Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Is my friend schizophrenic?

- Sun, 19 Jul 2020 14:10:42 EST 0yjdVKBE No.904166
File: 1595182242483.jpg -(308012B / 300.79KB, 750x897) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Is my friend schizophrenic?
About a month ago, a few of my friends and I went to a very lowkey festival in the middle of nowhere (don’t ask me, I don’t even know how they got away with that) and my friend, we’ll call him Bobby, has been acting very strange since.

For reference, he took a gel tab that was supposedly 350ug and an ecstasy pill. We were all having a very good time but about an hour in he looked at us and said “I think I’m about to have an ego death” we all gave him hugs and told him he’d be fine. And he ended up riding it out and everything was ok. He did not experience ego-dissolution either. But he has in the past.

In the following days, we started to notice changes in his speech. Every conversation he had with anybody turned into a diatribe about being at “full peace” with whatever you’re doing. Everything he was saying was true and made perfect sense, but it started to bug us because literally every conversation turned into this. We had no idea that perhaps something much more significant was going on.

Fast forward about a week and I start talking to him on PS4. He tells me that when he was trying to sleep the night before he was on the verge of ego death. Completely sober. He had stopped smoking prior to this due to other symptoms. I told him that he should probably get that checked out, but I wasn’t too concerned because for the most part he was perfectly fine. The next day, his cousin, my best friend, is calling me at 7am telling me I need to talk to Bobby. So I get a hold of him and he informs me that he believes he’s in the beginning stages of schizophrenia. He told me that he hadn’t slept in three days and was starting to hear voices. So he goes to the hospital.

At this point, he was put on some anti-psychotics but has not been officially diagnosed. The doctors tell him that he can’t be fully diagnosed until he’s been experiencing symptoms for more than six months. I’m concerned but I don’t fully believe that he’s schizophrenic. When I see him or talk to him he acts 99% the same as he always has but slightly more withdrawn. But I am concerned. This has been going on for close to a month now and he’s made four trips to the ER.

Here’s the symptoms he describes to me:

Sometimes when he closes his eyes he sees the “eyes of god”
He is constantly having LSD-like visuals
Occasionally hearing voices
Cannot go outside without sunglasses or else he will be overwhelmed
Cannot listen to or play music because it “gets too deep”
Cannot listen to loud noises without getting overwhelmed
Feeling “overwhelmed”, at least how he describes it to me, entails being on the verge of ego death

I’m concerned for my friend. I’ve known him since he was twelve and no matter what happens, I will always be here for him. But I just need to know if he’ll ever fully be himself again. He’s like a little brother to me and him and his cousin’s family have taken me in as their own.

TL;DR is my friend experiencing psychosis or schizophrenia?
>>
Edwin Brovingfoot - Sun, 19 Jul 2020 17:05:38 EST nqSSH3Tv No.904167 Reply
My aunts fiance has schizophrenia, there are different types of it but he has paranoid schizophrenia. He often thinks that people have ulterior motives and he feels like he is being watched all the time. There's not really any way to tell over the internet but when he is bad I noticed he is withdrawn and is always bringing up random shit that he is concerned about. How old is he? Schizophrenia often manifests in your 20s and can be triggered by traumatic experiences and certain types of drugs. Was the ecstacy possibly cut with psychedelics?
Best thing you can do is be there for him and just listen to what he has to say. Schizophrenia is a pretty brutal mental illness so if he is experiencing it he definitely needs the help from his friends.
>>
Rebecca Bibblekon - Sun, 19 Jul 2020 17:28:24 EST 9JchIYMz No.904168 Reply
>>904166
Schizophrenia is basically chronic psychosis, and your friend is clearly having psychosis plus derealization/depersonalization. So, as you've been told, the only way to know if it's not schizophrenia is to wait and see if the symptoms go away permanently.

