Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Shrooms to get passed trauma

- Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:12:32 EST UfjC/+BE No.901153
File: 1579669952445.jpg -(177559B / 173.40KB, 640x638) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Shrooms to get passed trauma
Hello /psy/ I come to with a bit of a different request.

A bit of back story; my partner, I'm going to say maybe 5-6 years ago was home alone, smoking a lot of pot, and doing whippits. Not really sure how the fuck it happened, but he started to see fractals and honest to God thought he saw what death was like (basically nothing and fractals). Ever since this he has had a slew of issues, panic attacks, anxiety, PTSD (not diagnosed but we are both fairly certain he has some of it, or something close to it), very severe depression, etc.
His younger brother killed himself two years ago, which was also a large blow to his (my partner's) psyche.
He has been in and out of therapy, having decent results that turn into shitty results because either his therapists tend to focus on work being the issue, even though he insisted he has never felt anxiety or panic from working, or suddenly started recommending hypno-therapy and some other stuff that my partner hasn't really been interested in trying (sorry I'm kind of paraphrasing here, but definitely both therapists have backed him into some of their mumbo jumbo).

My partner and I have done some drugs together, we have done molly & he's done coke with his friends, he's mostly completely fine on molly and we enjoy it together.
We did do shrooms once together, he took 3/4 of a gram and I took about 3 grams. I fucked up, I will not lie, we had been drinking, I had only ever done shrooms about twice before and it wasn't the same strain, etc. Unfortunately he ended up panicking very badly after about 5 minutes, and continued to be panicked for about an hour. It took me a while to calm him down, but after a while he actually was completely fine and was very relaxed. Of course the whole experience did not go as planned, like I said I was a bad sitter and did not do things correctly.

OK, so here is my theory, but I need opinions from strangers.

1. I really think with a small about, about 1 gram (literally one shroom) I think he can start to work through the drug trauma, seeing that it isn't real. Sometimes going through really bad drug trips you have to go through it again to understand it and get better (I sure have with Acid).
  2. We WERE able to get to a good place, but it took a while, because a lot of psychedelic is going in with a clear mind, and unfortunately he could not
  3. I'd be there with him and be able to make it a lot safer
  4. He has some incredible self loathing tendencies, he cannot honestly say he loves himself, he barely can say he's proud of anything he's done, so I have strong hope with guidance that shrooms could really help him get somewhere and LEARN something about himself, he can really struggle with this (we're taking a year to work on ourselves separately before we get back together, so I do think he will come out of it feeling a lot better about himself which is a step)

So TL;DR what I'm trying to ask is, is this something just plain stupid on my part? To try and work through the trauma with shrooms? Learning to love himself with a bit of help from mother nature?
If I'm honest I never felt true love for myself before I took acid for the first time, and I truly believe it could be a very important step -- but obviously I can only account for my experiences/friends experiences.
Please give me some advice on this if you can /psy/... Also I apologize for kind of ranting, it's hard to condense life stories.
>>
Ebenezer Cleshson - Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:43:41 EST jl4B8s9v No.901155 Reply
>>901153
Inasmuch as the drug episode you related first and all the other problems you mentioned after can be separated, I think you should be really concerned with what the fuck he was smoking or doing to have that sort of response. It just sounds completely out of the ordinary, and while I'd usually be on the lenient side of giving people psychedelics for this kind of stuff you're talking about, that first drug reaction is a huge red flag to me. Even a gram can be powerful when there is underlying stuff. I think your heart's in the right place, and I wish everyone could use psychedelics, but I think it's too risky.
>>
Ian Blatherhall - Wed, 22 Jan 2020 01:19:55 EST UfjC/+BE No.901156 Reply
>>901155
> I think you should be really concerned with what the fuck he was smoking or doing to have that sort of response. It just sounds completely out of the ordinary

I know, and a part of me is completely convinced that the weed he had was laced but I am not certain -- I did not know him back then. Whippits can be pretty fucked if you do a lot and he was doing a lot.

Even though we had done some shrooms before and after a while we got to a clear headed/relaxed space you think it is still too much of a risk?
Like I absolutely believe therapy could help you get to a better state with all of this, but I do not know how much I believe they can help him get through the trauma of such a irregular experience... Most people do not have absolute insanely bad drug trips on pot/whippits, and no he does not have any brain issues besides depression and ADHD
>>
Matilda Sazzletadge - Wed, 22 Jan 2020 20:30:26 EST FKo16bwa No.901173 Reply
>>901153
If you want him to try it again, tell him they cost money for a reason, trips have to end just the same as rollercoasters
>>
Frederick Senkinbanks - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 01:55:34 EST UfjC/+BE No.901179 Reply
>>901173
What? I am not following this at all, are you saying that because it cost money that he shouldn't worry about being high for a long time?
honestly no idea where you may be coming from here.
>>
Eugene Chebberhit - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 01:42:13 EST jl4B8s9v No.901194 Reply
>>901156
honestly I really do.
>Unfortunately he ended up panicking very badly after about 5 minutes, and continued to be panicked for about an hour. It took me a while to calm him down, but after a while he actually was completely fine and was very relaxed

