Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

You don't control any of the thoughts that come into your head

- Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:52:46 EST IvOInNBn No.901076
File: 1579229566871.jpg -(26520B / 25.90KB, 300x294) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. You don't control any of the thoughts that come into your head
Have you ever thought about this? Thoughts just *arise*. We operate with an illusion of self control, which is probably pretty beneficial, but we don't actually control our thoughts. You may feel like you're guiding your thoughts but its just an illusion.
>>
David Brookdale - Fri, 17 Jan 2020 04:38:22 EST 4q9buqUW No.901085 Reply
Yeah man, see: every single self-help book ever.

>You may feel like you're guiding your thoughts but its just an illusion.
I can't speak for you, but I feel as if there is an overarching theme to my thoughts (at least, depending on the circumstances of the given day). At least, there is repetition to what kinds of thoughts I have. How can that repetition explain the seemingly randomness of not actually controlling your thoughts?
>>
Matilda Backlefuck - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 11:06:29 EST 6pXsptjZ No.901527 Reply
You don't control your wants either, and your wants tend to control "your" perspective
>>
Jack Blebblesire - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 15:26:29 EST bs37+BMW No.901529 Reply
>>901076
I think about control all the time. The key here is the definition of “control.”
We cannot control the wind, but we can adjust our sails. As in, we do not have absolute god control but we can use our sail to maneuver our boat according the the laws of the waves, gravity and physics.
>>
Jenny Shakefield - Sun, 16 Feb 2020 07:21:29 EST IvOInNBn No.901624 Reply
Consciousness doesn't exist either. We are just a series of thoughts, really. We've got bodies and brains and the illusion of free will, consciousness and self.
>>
Doris Goodfoot - Sun, 16 Feb 2020 15:06:33 EST 337IwFP3 No.901626 Reply
I've thought about this plenty and believe it to be the truth of reality, but for practicality reasons I act as though it weren't the case. There's not really too much to actually think about when it comes to this idea. The central nervous system is just a system within a system of systems within systems, etc. Thoughts arise just as bubbles, flowers, or any other of the results of the interactions between components of these systems occur, They are just transient states of being, as all things are.
>>
Augustus Feffingwater - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 05:58:38 EST IvOInNBn No.901753 Reply
One other thing I've been thinking - how come I am "me" and I control myself, and you control yourself, etc - I see the world through my eyes, you see it through your eyes. The only explanation I can think of is that my physical matter must have been present in early humans, (and with the Big Bang before that) and has been passed down through to me. I don't know what matter is of primary importance whether it be cells or DNA and so on. I'm a materialist.
>>
Augustus Feffingwater - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 06:02:37 EST IvOInNBn No.901754 Reply
>>901085
>I feel as if there is an overarching theme to my thoughts (at least, depending on the circumstances of the given day). At least, there is repetition to what kinds of thoughts I have. How can that repetition explain the seemingly randomness of not actually controlling your thoughts?

Thats not hard to explain. I don't think any thoughts are random. e.g. if you put something in the oven then 30 minutes later you'll think to yourself "oh hey I need to take a look at my thing in the oven" - there's an obvious reason why you'd have that thought.

>>901529
I don't think god control is possible (unless an actual god exists or something).

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.