Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Movies/documentaries to watch while tripping?

- Sat, 21 Mar 2020 05:29:12 EST JruxM5X4 No.902167
File: 1584782952918.jpg -(40820B / 39.86KB, 350x461) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Movies/documentaries to watch while tripping?
Hey there!

Got any great movies/documentaries to recommend watching while tripping?
Thinking of taking 1 or 2 tabs today and combining that with some good MJ at home.
>>
Charlotte Burrykeck - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:57:57 EST fpb7vAp0 No.902172 Reply
Baraka. Trust me on this one.
>>
Martha Cavingbury - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 13:49:56 EST qYqhblK5 No.902177 Reply
>>902174
my neighbor totoro was not a good one, very slow and uneventful dodge this one
>>
Priscilla Pungerfield - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 13:52:01 EST Yzf2kwQX No.902178 Reply
>>902177
To me, Totoro is the quintessential magical realism movie. Totoro is one of my top Miyazaki.
>>
Edward Fendlefodging - Sun, 29 Mar 2020 01:43:59 EST ikREZI+9 No.902282 Reply
If anyone seeing this thread is interested in watching something while on lsd, i highly recommend elfen lied. Typically you'd watch that anime and be put off by how cheesy it seems, but it's actually genious. Every line is amazing.

The show is described as a psychological thriller or something, but the truth is that it's a comedy, a comedy about two main characters from a hentai universe being placed in a psychological drama anime universe. It's really interesting, you're sitting there watching it, listening to the cringe lines and then you realize that's being done on purpose. It's weird that everywhere you look it says that it's a psychological drama or thriller, that's just because of the gore, but it's a comedy and it's so masterfully done, this hidden comedy. There's no other anime out there like it either, nothing else like it exists, it's just this hidden gem that gets dismissed. If you've already seen it, it's worth a second viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaN1rZrYjVk

Just look at the intro, this anime was meant to be watched while on lsd.
>>
Walter Grimworth - Sun, 29 Mar 2020 17:07:59 EST KiQpiV+Z No.902294 Reply
>>902167
Fear and Loathing is perfect for lsd. Same with the Holy Mountain, though that can get a little intense.
>>
Isabella Crorringcocke - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:11:09 EST XN0uDE9p No.902393 Reply
>>902172
Bro, I came here just to say that.. BARAKA.

Oh man, that's my favorite on a healthy dose of 'shrooms.
>>
Augustus Bondlespear - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 02:27:15 EST jl4B8s9v No.902394 Reply
>>902167
Heard really good things about Baraka. Personally recommending Microcosmos.
>>
Ebenezer Fancocke - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 08:36:56 EST IvOInNBn No.902395 Reply
I thought LSD would be shit for movies... Idk about mushrooms/4-AcO-DMT. DXM is amazing for movies on the 2nd plat, I haven't found anything better. I watched a movie on DXM and a 50ug LSD the other night and the LSD distorted it way too much. Idk if DPH would add anything to the experience. I never add DPH to my music and darkness trips but maybe it would make a movie a bit darker and the sound a bit deeper.
>>
Nathaniel Pobbleway - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 18:53:55 EST c3gflUrd No.902399 Reply
>>902394
Baraka, Samsara, Koyaanisquatsy, anything involving Ron Fricke really
>>
Nathaniel Pobbleway - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 18:55:40 EST c3gflUrd No.902400 Reply
>>902395
4-aco and shrooms are sedating unlike just about every other psych out there, so if you're stuck at home tripping due to snow or w/e, they work great for movies. That being said, your ability to follow a plot will undoubtedly be severely diminished, so choose your media wisely
>>
>>
Lydia Micklegold - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 22:25:32 EST AG1H8fhU No.902401 Reply
>>902400
This. Not a good time to watch Momento.

Check out spirited away if you havent seen it even if you are not an anime fan.
>>
Caroline Tootford - Fri, 10 Apr 2020 16:10:48 EST VeTCRbSp No.902406 Reply
>>902395
I feel like LSD lasting so long makes it a bit better for movies in the sense that you wouldn't be dedicating half your trip to a movie if you choose to watch one. But maybe that's my perpetual indecisiveness talking.

Also I haven't tested it tripping but I have to imagine Redline would be a fun time. Certainly great sober and with weed.
>>
Hannah Bronningwill - Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:23:00 EST KYqV2/6k No.902447 Reply
1586902980774.jpg -(17067B / 16.67KB, 300x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Samsara, Waking Life, Fear and Loathing, Lego Movie. Check out This is Not Happening series from comedy central, it's on Youtube. A lot of the stories are about tripping and they are hilarious. Watch the Dark Side of the Rainbow. It's The Wizard of Oz synced the Dark Side of the Moon.