Schizophrenia has a wide variety of presentations. Look up videos of schizophrenic people describing their experiences. Some are completely incoherent because of how disordered their thoughts are, but some aren't. There was this programmer, Terry A. Davis; late in his live he was pretty active on the Internet (unfortunately that may have been what ultimately drove him to suicide), writing a lot, doing livestreams, etc. You could more or less have a conversation with him, but he would say any random, and often offensive, thought that popped into his head, and often he would lose his train of thought while answering and go off in an inexplicable direction.
My point being, you can't dismiss the idea that it might be schizophrenia just because his speech hasn't devolved into utterly incoherent rambling.
>>
Edwin Brovingfoot - Sun, 19 Jul 2020 18:06:58 EST nqSSH3Tv No.904169 Reply
>>904168
>he would say any random, and often offensive, thought that popped into his head
That was like what I was talking about in my other post.
We would be camping and be around a campfire and everyone is drinking and having a good time and this guy would just start talking about random shit that had nothing to do with the conversation we were having.
>>
Alice Surrybodging - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 04:55:43 EST MU5DQUTc No.904170 Reply
>a gel tab that was supposedly 350ug and an ecstasy pill
I'm curious about this as I've never heard of X being in a gel tab and I'm not convinced that's even possible. Even if it is possible and the MDMA salt doesn't interfere with the gel consistency it would taste fucking horrendous.
>>
Barnaby Cimmerfine - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 06:33:51 EST lAoy5nD3 No.904172 Reply
Your friend should stop taking any drugs including caffeine. Sometimes people trip so hard that it takes a long time to get back to baseline. I've had similar issues after intense trips, but not in that intensity. But it kinda reversed itself over time
>>
James Duckforth - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:30:17 EST 9JchIYMz No.904179 Reply
>>904170
I interpreted that as his friend taking a pill and an LSD gel tab at the same time, not as a gel tab containing both ecstasy and LSD.
>>
Betsy Lightfuck - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:57:26 EST s3wNXDWv No.904182 Reply
>>904166
>>904166
homeboy is spun, the not sleeping for three days is probs where the voices are coming from.

350 is a lot of lsd and ecstasy just plain isnt great for you lay off the drugs billy or charlie whatever his fake name is and eat healthy sleep and excercise
>>
Molly Brugglebone - Mon, 20 Jul 2020 21:02:44 EST oNYxcXEI No.904186 Reply
>>904182

Sounds like he's been like that for a month, though. But I agree, definitely needs some proper good food, and that will help bring good sleep. Which will give energy for exercise.

Be careful man, this is not a joking matter, your friend's future is at stake. Tread lightly.
>>
Cyril Grandworth - Wed, 23 Sep 2020 13:11:41 EST Y7WB7vPF No.905291 Reply
>>904166
A friend of mine accidentally took way too much LSD while drunk (was laying out his own tab and dumped the rest of the bottle). He had a very similar experience and called me on the verge of insanity. I talked him back to reality and it eventually turned out alright except he had persisting visuals, anxiety that came and went, and "psychedelic" thoughts I guess you could say. After googling it he said he thought he had HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder). It gradually went away over the course of 6 months. Talking to him, he didn't seem outwardly different so I would say your friend probably has something similar but a little more severe. Give it time and make sure you keep an eye on him and shit, ask him if its getting worse or better over time, etc.
>>
Jenny Secklefork - Thu, 24 Sep 2020 13:21:49 EST Tz1K8p+5 No.905307 Reply
Holy shit no he doesn't have schizophrenia he's fucking fine get him OFF antipsychotics as soon as possible they will turn him into a fucking zombie
>>
Jenny Secklefork - Thu, 24 Sep 2020 13:22:58 EST Tz1K8p+5 No.905308 Reply
>>905307
And tell him to stop going to the ER. The more afraid he is that he's insane the more it will be a problem
>>
jarvis cocksucker - Sat, 26 Sep 2020 10:16:50 EST yV0MhkJt No.905327 Reply
drug induced a u t i s m. hope he gets better op
>>
Shitting Duzzlefeg - Sat, 26 Sep 2020 22:03:20 EST 16wTPqLe No.905333 Reply
>>904166
yeah sounds fine to me OP a lot of people go through it, give it a year or two and he will grow out of it
>>
Phineas Dittingbanks - Sun, 27 Sep 2020 22:52:29 EST RjXFS/hW No.905351 Reply
>>904166
don't ever mix the x with lsd. first mistake. kid probably fucked up his brain chemistry for a bit. should fix itself but stop doing that. x is fucking awful for you.
>>
Fucking Binnerfutch - Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:46:43 EST gHQkiHng No.905355 Reply
The problem is that he took with ecstacy, in my opinion. The seratogenic (serotonin based) and dopaminergic (dopamine based) receptors in his mind have been completely depleted, probably caused a co-morbid and re-sensitized withdrawal/comedown/HPPD because of mixing it with the acid. Remember, the 5-HT2A receptors that LSD affects are closely and intimately related to Serotonin and Dopamine regulation in the brain. I would say, have him wait two weeks-one month (the point at which dopamine receptors and serotonin receptors can be healed) and see if he comes out of it. If not, he may have caused underlying damage.
>>
Martha Summlebanks - Tue, 29 Sep 2020 02:05:31 EST LMQIDWYE No.905360 Reply
be there for him. it will most likely pass if he can brave through it. it being psychosis im guessing. I've been through it and it's taken a while but i've made my way back into the real world

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.