I just see this going potentially SO much worse that it's not worth risking. But that's psychedelics. What about ketamine? Or MDMA if he's already okay with it? They seem to have the desired effects without the drawbacks.
>>
Martha Ferrybat - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 14:19:54 EST UfjC/+BE No.901206 Reply
>>901194
I appreciate the thought, but I feel like you're getting some things confused. The reason I couldn't calm him down for a while was because I was extremely high and sort of drunk, like I didn't know what I was doing at all, but now I do. We got to a good place.
Molly isn't the same as shrooms, they don't have the desired effect, molly is a party drug and great, shrooms are fun and can be a party drug but they can do a lot more for you than molly ever could... If you try to use molly for depression chances are you'll really fuck yourself up because you'll start using it too regularly. We both have no desire for ketamine.
>>
Henry Fanbury - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 16:10:46 EST 03Ml0xh+ No.901226 Reply
MDMA had some good effects on experiments with people with PTSD, i understand your vision with mdma OP, but perhaps you are thinking about it on the wrong settings, i've also seen lots of people who do drugs that gave me powerful insightful experiences like lsd and mescaline, as purely party drugs, don't be so eager to dismiss mdma, i can't tell for ketamine since i have no background on it, but i feel on the right set and setting, mdma could work a lot for him at least initially, psychedelics like shrooms can be too overwhelming for people dealing with trauma.
>>
Nell Cammernot - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 03:58:33 EST UfjC/+BE No.901231 Reply
>>901226
Sigh, as I have already mentioned, we have done MDMA many times already.
It is not enough. I'm not dismissing it, but it did not have the desired effects of learning to get passed trauma and love one self.
>>
Nell Cammernot - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 04:05:43 EST UfjC/+BE No.901233 Reply
I just want to make a little extra comment because I feel like the advice I am getting is advice that I wouldn't be getting if people would remember what I wrote lol. No offense, I appreciate any advice, but heres some notes from the OP:

1. We have done MDMA, it has been great, but it has not addressed any of the concerns in the OP aka trauma/self love (we have done MDMA probably 8x>)
  2. We have done shrooms before, it wasn't a full gram for him, but it was about 3 grams for me, and I was semi drunk.... That being said, I was a bad sitter and totally fucked it up because I was a noob, it took a while, but we were able to get to a calm state and he was fine
  3. I want to do shrooms with him because I feel like psychedelics can be a strong force into learning self love, and I theorize it could very possibly help with the trauma.
Moving forward; anyone who has ever had a bad drug trip and done drugs again to get through the trauma I'd love to hear from you
Anyone who has self loathed/never felt love before a shroom trip, would love to know your insights

Any years long shroom people with advice I'd love to hear it, thanks
-OP
>>
Frederick Bullysutch - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:32:57 EST 30SHdHO+ No.901235 Reply
>>901233
Advice on what? You pretty much eat the mushrooms in good set and setting and experience the ride, it may bring what you want or not, setting intention is a fine idea.

As a side note, serious drug fuck ups and psychic illness or whatever you want to call it, being fucked up after a trip in a major way can sometimes be unfucked by a breakthrough dmt trip.
>>
Alice Fubberhood - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 23:05:49 EST UfjC/+BE No.901238 Reply
>>901235
Well this is what I'm trying to figure out.... I've never done DMT myself, I don't know if it would be a good idea since it is a complete dissociative, I also doubt he'd ever agree to it. But I think with shrooms we could build up to a place and work through the trauma.

I am asking advice on if anyone has had similar experiences: 1. Going through a bad drug trip and doing drugs to work through LITERAL trauma 2. Shrooms for PTSD 3. If my theories seem to be a good idea or not
I mean obviously there is only so much research I can do since Shrooms aren't technically legal, I cannot cite studies, so I'm asking the internet because I need others experiences and advice if this is a good idea.
>>
Cedric Bovingwill - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 02:33:57 EST 30SHdHO+ No.901239 Reply
>>901238
Yeah pretty much all of the above, but I've chosen to interpret every one of my shroom experiences as healing/teaching regardless of what they were (I have a very high trust and (fearful) respect for the drug), so unless you choose to view them in the same light, your mileage may vary.
>>
Cedric Bovingwill - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 08:28:53 EST 30SHdHO+ No.901245 Reply
>>901242
I mean they can give some tough love sometimes and in a pretty major way (and I honestly believe that that is what it is, based on my experiences, it's not just an arbitrary choice to believe so and some of them were real hard), I believe I can see the subtler parts of the character and see through all the hardship and I see that in terms of an energy it's one that is much more noble than most any other types of entities, energies, possibilities that I encounter in life despite on the surface sometimes seeming like it just punishes me for no reason with the wrath of an angry god... I mean yes I choose to interpret most things positively, but I don't let things/beings drain me or take advantage of my and here I think it's definitely quite the opposite despite what it looks like on the surface.

