420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Shitty job by Clara Clarringnark - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 01:52:10 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512352 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1484203930225.png -(30137B / 29.43KB, 234x347) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 30137
Could really use some advice here.

>Unemployed for 3+ months, cant find stable work
>Had a job at a restaurant for a week, it randomly went out of business
>Was selling zips and rolls to get buy for a bit, had to stop because probation was coming up and can't risk it, also had to get a job because probation
>Get restaurant server job
>We'll start you out as a busser and you'll become a server after the holidays"
>Super fucking busy, get totally fucked every day at this place during the holidays, they have me scheduled pretty much every day
>Do shit like schedule me til close new years eve and schedule me to open new years day
>Making $6 an hour plus tips, busser tips are jack shit.
>GM keeps saying "Oh we'll put you on the schedule as a server next week, but I need to have a meeting with you before I can do that" than dodging me or just straight up bailing on plans for meetings
>Schedule always is late as fuck
>They keep scheduling me like 8 days in a row but its between 2 weeks so they don't have to pay overtime
>Schedule came out today: Still not scheduled as a server, GM is nowhere to be found, keeps dodging me trying to talk to him
>Go to get my tip share from bussing from yesterday
>"Oh we forgot to figure you into tipshare yesterday, we will put extra hours on your paycheck"
>Go to clock out, look at my hours worked this week, it doesn't show that they added anything
>First paycheck for 3 shifts: $5
>"Oh, our mistake, we'll pay you next check"

Fucking seriously. It feels like i'm working for nothing. And I'm fucking busting my ass off, working 8 days straight and shit for $6 an hour, shit ass tips, and I can't quit because not only am I completely broke but now I'm on probation and need proof of employment. I don't really have any other options at this point and was relying on this job to be legit, but this place is awful. On top of this, I've been sick since I started working here, everyone I work with is nothing like me and I get along with most but don't really fit in whatsoever. Theres all kinds of other weird shit here I could get into, theres an expo who has it out for me and acts like shes the boss when shes technically a busser.
>>
Angus Dravinghudge - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:16:49 EST ID:+cUd/x7M No.512353 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512352

If you live in the US, can read at a high school level, are not in prison, and you have good use of your limbs, you can get more than 6$ an hour for your labor. It sounds like working food service is not your thing, I worked on some construction sites for a while and I guarantee you will get paid better than that if you work decently, and generally the people that are in charge of something like a construction site are we better to interact with than the type of person that runs a failing restaurant that pays its employees less than minimum wage, even after tips.

In the short term you need to tell your manager that you aren't even making minimum wage with your tips and you will have to quit unless they can pay you more per hour to get more. If you live in an expensive urban area, you might want to look for rural manual labor somewhere outside of the city, it is worth working on a farm to get away from food service, at least in my opinion.
>>
Clara Clarringnark - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:18:08 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512354 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Should mention

>Worked 3rd shift at a factory for a year and a half before this, quit to go to school
>Hated the factory when I worked there
>Miss it now. Life was very boring but very peaceful. Always had money. Worked 3rd shift 6 days a week. No one bothered me. I was at peace with myself and my life for the first time in years. Went back to school because I felt as if I had no direction in life.
>>
Clara Clarringnark - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:21:56 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512355 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512353
I know this, I was making good money at my last job. The reason why i quit was to go to school, I want to have a top tier career someday.

I'm a kid from a rural area that moved to the suburbs after I turned 18 and drive a little into the city for work. This isn't my thing. I miss the factory life, but I want to do the school thing for a bit and see where it takes me.

The only type of work I can find that will work with my school schedule is serving.
>>
Angus Dravinghudge - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:43:33 EST ID:+cUd/x7M No.512356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512355

Your employer has to pay you minimum wage.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/minimumwage

If you receive tips, your hourly wage+ttips received must add up to at least the federal minimum wage. Otherwise+your employer is breaking the law, and you should get representation but there are no unions oh...

Basically if you have been paid 6$ per hour for at least a month, depending on how often they normally issue paychecks, they owe you money.
>>
Clara Clarringnark - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 03:00:51 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512357 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512356
I'm making barely over minimum wage after tips, like $8 an hour. Shit ass busser tips. They do shit like like pay me $6 an hour and schedule me for 10 hours, than give me like $15-20 tips for the day
>>
John Sendlewore - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 04:20:22 EST ID:zOfwhgti No.512358 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512357
Your boss doesn't respect you and thinks you're a loser.
>>
Clara Clarringnark - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 04:26:25 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512359 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512358
No fucking shit, now what do I do about it?
>>
Augustus Dublinghood - Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:15:22 EST ID:hhQhcuad No.512363 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512359
Look for and apply for other jobs making it clear you have (whatever your notice period is) notice period and wait till something better comes along and wants you? Work this one in the mean time because it's easier to find a job if you're currently employed.
>>
Reuben Fummernag - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 06:39:32 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512404 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I got another job working at school today, but its only 10 hours a week. I feel like I'm going to get treated with respect here at least. I just want to quit this shitty ass job but I honestly can't, i feel like if I dont find something better soon theyre gonna make up an excuse to fire me.

