Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Post trip stress disorder?

- Sun, 18 Oct 2020 02:03:43 EST rs0eyPMp No.905687
File: 1603001023104.png -(1230694B / 1.17MB, 1178x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Post trip stress disorder?
I think I may have developed anxiety due to a bad trip. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I actually only used psychedelics once, and it was murshrooms. I wasn't really depressed when I took them, but I basically did everything wrong: I was alone at my house, during the night, and took 5g dried for my first time. I lived through a nightmare from 1 to 6~7am, I felt really desperate at times and felt some serious physical discomfort.

But afterwards I slept through the day, went to work and eventually recovered fully. This was almost four months ago.

Maybe a few weeks after the trip, pretty much every day when the evening start I feel this pressure on my chest, similar to when I was afraid of the dark as a child. Sometimes it gets really bad and I start panicking. Today I was watching a movie with my mother and at some point something in the movie remembered me of that experience and it just struck me strongly

So far I'm managing to get a hold of myself. I'm not seeing things or loosing grasp on reality, not having any external symptoms either. When I am at work or busy I'm always alright. All I read in regards to this is how shrooms can ''help'' people with mental health issues. It could be that the trip was just too strong for me and triggered this (not that the shrooms themselves fucked my head, but that any trauma would), or just that the moment we are in is weighting on me (besides the whole covid thing, I am often thinking about problems with my dad, my future, about death, loneliness, and I'm working the night shift, which is not particularly healthy to begin with).

Prior to the trip, except for the occasional sadness, I never had any issues with depression, anxiety or panic attacks

I keep telling myself to hold on at least until December, then I'm gonna have some vacation time to chill a little and when I come back I will probably be on the day shift. But idk, any thoughts?
>>
Cyril Soddlestot - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 02:19:37 EST ikXhulCZ No.905688 Reply
>>905687
Process and integrate the things you saw and experienced.
>>
Wesley Dibblestone - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 02:37:41 EST 7Ee8PqaX No.905690 Reply
>>905688
As in putting it on paper? I already did that. I thought I had really understood what happened and was done with it. Rationally I know what happened was just chemicals messing up my feelings and experiences, but it just won't go away.
>>
Phyllis Pedgestone - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:09:58 EST uMpq/Z8i No.905693 Reply
i remember i eat shrooms on a near daily basis for a month and dulled my senses for quite a bit. Op u probs heard this before but if you smoke weed try stopping and if you already exercise then keep it up if not start soon i bet you will accept the change and see the positive factors in it. took me a wee while to get it myself, after i did my trips became more sensible and gainfull and less @utism and bad feels. you will feel anew after all this.
>>
Phyllis Pedgestone - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:18:54 EST uMpq/Z8i No.905694 Reply
>>905693
The weird thing i want to note is i had zero bad trips and still dont and felt what i could only imagine was depersonalization or Derailment at worst after a month of daily use and thought i had went and done it. Turns out i probs fucked up my serotonin and should of let myself rewire naturully but didnt cause i learned nothing at the time but i paid for it. sorry if this post is unrelated or anything but i feel you on the post trip feels, i understand how confsusing or jarring it is but learn to make sense of it and appreciate the mushroom experience,
>>
Wesley Dibblestone - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:21:07 EST 7Ee8PqaX No.905697 Reply
>>905693
>>905694
Thanks, anon. Any insight is welcome and your posts are reassuring. I read reports from weed users having similar problems, but I have never even tried weed... I do drink quite a bit, but once a week at most. Maybe I should stop that for a while (although alcohol usually calms me a lot).

I will keep exercising and let's see how it goes.
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:56:43 EST i3yt+wEf No.905698 Reply
Happened to me.
It won't pass you will just get used to it.
They really should tell people that using Mushrooms will permanently increase your anxiety levels by 20%.
>>
Betsy Wecklesid - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 12:02:18 EST 9iEq3bfZ No.905699 Reply
Nothing can hurt you just keep going
>>
Cyril Soddlestot - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 12:05:41 EST ikXhulCZ No.905700 Reply
>>905698
>They really should tell people that using Mushrooms will permanently increase your anxiety levels by 20%.
Maybe you should try and figure out why the mushrooms are showing you that you are anxious all the time instead of blaming the messenger.
>>
Phyllis Pedgestone - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 12:10:28 EST uMpq/Z8i No.905701 Reply
>>905698
>They really should tell people that using Mushrooms will permanently increase your anxiety levels by 20%.
How so? like in people who already have an anxiety issue or anyone? Because my anxiety is pretty much gone at the moment. (been using them once or twice a week at low-medium doses for a month now and had very good results so far.

now im spacing it 2 weeks apart which i should still get a good enough kick out of. I fucking love mushrooms even if they do drive me insane in the end
>>
Wesley Dibblestone - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:40:57 EST 7Ee8PqaX No.905706 Reply
>>905698
How long have you been living with this, anon? Do you still use mushrooms constantly?
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Mon, 19 Oct 2020 13:26:31 EST i3yt+wEf No.905719 Reply
>>905706
Happened 2 years ago the first time I took shrooms.
Was the most spiritual and overall best trip of my life. The following year I felt increasingly anxious and had panic attacks occasionally (didn't even know that was a thing before).
Tried to "cure" it after 1 year if suffering by shrooming again. Only felt delirious and lame.
>>
Martha Buzzlekock - Mon, 19 Oct 2020 13:38:21 EST lAT6zyoP No.905720 Reply
>>905687
Sounds like an unrelated health issue that concerns more your body than your mind. Are you healthy, anon? Sounds like you have some lung-heart shit.
>>
Jack Memmerman - Mon, 19 Oct 2020 13:56:31 EST BdliQcKz No.905723 Reply
>>905719
I see, anon. That sucks.

>>905720
I think I am. Although in the last few months I did stopped going to the gym and started to eat not so healthily as I usually did. I've been running and eating better lately.

Maybe I will see a doctor.
>>
Clara Honningsod - Fri, 23 Oct 2020 00:40:22 EST 1+DRNWyN No.905847 Reply
A trip can go either way. Sounds like you obviously weren't prepared for such a high dose. If you try again stick to just eating an 8th. I just did 4acodmt the other day and it feels like it rewired my brain. I've been so much more introspective and observant since then but the post trip anxiety definitely can happen. It does go away in my experience, just give it a few weeks. The racing thoughts you get when you actually learn some shit from the trip can be a bit much but I've already noticed myself making serious changes in my life. A bad trip can show you a lot, and if you're not ready to confront it or accept it you're gonna have some anxiety until you sort your issues out.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.