Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Mushrooms and Religious experiences

- Tue, 25 Feb 2020 22:42:53 EST 5g7At23a No.901792
File: 1582688573993.jpg -(5651B / 5.52KB, 201x251) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Mushrooms and Religious experiences
Hey,

Really don't post much but I have a question. I've been searching all over Google for people with similar experiences but I've got no results.

I was camping with my friends this weekend and we did shrooms. Really good shrooms. I had visuals for the first time ever. The stars in the sky turned into Odin and he looked down at me and told me he was entertained. He then turned into a spider, then a fox, and then back into Odin. We went on a walk and Odin followed me all around the park. Anyone get contacted by a god from a religion (any) while on shrooms or psychodelics before? Anyone ever talk to Odin before?
>>
Oliver Bunfuck - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 17:37:22 EST MU5DQUTc No.901800 Reply
yeah fucking loads of people, google harder
>>
Cornelius Ducklock - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 15:32:37 EST FmcvfRo2 No.901838 Reply
Some speculate that the revelatory experiences and prophetic visions of damn near all religious texts are an attempt to translate things learned/told to them by deities, spirits, or other beings
>>
Cornelius Ducklock - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 15:37:18 EST FmcvfRo2 No.901839 Reply
>>901838
Whoops hit the submit button accidentally

Cont: that can’t be experienced by our senses in normal day to day life, so very well may be aided by whatever their regions available hallucinogen was. Sometimes it’s heavily alluded to in the text itself, other times not so much, but it is a powerful argument when you really delve into it. Some even believe in something called “stoned ape theory”, which to my understanding is the belief that hallucinogens aided human beings in coming into the level of consciousness that we experience today. It’s a fascinating topic imo
>>
Emma Dennergold - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:39:17 EST c3gflUrd No.901840 Reply
>>901839
>aided by whatever their regions available hallucinogen was
It goes far beyond mere hallucinogens. Just about every major religion has some form of contemplative practice and mysticism, whether it be the obvious ones like Buddhism and Hinduism with meditation and yoga, or the abrahamic religions with Sufis in islam, christian mysticism common to the desert fathers (and later Meister Eckhart and Theresa of Avila), Jewish Kaballah, daoist meditation and tai chi, you name it.

If you take the time to read up on the experiences described by Sufis when practicing Muraquabah, or Christians with Kenosis or the holy spirit (''illumination''), or hindu's with Jhanas and Moksha, and compare them to your own psychedelic experiences, you realize that we are tapping into something primal within human experience. Of course, then people try and conceptualize the unconceptual and create all these branches/distortions of what it ''is'. This leads some to say they're perversions of something that shouldn't be conceptualized and creates divisions and conflict detrimental to progress, some on the contrary might argue that the more paths there are to this ''thing'' (or ''no thing''?), the more it becomes a way for even more people to access it through a lens they're more likely to be receptive to, as in the concept of Zen Dharma Doors

My path is the Buddha's personally (and that bias shows in many of my posts on this board), though I started with the Shamanic route (Shit, I didn't even broach shamanism!). But honestly when it became obvious to me that I didn't need /psy/'s to progress on this path and that there was this whole other dimension to living within my reach, it really blew my mind and ultimately lead to more consistent, permanent changes in my experience of being that I could never have anticipated in my psychedelic warrior days.

Not that I don't think the occasional trip isn't beneficial, but I rarely trip more than once a year, if even that. I simply don't feel the need, as whatever it is I'm trying to find is usually already right here, right now, at any time or place.

Such a fascinating topic for me personally, though really hard to find people willing to talk about it. It's usually people with overlapping niche interests (like psychedelic buddhists) who talk about it. Most people just assume you're a nut, or religious zealot or some shit, because I'm talking about experiences so far out of the realm of the average persons life (which itself fills me with sadness)

I'm probably just rambling into the void again though, so I'll stop here.
>>
Emma Dennergold - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:40:25 EST c3gflUrd No.901842 Reply
>>901840
Weird. I posted a picture with that post. When i try and make a new post to add the picture it says I can't reupload it? nb.
>>
Ernest Puddlechick - Mon, 02 Mar 2020 22:34:39 EST LywZUfmH No.901900 Reply
I've experienced genuine religious experiences based on the gods and demons from The Elder Scrolls videogames.

It was fucking amazing, because it really stripped down what the religious experience is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see shit like Greek gods, Lord of the Rings stuff or say divine being from Dragonball, because the brain doesn't care if you believe in gods or not. It'll just look for divine beings in your brain, make you hallucinate them, and it shoves so much euphoria down your gullet, YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY FEEL LIKE IT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
>>
Sidney Gepperstock - Tue, 03 Mar 2020 09:38:12 EST 337IwFP3 No.901906 Reply
>>901792
>and we did shrooms. Really good shrooms. I had visuals for the first time ever.
Wait, you mean to tell me that you've done shrooms before and didn't experience any visuals prior to this experience? I mean yeah, being contacted by a god means the shrooms were indeed pretty good, but it sounds like all the other shrooms you've taken before were pretty bunk if they didn't even give you visuals of any kind.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.