Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

A newbie in Psilocybe cubensis

- Fri, 24 Jul 2020 13:49:33 EST KUbOnIqu No.904254
File: 1595612973875.png -(1121354B / 1.07MB, 1200x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. A newbie in Psilocybe cubensis
Finally the 10g of Psilocybe cubensis I've ordered have arrived.
It'll be my first dose and likely my last as I'm just taking them to try and solve some mental and emotional issues I have.

I have the whole pitch black room set up but should I use audio stimuli? There are some audios with personal attachment to them that have helped me cope through the years, would it be beneficial to listen to them or should I just let my mind go its own way?
>>
Sophie Goodworth - Fri, 24 Jul 2020 15:16:41 EST 9JchIYMz No.904255 Reply
>>904254
I think you might have taken the "magic" in "magic mushrooms" a bit too literally. If solving mental issues was just a matter of eating some mushrooms once there would be no unhappiness in the world. All psilocin can do is momentarily make you more introspective and give you a different perspective, but that's it. It won't do anything that you couldn't do sober. Plus the trip is only going to last like three hours, not counting the comedown (during which the main effects are much lesser).
Your expectations for the substance are completely out of whack. That's only going to lead to disappointment.
>>
Phineas Greenspear - Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:45:47 EST rACA6+zv No.904263 Reply
>>904255
no idea where you’re getting any of that. i read your post before the OP’s and thought he’d be ranting and raving about seeing pink elephants or something, but all he said is that he has some emotional problems he’s trying to solve. psys definitely give you much larger access to what you would normally be unconscious of, and are incredibly powerful tools for self exploration and growth. psilocybin especially is something that can seem very easy going but can quickly grind your face in the dirt if you’re not very careful and respectful in your intentions. OP’s absolutely right to take it seriously, be prepared for a challenging experience, and seeking information from people who’ve done it before

to OP, personally I really like having some movies on hand, if not for the bulk of it at least for the less intense parts of the experience, as I find my ability to suspend disbelief is much higher and it can be quite fun after a deep experience. I’m also reLly into music so that comes along with it. some like silent darkness but i definitely prefer very dim lighting and light music or movie in the background. its good to have some options even if you dont plan on using them, just in case. good luck on your journey!
>>
Nicholas Fangerwell - Sat, 25 Jul 2020 00:22:41 EST 9JchIYMz No.904264 Reply
>>904263
So you don't think expecting to fix those issues in a single dose of mushrooms is an unreasonable expectation?
>>
Basil Murdville - Sat, 25 Jul 2020 08:31:09 EST u6pHHNhY No.904265 Reply
>>904254
Just take the mushrooms either you get fixed or you dont, but you'll have a good time.
>>
Frederick Hettinghall - Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:11:13 EST fLWTJ6mK No.904267 Reply
>>904264
he didnt say he was expecting to, he said he is trying to. where are you getting this from?
>>
Frederick Hettinghall - Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:18:55 EST fLWTJ6mK No.904268 Reply
>>904267
i should also say that having intentions to work on something specific is much more positive than just doing them to get fucked up. i mean i get the outlook of just taking them as a blank slate and letting come what may, but thats hardly the only positive or worthwhile way to take them, sounds biased to me. having intentions of growth and confronting issues is a great mindset to have, and a single large dose can shake up quite a bit of your being. theres nothing wrong with taking psys with a purpise.
>>
Hedda Claydale - Sun, 26 Jul 2020 11:09:56 EST KUbOnIqu No.904285 Reply
1595776196838.jpg -(129510B / 126.47KB, 450x332) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So I did it. 10 grams of dried Psilocybe. It may have been too much for a first time, but I'm glad I went all in.
I had some severe acute serotonin syndrome in the "come down" when the psychedelic part was over and I came back to reality.
Uncontrollable body movements, facial spasms, severe heat strokes that felt like being on fire, tachycardia but I realised that it was just serotonin overload and started moving to get it out of my system.