The thing is, I may be just delusional or just choose to believe that things are a certain way because it works for me... Or I may be able to see the difficult to see part that is more subtle but more fundamental... Other people may not be as delusional or they may not be as keen to be able to recognize what is going on underneath the surface. What you believe and how you interpret things is the effect that you get from them (for the most part except some deep ingrained beliefs that you don't even know you believe like the laws of physics or chemistry). I know many people due to their better judgement or lack of discernment jump to the conclusion that some problem that arises is because of incompatibility or lack of nobleness in the energy/idea and blame their traumatic experiences as an effect of the drug, which I basically never do, so I really don't know how it may turn out for folks who do that, but for me it has always been therapeutic. Which isn't to say that I always take shrooms, I do it infrequently nowadays, but if I feel the urge and am honest with myself that my intentions are pure, I do it. The drug doesn't like sloppiness and not taking responsibility, so it can decide to teach you a lesson. It doesn't owe you anything nor does it want anything from you, it's good natured, but you are going into IT'S house, so you better be respectful and get your shit together to the best of your ability and even then you are going to surely be sloppy and ignorant, so if it's graceful to you - it's purely a blessing, because it likes the nature of you despite your distorted manifestation. Even if it doesn't like you, it's interaction with you will be only neutral or good. But by taking a large dose you sign a contract whether you do it consciously or drunkenly which says that if the mushrooms wish they have full right to spin you to infinity and never let go. We don't have anything (fundamentally we are nothing) and the mushrooms don't owe us anything, so that's the playing field. If you don't know the laws, it doesn't mean you are excused for drunk driving. utmost humbleness and carefulness is recommended.
>>
>>
Hugh Saffingchitch - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:07:37 EST eYoTp4MN No.901251 Reply
>>901245
Yep, I agree full heartedly with a lot of what you've said. Absolutely you're in that drugs territory. Luckily I've never had a bad time with shrooms, I mean I have absolutely been humbled, took 5 g and thought it would be a breeze because 1,2 was fine. Very humbling, very fun, even enjoyed doing creepy shit like fucking with my eyes and seeing shit, not the smartest but fun.

Anyway thanks for what you posted, even though I do know a lot of it, it's always a nice reminder and it's nice to hear someone else say it too.
But my ex did not have a traumatic experience on shrooms, he had a traumatic experience on whippits and weed lol, which is very different.
Cheers.
>>
Shit Blapperworth - Thu, 30 Jan 2020 00:37:32 EST jl4B8s9v No.901274 Reply
>>901251
wait he was your partner in OP and now he's your ex?
>>
Thomas Demmerspear - Sat, 01 Feb 2020 13:54:46 EST i3yt+wEf No.901334 Reply
>>901153
It's just derealization.
Look up how to cure it.
I dealt with mine of 10 months by doing exciting stuff and it was just gone.
>>
Matilda Chucklelock - Fri, 07 Feb 2020 02:25:49 EST UfjC/+BE No.901476 Reply
>>901274
Sorry it's complicated, I didn't mean to call him my ex, we're kind of in the process of getting back together, it's very complicated. Ignore me.

>>901334
C[an you be more specific, more detailed?
>>
Wesley Hepperstug - Mon, 17 Feb 2020 12:54:31 EST Y/E0rSUC No.901642 Reply
>>901476
maybe if you get back together hell be cured of every mental anguish
>>
Sidney Drankinlad - Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:54:53 EST sf0XXoAT No.901671 Reply
>>901153
mdmas empathogenic effects make it really good for nonjudegmental self reflection, and therefore when used in the right setting can be pretty therapeutic. i recently did it with a girl and it was basically a therapy session where we both talked about a whole lot of stuff that we'd been bottling.
its worth considering that while drugs like lsd and mdma have been showen to work excellently for /some/ people they arent the magic fix.
maybe look into microdosing
>>
Wesley Duttinglad - Wed, 19 Feb 2020 19:43:03 EST ZFvENz2a No.901674 Reply
Whenever I've had a bad time and started getting serious anxiety on mushrooms, it's been when I've taken less than 2 grams. Taking the amount you said that he took causes a really weird one foot in the door, one foot out effect for me. Not sure if it's a great idea for him to do psychedelics based on what you described, but if you're going to do it, do it for real, take enough so you lose yourself in the experience. You're not taking psychedelics so you can hold it together and feel a little buzz, it doesn't really work like that.
>>
Cornelius Cluckleway - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 05:12:15 EST UfjC/+BE No.901688 Reply
>>901642
Hopefully it will quell a few things for sure! We both our giddy about it, it is like we're dating all over again. Really nice so far.
>>901671
Yes, as I have said quite a few times, we have done MDMA together a bunch of times. It's great, we have had a great time, but it isn't what I'm looking for, there hasn't been the self reflection that I have hoped for.

I have considered microdosing for him, what would you consider a micro dose in grams? To me 1 gram was already almost a microdose, but I am thinking about half?

>>901674
This is a very interesting take. My main fear is that he has to be used to shrooms in some kind of capacity right? He has to know he'll be ok before he takes a couple of grams. I've always only taken about 1-2ish grams and have progressed to much higher dosages from time to time. My point is, I fear that if we do not come to a place of comfort first it will be the worst thing to go in head on. But I do think what you're saying has some place, definitely it can be "off" to do a drug halfway. I will keep it in mind, thank you

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.