Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

LSD tolerance

- Mon, 17 Feb 2020 18:59:11 EST ikREZI+9 No.901658
File: 1581983951363.gif -(366136B / 357.55KB, 500x364) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. LSD tolerance
Is there a drug similar to LSD that i won't build a tolerance to?
I like how clear everything is when i'm on it, it feels like this is what normal people have it all the time, it basically kills my enthusiasm, so i'm looking to be on it, 24/7. but after one day you build a tolerance to it like nobodies business. Any help?
>>
Betsy Nickleforth - Mon, 17 Feb 2020 21:30:29 EST 4+4oGv9u No.901660 Reply
I kind of know what you mean. I feel "numbed" or anesthetized all the time, both emotionally and physically, and LSD makes everything feel more intense.

But no. The cause of the tolerance is your own nervous system, not the drug itself. In simple terms, your receptors get tired of being bombarded by serotonin and stop responding as strongly to the neurotransmitter. Since all classical psychedelics cause their primary effects through serotonin agonism, they all have cross-tolerance.

You could try microdosing. Take a sub-threshold dose (10-25 ug in the case of LSD) every day. They say it's supposed to cause a slight change in mood and/or creativity, without the disabling effects of normal doses. While I think I'd love to be on a permanent acid trip, I don't think I'd be able to function as a normal human being.
>>
Cedric Pickford - Mon, 17 Feb 2020 22:11:20 EST c3gflUrd No.901661 Reply
1581995480984.jpg -(90191B / 88.08KB, 577x433) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>901658
Meditate.

That clarity is what it feels like to be fully aware, mindful, in the present moment, to cultivate sati, w/e you want to call it. Meditation is just brain training to cultivate that state of clarity (which often brings with it peace, joy and compassion all on it's own) so that it becomes more readily accessible to you and slowly permeates more and more of your life. The first few months (maybe even year+ if you're not diligent in your practice) you won't even be sure it,s actually accomplishing anything. But after a year or so, little subtle changes in you begin to manifest. They might be pointed out by people around you before you yourself notice these changes. Eventually you start keying into these moments of pure awareness. not ioften, just a few times a day, maybe a few moments. but then it'll be several times, and dozens of times a day. They'll last longer. Then one day you'll notice that there's been a shift in your day to day experience. it might be after one sudden event, it might be more subtle and gradual, but you'll notice that your everyday experience is vastly different than when you first embarked on this journey. there's now a deep sense of peace, tranquility in the ''background'' of your conscious experience, always there. At times you become distracted, scatter brained and forget it briefly. but it's always there, just waiting fot you to tap into it, just waiting for you to remember. To remember the present moment, to remember to rest in awareness. At which point, congratulations, you've had some level of awakening. But there is no Enlightenment (yet?), awakening is a process.
Keep on practicing, and you'll find even deeper, clearer awareness. Or so I've been told, havent gone further than that yer. Only been at this for 4 years though, and surprised at my progress. i always thought meditation was bogus, but that even if it was legit any breakthrough would be a pipe dream or at the very least decades down the line. But awakening is a real thing, it's in the realm of human experience, and something any one can achieve if they so wished

For anyone who cares here's a link to a Buddhist Geeks podcast where they talk about research being done at John Hopkins with long time meditators doing /psy/'s for the first time. https://podtail.com/en/podcast/buddhist-geeks/trippin-at-johns-hopkins/
>>
Sidney Drankinlad - Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:26:02 EST sf0XXoAT No.901669 Reply
>>901658
micro dose on a day on 2 days off basis, about 10ug. this worked for me in terms of clarity, for the first couple weeks i was absolute ecstatic with a feeling like "wow this is what normal people feel like". although like the anon just before said, meditation will do it too, and it'll be safer. micro dosing has almost the same effects as meditation

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.