Started to panic a bit when the psychedelic part peaked and there was only void. Actually felt like I died. But not my ego, it felt like a physical death, I legitimately confronted my fear of dying and I do remember feeling like crying and being very scared before learning to let go. But it didn't really made me "lose my sense of subjective self", no EGO death, no feeling of "oneness" with the universe and all that spiritual jazz, it just enhanced my ego. I guess that's just subjective to the person's beliefs.
I did work through a lot of issues I had, things I forgot, understood the meaning and why of things and I have a sort of mental stillness and calmness now.

Good stuff, pack.
>>
Fanny Fippertat - Mon, 27 Jul 2020 03:49:45 EST YLaqNfjf No.904296 Reply
>>904285
Hey, thats respectable results. Im proud of you homie.
>>
Mr_Shawmeen - Mon, 27 Jul 2020 07:23:10 EST m4h4t95I No.904298 Reply
>>904285
The whole loss of ego thing isn't subjective. It's more of a particular type of dissociated state where you can't distinguish yourself from other people, things, spaces ect. I think this kind of goes for oneness as well and that it exists as a distinct form of that feeling that's identifiable across cultures, substance, meditative practices, and general experiences. It sounds like the mushrooms you had may have lacked potency in some way or another, and SS isn't a side effect of mushrooms in general. Hell ld50 for psilocybes is like 15 or 20 pounds or some ridiculously high number like that.
>>
Walter Padgechit - Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:35:37 EST 0gO8aAgT No.904308 Reply
>>904285
> I guess that's just subjective to the person's beliefs.
I'd give it a few more goes before coming to any conclusions regarding that. There are different levels of ego death/disintegration/dissolution/loss (whatever you want to call it), and there are also different ways it manifests. Same goes for feelings of unity, connectedness, oneness, and wholeness. Honestly those descriptors are all listed together, but rightfully carry with them distinct connotations and aren't necessarily listed together to describe a single feeling, or a single facet of that complex perception.

For instance, not including experiences from dissociative drugs or combinations of dissociatives and psychedelics, I've experienced ego death as perceiving raw experience, existing truly in the present and without ego or identity. I wasn't my body, my perception of myself, or any of the things I was observing or feeling in my perceptual experience. I simply was I was everything, and I was nothing. More typically, however, I retain self-awareness in the sense that I am self-conscious in being a passive observer in the experience I am taking part in, but similarly I lose connection with my body and the world around me, but simultaneously I am also all of it. Essentially, the borders and boundaries of my perceptions of myself, my body, each passing moment of time, and my surroundings starts to blur in and out of focus, if not outright dissolving altogether. Most of the time blurring part of it brings other parts into focus, and vice versa. Which parts are blurred and focus seems to ebb and flow, trying to reach equilibrium.

Feelings of oneness, unity, connectedness, and wholeness, on the other ahead, are sometimes meant to describe a single perception I am having, and at other times, individual perceptions. Connectedness usually relates more to how deterministic the universe appears to be. I can see how seemingly disparate things are linked in ways I can't even fully comprehend or appreciate. Oneness and unity usually come as part of feelings associated with dissociation with my body or the blurring of how my body and environment are separated, at least in terms of what those terms relate to in how I am feeling. Cognitively, it relates back to how connected everything is and how deterministic reality and the universe appears to be (I can see the chain of causal links between everything, the chains of "destiny"), which leads to an understanding that there is a difference between my self-perception as a human being and my existence as an individual entity and the reality that the universe is simply one collective, unified, whole entity where all individual entities and all moments of time are a single existence... and there is no preferred frame of reference, meaning all things are "happening" at once, simultaneously. Only, that's not even an appropriate or accurate way of thinking about it. To see something as "happening" is an inherently relative perspective, meaning to view it in such a way requires a preferred frame of reference. Rather, everything just is. Lastly, the description of wholeness can either refer to this unified collective universe entity, or an emotional sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.
>>
Reuben Bezzlestone - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 02:22:13 EST mbizeClV No.904328 Reply
>>904255
Completely disagree with this.

I've used mushroom successfully to figure out things and work past stuff that would have normally taken a year or more in the past. You make light of "All psilocybin can do is momentarily make you more introspective and give you a different perspective" - momentarily isn't quite accurate and if you can progress through thoughts and emotions that would normally take months to evolve in a trip of a only a few hours, it's an amazing tool.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.