Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Stimulate creativity

- Thu, 30 Jul 2020 17:25:10 EST isP2pZGO No.904376
File: 1596144310033.jpg -(95535B / 93.30KB, 512x369) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Stimulate creativity
Is the meme of psychedelics who stimulate creativity true or not?
I would like to write a science fiction book for a competition that expires in November, and I was wondering if hallucinogens like mushrooms or lsa seeds could help me do some trips to give me some ideas. Since the deadline is close enough (I know that November is far away, but it seems to me tomorrow) something would also be useful to increase production rates, but I don't want to ask too much.
My intention was to take these things, slap myself in front of the TV with a good science fiction movie and ... wait.
Do you think it's bullshit? What do you see when you take psychedelics?
>>
Lillian Gullerdidging - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 19:26:50 EST MU5DQUTc No.904382 Reply
You might come up with something. NaNoWriMo won't get you anywhere though. Maybe use it as motivation to get a first draft done.

Don't just watch TV or sci fi though, if you're going to trip for creativity, you need to do it while consuming media that's different to the sort of thing you want to create. That's true even if you're not tripping; if all you read is SF then any SF you write will just be derivative and uninteresting. Go out and have some real experiences.
>>
Lillian Gullerdidging - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 19:31:01 EST MU5DQUTc No.904383 Reply
I guess if you take a very low dose, microdosing, that might help you be creative in general. But if you've never taken psys before and you take a normal dose to try and be creative... you'll have a lot to contend with. It's a real experience and you probably won't be able to waste it on writing as you'll be too distracted.

PKD didn't do many, or possibly any psychedelics by the way. Man took a lot of amphetamines and induced psychosis/schizophrenia. Definitely not recommended.
>>
Basil Pindlekore - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:14:22 EST w9KZ3V9e No.904385 Reply
>I know that November is far away

Not for writing a fucking book. I've been stuck for months in the first five pages of an idea I was trying to turn into a novel. I also intend to submit it to a competition, but the deadline is around February.

I recently had an experience with mushrooms and it was pretty intense. It released many feeling I already had inside all at once and I think that really was an great experience, the problem is putting all that inspiration into words. Psychedelics may inspire you, but they likely won't make it easier to express your thoughts, and definitely not help you become productive on a consistent basis. You need discipline for that.

When I tried micro dosing like >>904383 suggested I only got a feeling of drunkenness.

You should try everything, though, for the experience at least.
>>
David Pickdock - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:42:11 EST iaeEwxT9 No.904386 Reply
>>904383
i agree if you are floored you wont be very useful to yourself
>>
Basil Pindlekore - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 22:26:40 EST w9KZ3V9e No.904387 Reply
Also, if you do shrooms, make sure you do it safely.

It can be a very scary experience when you are in the wrong frame of mind.
>>
Clara Guttinghall - Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:52:36 EST WgY/e737 No.904397 Reply
>>904376
To be honest, it's a bit of a complex answer, but I'll do my best to simplify it.

To enhance your creativity on psychedelic drugs, you have to understand that your thoughts are not the same, they are being altered, and furthermore there are ideas being sent to your mind in a trip that are not your own, they are from an undisclosed source.

Now once you understand this, you have to understand that at times when you are tripping (no matter the dose) you won't be able to control yourself because your own thoughts are being altered and there other other thoughts not of your own being sent to your mind. Eventually you will be compelled into mental or physical frenzy, and this my friend, is when you use your willpower to direct that frenzy of thoughts onto what you want to do. It does take practice though, and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Also, follow the rudimentary advice that the other posters here have provided to you (set and setting, mind your dose, ect...)

With this knowledge I'm confident that you will dig deeper into the subject and hopefully, create something worth remembering.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.