420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
"Life is a journey" by Nigel Cablingkeck - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:25:49 EST ID:sll0S1uX No.512339 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1484177149158.jpg -(35479B / 34.65KB, 600x314) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 35479
What the fuck is this advice? Is this the right way to live?
I'm a very results oriented person. I want the end goal, I don't give a duck a bouts "enjoying the journey". I'm willing to work for my goals sure but I never get the joy out of doing something "just for fun" or "just to participate". I want to win, make big money, fuck hot chicks, collect degrees, and literally develop a record of success.

How do I move forward with this in mind? When will I be satisfied with myself? Is the proper way to"enjoy the journey" and essentially watch yourself die?
>>
Cornelius Hullerdale - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:38:22 EST ID:SvrL9OfC No.512341 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512339
> When will I be satisfied with myself?
Never. That's why people are saying this shit in the first place nigga. They're telling you to find satisfaction in doing things instead of getting things, because as soon as you get things you're no longer getting things, and you have to go get more. You don't buy a game to be finished with it after so many hours, you buy it to play it. There's nothing wrong with goals but they shouldn't overshadow everything else.
>>
Betsy Gackleville - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:38:41 EST ID:9vn86lM+ No.512342 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512339

OP, there is no end, its all a journey, its walking up an endless staircase, its walking through a tunnel toward the light which you'll never reach, this is life.
you are always moving forward even if you think you're stationary.
Life is a journey is a phrase to say "enjoy your time" dont go seeking an end goal because you'll never be finished, there is no end, if you want a mercedes benz and you chase it and get it, then what? what are you going to chase after the mercedes benz?

So its not about not achieving anything, its about not focusing on the end, but walking down a path in where you achieve something you want, but knowing that after that, there is more path, and more path and more path and it keeps going till you cant move your legs anymore and your breath becomes short.

Watch yourself die? just, enjoy the journey man, you're going to die one day, smell the flowers, listen to the birds sing, feel the warmth of the sun on your skin.

Theres always something that you're chasing, so enjoy the ride, look out the windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhNFSimQw2A
>>
Hamilton Dishhare - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 05:39:18 EST ID:5JYKa3yb No.512360 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512339
Life isn't a journey, this is wrong thinking and will cause you unhappiness.
Life is a dance, my friend.

Think about that, maybe while dancing a bit to a song you like, you'll get it soon enough.
>>
Sophie Nonningstud - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:53:30 EST ID:Icl260aU No.512361 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think "life is a journey" refers the satisfying feeling when you look back at the memories of the work you did to achieve the end goal. That's just the way I see it.

It's all subjective. I share OP's annoyance of stupid motivational cliché sayings, they usually come up from those who went through a 12 step program [step 1: recognize that there is a higher power (lmfao yeah right)].
>>
Matilda Fonnerfoot - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:34:39 EST ID:zbKXnohS No.512366 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512360
No wonder I hate dancing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.