Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Possible to just have a high tolerance?

- Mon, 25 May 2020 20:18:47 EST Tvb9+y7m No.903286
File: 1590452327903.jpg -(38045B / 37.15KB, 627x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Possible to just have a high tolerance?
Is it possible to simply have a high tolerance to psychedelics? I've only ever had one real trip a few years ago, but have taken mushrooms some 20 times in the years since then and only experienced a moderate high (no visualizations, just more intense color). I got different mushrooms recently after being out for some months and had the same experience at 5g of this "super strong" strain (penis envy wtf). My dealer told me that everyone else who has tried it has loved it. I had a similar experience with a 100mcg LSD dose as well.

So am I just lacking in some serotonin receptors or something? Bunk mushrooms? I'm rather a newbie with psychedlics, so I'd appreciate any input.
>>
Cyril Murdway - Mon, 25 May 2020 22:51:44 EST 9JchIYMz No.903291 Reply
>>903286
Yes, some people are naturally less sensitive to serotonergic psychedelics. If you're not on any prescription drugs, that sounds like what's happening to you. The variety doesn't matter; at 5 grams you should be getting a fairly intense trip.

If you want to test the mushrooms, it's quite simple. Just find someone willing to trip and both of you take the same amount, then compare your experiences. Don't give them 5 grams unless they've used mushrooms before. Start at 2-3 grams.
>>
Jack Sovingmad - Tue, 26 May 2020 15:24:14 EST 9XyRCa2i No.903308 Reply
>>903286
>>903299
SSRIs will reduce efficacy of /psy/s, but it is also possible to be naturally more tolerant than other people. People call it "hard headed."
>>
Augustus Dengerdale - Tue, 26 May 2020 16:49:29 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.903309 Reply
>>903286
MOST CUBENSIS ARE THE SAME IN POTENCY FOR THE MOST PART. Yeah some people just need more to trip. I am one of them. But never underestimate psys. Never take more than twice of what you have already done. In case of lsd and other synth that means every batch. If you want to reliably trip your balls off you may take 7-8 grams of mushrooms. If that's not it then 10-13 and at that point even if you don't knock on the gates of heaven you will surely trip which is what you are looking for, m'irite?
>>
Esther Worthingforth - Wed, 27 May 2020 12:00:49 EST aYWUsX88 No.903317 Reply
>>903309
>MOST CUBENSIS ARE THE SAME IN POTENCY FOR THE MOST PART.
Get the fuck out of here
>>
Wesley Climmlesot - Thu, 28 May 2020 14:58:22 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.903352 Reply
>>903317
relative to weed let's just say.

Cubes are much more the same in potency. Strains barely matter at all. Freshly picked mushrooms of similar size will be of similar potency in new york as they are in Beijing. Experiences vary wildly unlike with weed, but potency is more or less the same. I'm not newfagging here + I've grown mushrooms at least 4 or 5 times.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sun, 31 May 2020 01:56:43 EST O61PecZf No.903410 Reply
>>903352
This is actually true penis envy was a meme about a strong batch and only cyanescens or whatever there called are stronger by weight, BUT they look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different and hit faster and harder but all the same.
>>
Alice Brossleridge - Sun, 31 May 2020 05:28:45 EST 337IwFP3 No.903411 Reply
>>903286
I seem to have a similar problem. Randomly I'll have an intense trip rife with hallucinations and other mental trippiness every so often, but typically my response to psychedelics that friends of mine take (from the same source) is much more subdued and mundane a good portion of the time.

Like, I'll get the most basic perceptual effects on vision like brighter and more saturated colors, some tracers, some minor distortions, and I'll also get some mental trippiness that winds up being more like a bit of impaired confusion than actually being trippy. Usually for the first hour or two after the peak of whatever I take, I cycle between waves of slightly more trippiness and hallucinations, but they seem to go as quickly as they come.

The problem is that I've as of yet come up with a reasonable hypothesis for what the cause is, or any of the factors that contribute to it (other than tolerance from recently taking a psychedelic that is, because if I'm foolish enough to trip again before at least a week passes, it doesn't really matter how much I take, the trip is basically nil... which is in contrast with my experiences in the past, like 6 or 7 years ago, where I could redose within 3 days and get q diminished effect, but not so diminished that I couldn't just take more and still trip pretty hard). Like I said, sometimes I trip my cock off like I used to 6-7 years ago, but I'm not able to predict when it will happen at all. It's why I stopped fucking around with RC psychedelics, because I got 1P-LSD and 4-AcO-DMT from reputable sources a whiel back, and I took what most websites and most people claim are pretty heavy doses right off the bat. I took 60mg 4-AcO-DMT the first time, followed by 100mg a week later, and it barely did anything more than what about 2.5-3g of decent-mids shrooms would do. Similarly, I took 400 micrograms of 1P-LSD the first and only time I got it, and I only experienced a trip of pretty much that same exact intensity... 2.5-3g of okay shrooms.

Since I don't know when I'll actually have a legit trip experience, RCs are just too much hassle to be worth it. Luckily a guy I work with gets shrooms from time to time and gets LSD pretty regularly, otherwise I wouldn't be tripping at all.
>>
Jarvis Donkinnit - Sun, 31 May 2020 05:52:35 EST ol3lKwZ/ No.903412 Reply
>>903410
Well yeah sure, azurescens too. Those are the strongest psyli of all IIRC. Still it's around a 50% difference or so, nothing too crazy.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Sun, 31 May 2020 08:52:45 EST O61PecZf No.903416 Reply
>>903412
Yep and thats what I keep telling people. Though I did eat about 6 grams of some cyanescens once and it hit like a freight train. Knocked me on my ass like 10gs of some middling cubes or 20g of m hostilis.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.