Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Has this ever happened to you?

- Sun, 23 Feb 2020 21:39:29 EST ikREZI+9 No.901748
File: 1582511969721.jpg -(118519B / 115.74KB, 1300x865) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Has this ever happened to you?
After trying acid, (only 100ug, it seemed pretty strong) I lost the ability to enjoy music.

Although not entirely, i just don't seem to like anything, i can appreciate it for the effort, but not mindlessly like before, it just seems not good. I don't know how to describe it, nothing sounds good anymore. Maybe i just listen to shit music? but then i don't know what would be good music now, everything seems just as bad as what i was listening to.

So i'm just wondering if any of you have run into this problem, people are always recommending that you listen to music while under the influence of pretty much every drug, i gave it a try and i just don't like it anymore, I listened to music while high on marijuana in the past and it was great, but now, years later, i try while on lsd and it all sounds so bad.

Any idea of what's going on? Has it happened to anyone else and did they fix it? i only found one other instance of this on a circlejerk thread after googling, but his situation is different, he never liked music to begin with, now i'm thinking maybe i didn't either, who knows.

...You know how when you take lsd, you get something like hyper focus? like in a video game where you hold a button and everything turns grey but the things of interest light up? Well when i listened to music it just felt grey and valueless/uninteresting, like all the other grey things, it "killed my high" that's the best way i can describe it.
Problem is, now that i'm sober and it's been several days, music is still gray and absent of any meaning. What the hell?
>>
Rebecca Grandway - Sun, 23 Feb 2020 22:03:07 EST cCSn6ieK No.901749 Reply
1582513387107.jpg -(76550B / 74.76KB, 1600x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
For me, it has been the other way around - doing acid made me appreciate music more. However, I wasn't - and still aren't - a music lover of any sorts.

Maybe you should try listening to new music? Something other than your usual artists/genres? You could also try buying better gear, like fancy new headphones, or something. That has helped me at least, because I now prefer subtlety and nuance more. And can't go back to "full blast" with terrible EQ and compression.
>>
Samuel Smallhood - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 00:35:15 EST fpb7vAp0 No.901750 Reply
Sounds like you listen to some shit music OP
>>
Priscilla Breffingville - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:10:32 EST a/pY4loN No.901760 Reply
>>901750
Possible I don't even know anymore.
I liked polyphia, chon, Guthrie Govan. Basically anything that didn't have lyrics in it, would also listen to Japanese stuff, like Wednesday Campanella or anime Ops, I guess I do have bad taste, but what would constitute good music, next time I suck on some blotter, what should I listen to? I rap music seems a little cheesy to me, but I'm willing to try anything honestly, just don't know what would be good while not sober.
I'm starting to think honestly that people are only pretending like they enjoy music while on lsd, I don't understand how you could even.
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:53:25 EST EVGq6g0p No.901761 Reply
>>901760
Listen to Beethoven syphonies on super hi fi setup. Try different orchestras and conductors. Sooner or later you will get it and enjoy it very much. That stuff isn't for every mood, but it's good quality and you'd be surprized how nice it can be even when it doesn't seem like the most likely fit.

Other than that, take a bunch of acid and try some goa like filteria filtertraces, ra 9th etc These are really nice music.
>>
Terror Incognito - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:20:08 EST EPbpJmPQ No.901762 Reply
1582561208438.jpg -(75118B / 73.36KB, 700x828) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>901760

Chon is pretty amazing. They're one of my favourite bands.
>>
Reuben Pongerbet - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:29:43 EST 4+4oGv9u No.901764 Reply
>>901760
>I'm starting to think honestly that people are only pretending like they enjoy music while on lsd
Nah, man. Listening to my usual songs while on acid gives me some pretty wild euphoria. Honestly for me I'd have to say it's comparable to orgasm, only even better because it lasts for hours.
Besides that it's like hearing them for the first time and like I'm better able to appreciate the different layers of complexity in the sound, although in that state it's often difficult to separate the song from auditory hallucinations.

>what would constitute good music
There's no such thing as "good" or "bad" music. At best we can put it in a spectrum of complexity.
But what you really want is not complex or simple music, but music that you like, and no one can tell you what that is. If you find that you no longer like the music you liked then all you can do is try different genres until you find something that moves you.
Or you can accept that you longer like music and find something else to enjoy.
>>
Priscilla Weffingsadging - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:53:45 EST Y/E0rSUC No.901769 Reply
>>901748
you have to make your own music and refine it for years. most people listen to shitty music , i also listen to shitty music but its my shitty music
>>
Priscilla Weffingsadging - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:55:03 EST Y/E0rSUC No.901770 Reply
>>901762
chon is talented but i dont like chon it just sounds like BIDDLY BUDDAH BOODADIDDLY DUNUNHUH , i feel like it doesnt have soul its just a bunch of biddly but thats just me
>>
chon hater/ polyphia hater - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:59:16 EST Y/E0rSUC No.901771 Reply
>>901748
i feel like its polyphia and chon that are valueless and uninteresting, those guys are good at playing guitar but it doesnt mean they make good music. i dont feel the music i jsut hear it and thats what im saying. my cousin took 2c b at a marshmallow concert and said OH MAN I CANT ENJOY MUSIC ANYMORE and its like no dude youre just listening to not great music
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:30:00 EST EVGq6g0p No.901774 Reply
>>901764
This. Some music made me feel much better than any orgasm I've ever had and as mentioned it lasted for hours and bonus points it felt sexual af maybe even more than with any woman I've ever been with. The first paragraph by this dude is pretty spot on.

Second paragraph is full of falseness tho. Like for example you don't really know what you may want on an acid trip and something that usually may sounds bland may sound like god to you on acid and be much more enjoyable than some stupid jolly african-american rap that you are used to. I don't want to get involved in a discussion about it as I have said it's full of falseness.
>>
Simon Sennernodge - Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:32:32 EST 4+4oGv9u No.901776 Reply
>>901774
I think maybe we're answering different questions. I think OP is concerned that they may no longer be able to enjoy music, and thus wants to know what they can listen to soberly, not specifically during a trip. Otherwise, I agree that it's difficult to predict how you will perceive something on a trip, not just while you're sober but even from one trip to the next.
>>
John Hibbleridge - Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:49:54 EST o/OnKyOL No.901823 Reply
>but not mindlessly like before

If you were listening to music mindlessly before maybe you never really were that much of a fan. I honestly feel sorry for you, OP. Listening to music on psychedelics has given me some of the most euphoric moments of my life. It's like I can feel the music with every fiber of my being and can 100% empathize with what the artist was feeling when creating it. It's actually a big reason for me even taking psychedelics.
>>

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.