Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Cross Tolerance?

- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 07:08:59 EST 5btRdlr+ No.901795
File: 1582718939428.jpg -(57282B / 55.94KB, 448x334) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Cross Tolerance?
Around 2AM Sunday morning my girlfriend and I each ate 1 gram of dried mushrooms. Then on Monday, we each took 3 tabs of acid but didn't trip very much. Could the mushrooms have caused a tolerance or was it weak acid?
>>
Nicholas Snodbanks - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 08:17:31 EST zOZos08p No.901796 Reply
it was the mushrooms
>>
Fucking Pingerkatch - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:24:21 EST zCS5uZfH No.901799 Reply
All classical psychedelics (LSD, psilocin, bufotenin, DMT, mescaline, etc.) exhibit cross-tolerance with each other. You can't cheat your 5-HT2A receptors.
>>
Basil Hangerket - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 13:11:34 EST 89YfQSMw No.901835 Reply
>>901799
Interestingly enough, I wonder if you could build up your 5HTx receptor tolerance and then take LSD purely for the dopaminergic effects. Perhaps a safe stimulant?
>>
Phineas Brabblehall - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:41:40 EST zOZos08p No.901843 Reply
>>901835
that would be prohibitively expensive, plus that's the entire point of microdosing, there's a pretty low ceiling to LSD's dopaminergic effects, taking more doesn't do anything for you
>>
Graham Honeygold - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 03:14:49 EST rTdo7yKR No.901844 Reply
>>901795
There is definately a total cross tolerance between the two. The dose could have been actually dosed pretty well but had little effect after the shrooms, even at just a gram the night before. That's basically how it goes. You could do it the other way around and do one dose one night then 3 4 grams of shrooms, or more the next and the outcome would be likely be the pretty much the same. Mostly uneventful.
>>
James Billingwell - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 15:53:12 EST 337IwFP3 No.901853 Reply
>>901835
Here lately I've had a pretty consistent hookup for shrooms and acid, I buy it off a coworker. My stupid drug addict ass usually can't help but take upwards of 2-3g of shrooms or 2-3 hits of acid the day that i get it, and I usually get a half ounce of shrooms and either a strip or two strips of acid. I sometimes even wind up taking it multiple days throughout the week at work despite it wrecking my tolerance and knowing my tolerance is already wrecked.

Based on my experience, I wouldn't say LSD is a very good stimulant alternative. it provides some moderate stimulation and moderate antidepressant./mood boosting effects, but that's about it. Same goes for shrooms, minus the stimulation.
>>
James Billingwell - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 15:59:35 EST 337IwFP3 No.901854 Reply
>>901853
It's worth mentioning that I'm prescribed 30mg cymbalta, although I'm not particularly great about taking it as regularly as I should (or in the proper dose... even though it fucks with the time release mechanism, sometimes I dump upwards of half to 2/3 of it out because of interactions it has with supplements I regularly take and occasionally drugs I take too, namely phenibut and racetams along with amphetamines every 3 or so weeks).

This should help explain the doses I get away with taking at work, although I won't say I haven't been tripping some straight nutsack some of the time (I took a 5 oz bottle of delsym the night before going to work one of the days i took 3 hits of acid and tripped my cock off somewhat unintentionally).

That said, the cymbalta itself should simulate having a greater tolerance to shrooms and acid because the downregulation of serotonin receptors it causes, meaning the dopamine agonist effects of the LSD should be more apparent, if not more pronounced. I'd say that makes me somewhat uniquely qualified (well, at least more so) as a test subject.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.