It's also fun to watch planet earth or high definition nature documentaries with the sound muted while playing your favorite album. You can watch slugs fucking to Shpongle.
>>
Charles Dragglenine - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 01:16:18 EST jl4B8s9v No.902469 Reply
>>902447
Coming back to second Waking Life and add Akira Kurosawa's Yume/Dreams
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 18:36:18 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.902477 Reply
1587162978062.jpg -(126288B / 123.33KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>902469
2001 space odysey
waking life
the fountain
akira
the matrix
nausicaa
XRA if you don't mind dark but lighthearted humor
Koe No Katachi
Uncut.Gems.2019
fightclub
first disney movie

All of these are interesting, but I'd say these are most for tripping:

waking life
the fountain
the matrix
nausicaa
Akira (dark, but if you've been far, it may have been much darker so instead of being dark this just seems like a beautiful artistic tale about something much darker which in turn makes it very beautiful and good). Twelve Monkeys is trippy and IMO not gloomy, I like the actor I guess. Animatrix is a bit dark, but beautiful in the end, so if you can handle that you might enjoy it.

For documentaries which you can watch without sound:
planet earth
frozen planet

Poorer quality, but certainly food for thought and very trippy if you think about it is Prestige
Vanilla sky is trippy, but a bit gloomy. Apocalypse now is also gloomy but quite interesting.

If you want hollywood entertainment that is not as horribly bad as the new marvel movies:
Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
First startrek movie
Edge of Tomorrow

Many decent movies made from 80s up to 2010, even very enjoyable, but dunno if worthy of psys unless low dose which is whatever. You have to take decent doses to get lost in a film.
If you don't mind very dark vibes you may enjoy A Scanner Darkly, which is one of the few movies that made the book justice I think. And on that note you can check out all PKD adoptions to cinema. Adjustment Bureau is a nice romantic film.

Many of these may not be a good idea on psys, but some interesting films while sober or maybe even tripping. But I'd probably rather look at trees blowing in the wind and the sun shining and the clouds flowing rather than these things. But the Fountain and Nausicaa are very lovely movies, very archetypal (which immediately makes them trippy) and very lighthearted and just amazing pieces of art. I do psys so rarely now, that I'd rather listen to music and watch baraka or some nature documentary instead. Ashes and snow in the same vein. Indeed in all of cinema very few movies are actually worth your time on psys, very few movies are made from the heart and made REALLY REALLY fucking well. Making a good movie as as hard as making a good story which is extremely complex and insane but to add to that you have to also be in the money and have the industrial skills of henry ford or something to actually produce it. And there are many more dimensions to take care of than in a book which already has infinite dimensions to take care of and if you miss one you just blow the whole movie. Unlike music. There is quite a bit of music straight from the heart through the ears into your heart that is so epicly good that you may as well call it perfect in it's own right... I have so much good music it blows my fucking head off. In terms of quantity of quite high quality movies actually made from the heart with good acting you may find a lot of them around 2000 and after 2010 it's like barely one good movie made apart from some pretty cool but not that noteworthy animations. Well some disney stuff is pretty nice I guess...

Don't mind that this following list includes some rather meh movies, they are still better than most anything in the 2010s onwards.

Lawrence
Aviator
Prestige
American Beauty
Yesterday
before i fall
Big Lebowski
incredibles 2
Spiderverse
bad leautenant
As Good as It Gets (1997)
eternal sunshine
vanilla sky
apocalypse now
grave of butterflies
barefoot gen
fightclub
o brother where
lots of disney
Jacob’s ladder
memento
A scanner darkly
Baraka Samsara chronos qatsi
planet earth
frozen planet (Egles rodytas Blue Planet?) our planet, one strage rock.

many many anime

Joe Black
One flew over the cookoos nest
Donnie Darko,
Drive,
No Country for Old Men
There will be Blood
Devil's advocate
K-Pax
Twelve Monkeys
Cloud Atlas
The Shining

alexander 300

the Animatrix
or the Nolan Batman movies
Lain
fEar n lot?

Pi
Requem for a dream
12 monkeys
Revolver?
sin city
blade runner
Melancholia?
American Psycho,
There will be blood,
Star Trek
Lawrence of arabia??
The Fall?
the beach
Tree of life
wonder boys 2000

XRA
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 19:14:23 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.902478 Reply
>>902477
Excuse me:*
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans may not be for tripping but the most beautiful performance from cage IMO. Many Kubricks movies are interesting, but I wouldn't watch Clockwork or the army one on psys. Eyes wide shut is a great movie tho. Nothing made me laugh and smile more than Waking life though on psychedelics, that was a bit gloomy, but in the right mood it made me so joyful to watch it actually. Great movie in many ways, but not for everyone and not in every case for sure.
Primer is interesting and I don't agree that you are bound to have trouble following the plot on psys. You may have to pause sometimes to digest everything, but you can actually follow it much more than sober or at least in much more detail. It may take effort, but if the movie is good the curiosity will take care of that.

