are all examples of this same phenomenon.

See, the brain is always producing internally generated noise, perceptions, and experiences. Neural oscillations at the 40hz range produced from incoming sensory information is synchronized with sensory processing networks as a part of the sensory binding process, which integrates external sensory information into our perceptual experience of reality. Once the sensory processing neural pathways in the thalamocortical circuit are synchronized with the neural oscillations generated by thw external sensory input, the internally generated sensory data being generated is gated by the thalamus, essentially "locking in" the external sensory feed to the sensory binding pathways, resulting in our internally generated model of consciousness using the external sensory data to construct our perceptual experience.

Dissociation brought on as a result of altered states of consciousness (be it the result of drugs, the sleep-wake cycle, sensory deprivation, relaxation, meditation, impaired cognitive functioning resulting from physical damage or structural deformations, physiological causes resulting from malnutrition or excessive nutrional supplementation, wandering attention, electrical stimulation, etc., results in either the desynchronization of these neural oscillations form the neural processing and sensory binding networks or the decoupling of the neurons in the sensory organs from their neurons connecting them to said networks like is observed from sensory deprivation like during the Ganzfeld experiment) results in the "bleeding in" of mind's naturally generated internal noise... for example, day dreams, hallucinations, delusional thought patterns, etc.
>>
Barnaby Drablingtun - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 20:19:11 EST Yzf2kwQX No.900423 Reply
1575508751036.jpg -(133031B / 129.91KB, 640x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>900349
I agree, with your last bit, about parallel-universes. But I've gone to what seemed like parallel universes on LSD. The thing about going to another dimension with DMT is that people literally describe things as higher dimensional in nature in hyperspace. So, yeah, it seems like it could actually be ejecting our spitits/souls/consciousnesses from our physical body and taking it through and to higher realms and dimensions, other universes, into UFOs, to Heaven, to Hell, to the Void, and back again. DMT and other high dose psychedelics seems like they give you a train ticket across Reality, but if you aren't careful it seems the train will be set to "random".

This is all speculation, could all be in the human head, but that doesn't seem as likely anymore, with all the evidence and trip reports I've read, and what I've experienced myself.>>900349
>>
Edwin Duckbury - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 22:12:06 EST c+ot2hXd No.900426 Reply
>>900420
Is belief that conciousness persists after death fairly uniform in those that have experienced a breakthrough DMT experience.
>>
>>
Hugh Fugglemane - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 22:35:42 EST LywZUfmH No.900427 Reply
>>900426
Hahaha. No. You do realise DMT was popularized in the West by Silicon Valley and Wallstreet yuppies?

Smoke DMT in the toilet on a break, get back to the office to do CAPITALISM!
>>
Edwin Duckbury - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 23:11:50 EST c+ot2hXd No.900429 Reply
1575519110437.jpg -(19753B / 19.29KB, 480x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>900427
>DMT was popularized in the West by Silicon Valley and Wallstreet yuppies
I remember that LSD was popularized by silicon vally but I first heard of DMT through Terrence Mckenna.
>>
William Gubbleberk - Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:32:25 EST c3CZL9U8 No.900439 Reply
Depends of the gullibility of the user. Whatever I take, I note to myself before and after that everything I am going to experience, or have experienced on said substance is entirely subjective and tentative as fuck. I also think placing conviction upon assertions about matters that cannot even start to be observed by our sober senses is not very mentally healthy, and is a good way of inviting instability, and delusions of grandeur, into your brain,
>>
Jack Fapperhood - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 05:17:56 EST GKKrldVq No.900444 Reply
hyperspace is literally extra dimensions you are entering. the verbal taxonomy of these things is what creates the experience. the further you go the more you are able to string together all kinds of notions.
>>
Wesley Pigglebanks - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:48:40 EST ZgfrcNMJ No.900448 Reply
>>900444
finally someone knows what hyperspace is all about! tell us more sensei
>>
Priscilla Chunnermidging - Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:04:07 EST BY1X0WQa No.900483 Reply
>>900479
Sounds pretty legit - build bridges with those like-minded and be strong together and evolve and grow and have fun together.

I like the message.
>>
Matilda Fickledale - Sun, 08 Dec 2019 16:25:39 EST c+ot2hXd No.900490 Reply
>>900479
>i know the way bruh trust me bruh
Sorry but no, this is some cultish bullshit.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.