My life fucking sucks, i'm a fucking loser. I'm 24 and first going to college. I have loads of debt, I have so many problems in my life, my life has been a mess for years. My little brother is this crazy salesman that drives a company car and has 3 cell phones and makes bank, my other little brother works in fine dining and is 18 and knows more about cooking than most people I know. My sister is this jock cheerleader bitch in highschool whose gonna get a bunch of scholarships and have my parents pay for her college to become a fucking doctor, when I was her age I was beating off and drinking mountain dew in games club that could barely hold a 2.0 gpa.

I'm just this dirty ass burnout that can barely keep my head above water, barely stay out of jail, for christ sake i'm borrowing my parents extra car until my tax return comes and I can buy a new one. I am so fucking lost.
>>
Reuben Fummernag - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 06:45:08 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512405 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I see my oldest uncle on my moms side and know that thats the plan they have for me all along. Every time my bitch ass highschool sister tells me in a condescending voice that i'm gonna be spending christmas at her house one day, talking about how big her house is gonna be and how many kids shes gonna have. I'm supposed to fit the mold of being that drunken misfit that can't keep his shit together his entire life. I know that I shouldn't blame other people and I can only blame myself, and all I can do is work as hard as possible, but it really fucking sucks.
>>
John Hazzlespear - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 07:48:17 EST ID:kB2soohQ No.512406 Ignore Report Quick Reply
All of that really sucks dude, sorry to hear that. I was in a similar place at 24, just got out of millitiray prison after fucking up my (mendatory) army service, than quit college, no money, got a minimum wage job as a phone monkey for some ISP company, thought about suicide every day. Don't let this universe bring you down, yes this reality we're born into is constantly fucking with us, we must show it the middle finger and laugh at it's face.
My story is I got my shit relatively together in the last year by studying networking, got an official certification (CCNA), and now I do network support for big buissneses working at a major telecomunications company. Honestly? Wasn't that hard. Not because I'm smart, I'm a fucking dumbass actually, but I just managed to find a good profession that's easy to get into.
If you wanna go to college because you figured out your passion go for it, if you really just care about making enough money to live alone and enjoy yourself in relative comfort while having an ok social status I say learn a trade, fuck degrees man. I got a whole woeld of proffesions where you sit in chairs under air conditioning abd make good money by investing less than six months, wasn't even an intense six months.
Anyway sorry for rambling, I hope it was somehow helpful. OP, accept yourself, you're fine. Don't let the family bring you down. Strive for what you feel like striving for, if it's "comfortable job that lets me afford drugs" instead of "doctor" or whatever do it, life is simple wgen you get rid of the clutter, it's all a charade man, the secret is everyone can be happy.
Good luck!
>>
Reuben Fummernag - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 08:11:03 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>512406
Thank you for this post, this is pretty inspriational. Sorry to hear about all your troubles.

Nah, I know exactly what I want in life and exactly what I want to do in college, but i'm gonna be in lots of very hard school and be in loads of debt before I get there. I like my brothers and shit, but some day when my parents and sister say things like that they always knew I could do it, i'm gonna tell them they can get fucked.

Someday, when my moms uncle (whose my parents age), tells me that he knew i'd be here, i'm gonna remember all the times that I was drugged out of my mind, fucked up, and his family and girlfriends kids just fucked with me and laughed at me. Always just treated me like total dog shit, my entire life. Someday I want to have money and be set with a nice kids and a beautiful wife, doing what I love, and I want to make my uncle look like the ultimate fucking beta, like he has my entire life.

I want to fight all these people and shit, but its not worth it. Family is a fuckin' illusion, my real family is friends and the people I used to do drugs with, those people have been there for me way more than my fucking family ever has. My family has preached my entire life that family is tight and nothing can break it and shit, but they weren't there when I needed it most, maybe financially yea, maybe if I needed to borrow some money or a vehicle for a couple months yeah, but at the end of the day they could give a rats ass.
>>
Reuben Fummernag - Sat, 14 Jan 2017 08:17:20 EST ID:vKvaev27 No.512408 Ignore Report Quick Reply
And before I go to sleep i need to say one more thing. I started probation 12 days ago and have been sober since, I decided to go completely sober this entire year. I'll make an exception to drink when my friend comes to town (which he usually does 2-3 times a year) and I'll probably trip in the spring, but thats it. I've been smoking for 6 years and using amphetamines on a weekly basis for the past 2 years or so, and right before I started probation I was starting to get into benzos. I've rolled and tripped hundreds of times when I was younger, i also was in rehab for drinking shortly after I turned 21. When this is all done i'm going back to only smoking, fuck all that other shit.

12 days of being sober is the longest time that i've been completely sober in like 6 or 7 years. It feels like i've been sleeping the past 7 years and I woke up in this mean world, the post-internet explosion age, where everyone has an opinion about everything and no one is legit anymore. There is no love or trust in this world anymore, there probably never was and I was just blind. all you got is yourself.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.