BTW Koe No Katachi is a great story and the drawing is the most beautiful of probably any anime I've ever seen. It's emotional and real IMO.

BTW Am I the only one surprised at the amount of movies I've seen (almost all in the last 30 years that are noteworthy and high budget) and the amount of them that were actually good and even smaller portion of those that were actually lighthearted and cheerful instead of gloomy?

But to recap: The Fountain and Nausicaa are very worthy and quite universally great for any person in any mood. Except if you take psys purely for entertainment. The fountain is about death, but it's not dark at all IMO, very warm, very human.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 07:45:04 EST bDYMg8HY No.902482 Reply
>>902478
Ya know man I've disagreed with you a great many times and I'm about to now, BUT those are all solid choices . And while we may have argued in the past this large showing of your taste tells me that we would have been friends, maybe even good friends, if we had ever met in person. All your suggestions are golden sir and if we disagreed on scientific points I guess it was differing points of unproven conjecture anyways. Many hugs to you for all of those and to anyone reading who hasn't seen anything listed, fucking WATCH them well. I will say if you're willing to explore sorrow and suffering in a broken system watch A Clockwork Orange, it is still VERY relevant today, and on psys you'll feel it in your soul in a way very few willunderstand.
>>
Awe' !!Bwteoy2D - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 08:08:59 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.902483 Reply
1587211739013.jpg -(498046B / 486.37KB, 1919x1219) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>902482
Hey, thanks man, mutual respect. Certainly not all of them are really worthy of watching for everyone especially on psys, but there certainly are some interesting movies in that list. Talking of interesting movies I really loved The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Again maybe not for psys, but a great movie nevertheless I'd say.
>>
John Hottingstone - Mon, 20 Apr 2020 01:43:16 EST jl4B8s9v No.902514 Reply
Back AGAIN to maybe suggest The Holy Mountain.
>>902478
Going to make a point of watching The Fountain soon. Thanks for the effortpost.
>>902482
Might have to check this out too. But is the book better?
>>
Betsy Gaggleworth - Mon, 20 Apr 2020 02:07:14 EST zOZos08p No.902515 Reply
1587362834248.jpg -(221223B / 216.04KB, 975x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

legitimately it's really hard to explain what this does to you if you suspend disbelief and take it for face value while on acid, but I definitely feel it, about half my friends do and if you look through the comments every so often you'll find one saying how amazing it is to watch while tripping

it's unironically a postmodern masterpiece
>>
Augustus Fobbercocke - Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:34:59 EST jl4B8s9v No.902528 Reply
>>902521
Fair enough, I should have specified I meant better on its own merits without the context of tripping. Speaking of, I found reading good books to be pretty great on psychedelics such as the last episode of Ulysses and the mind-melting Molly Boom and the end of Point Counterpoint. How do you guys feel about it? Probably sort of like I do: a kind of equanimity; if it's something you enjoy normally, you'll enjoy it when tripping.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Tue, 21 Apr 2020 06:41:32 EST O61PecZf No.902530 Reply
>>902514
Not The Holy Mountain again. You'd be better off with any Ghibli movie.
>>
>>
John Bumbledatch - Mon, 18 May 2020 13:29:04 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.903070 Reply
1589822944794.jpg -(621522B / 606.96KB, 3000x2065) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>902530
Gotta agree, that movie is at best for half glancing while baked with good friends. At worst it's archive material and not for actually watching. I understand there are many movies made these days that may seem far more shallow and unimaginative and that stuff too is solely archive material, but that mountain fluff is just whatever man. I'd probably find more significant patterns and ideas in random clouds than in that movie.

Find a good ant movie instead

Or something really nice and chill is dick proenneke Alone in the Wilderness (2004) and second part (2011)

If you want a fictional movie... the machinist is interesting, but not a happy movie per se.
>>
Priscilla Pickspear - Mon, 18 May 2020 16:21:35 EST 7KsyZsee No.903073 Reply
fear and loathing in Vegas and Enter The Void cause bad trips
>>
Fanny Bronderdock - Mon, 18 May 2020 17:45:41 EST KYqV2/6k No.903076 Reply
>>903073

Enter the Void maybe, Fear and Loathing is fucking hilarious.
>>
Cornelius Nuffingdat - Fri, 22 May 2020 01:12:59 EST bjFMveHI No.903189 Reply
The new acid documentary on Netflix was a joy to watch as the comeup was hitting

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.