Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated March 22)
I think I'm losing my mind by Phoebe Bullyfure - Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:13:20 EST ID:Y2w8xxhJ No.528365 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1552418000251.jpg -(92157B / 90.00KB, 960x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 92157
I've always been kind of like this but it's only gotten worse since last year, I'm always feeling nervous and worried that something awful is going to happen, I cant sleep very well, my heart often beats too fast and I feel a pressure in my throat, even spending a little money makes me feel that way because I can't stop thinking I'll lose all of it soon.

It's made much worse by the fact I'm not so straight and despite they being nice, the people in my area love ultra-conservatives and homophobes, it makes me feel I'm being surrounded and threatened all the time, so I never talk about sexuality, quite often I get so angry I feel like punching people to save myself.

I'd like to talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist but I'm scared of being locked in the nuthouse or sounding so stupid they won't understand me, give me ideas or something.
>>
Lydia Sirringtetch - Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:13:16 EST ID:Lny7/LNo No.528368 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Move to a better location.
Pick up cannabis use or some other way to treat your severe anxiety and anger issues.
Stop drinking caffeinated beverages and/or using cocaine.

That'll be $420,-
>>
Archie Sennerkag - Tue, 12 Mar 2019 19:07:38 EST ID:ffVpGLbu No.528369 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528365
You're not completely insane OP. You are suffering bog standard anxiety. You won't get locked up for suffering bog standard anxiety. In most cases it's like a mental virus, something that's all in your head that only fairly highly strung people are suceptable to. The more you think about it the worse it gets but you're more afraid of the fear and the consequences of it than the causes.

If you go to a doctor or psychologist or whatever and say "I'm pretty sure I have anxiety problems" then describe the symptoms, just the top bit that will help.

What the other guy said about caffeine and cocaine and stuff helps. Cannabis can help, however there is a lot of hype about anxiety and it. I've found it's pretty neutral but people who are convinced it will make them nervous will get more anxious taking it. Being high smoking pot is one of the least powerful overwhelming highs ever, less "distracting" than being fairly drunk but a lot of people panic when they experience it for the first time. While reducing the use of substances that make you nervous is good treating what is largely an issue with how you think about things using chemicals is a bad idea. Doing your best to eat, exercise and sleep well helps with anything but you might need to do a bit more than that.

Treatment for anxiety is first understanding the mechanisms for how it works, what it is and what it isn't then doing something to prove your fear isn't a big issue. Moving might be a good plan honestly. When I had anxiety issues I thought I was dying. Understanding the mechanisms and what was happening helped but what made me "better" was hitting the gym and noticing how my fitness improved, my body thrived rather than died. I still sometimes get some of the symptoms of an attack but they don't go anywhere because I know they won't. But I had to undergo that journey to get there.
>>
Betsy Haddleford - Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:20:58 EST ID:hlh7GFBq No.528376 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I might not have clinical anxiety, but I did have moderate OCD in my teenage years so maybe this will help, maybe not:

Fuck it.

One day I got so tired of my rituals, I got so tired of being scared all the time, that I'd decided I'd rather die on the spot than continue a single day with OCD. This time I wasn't going to listen to that goddamn voice in my head telling me my whole family would die if I didn't immediately touch the wall 4 times.

I know OCD isn't general anxiety but I believe my reaction would be the same. "Just throw at my what you've got, world".
Sure, things can and do go wrong in life. Some of us have more fears than others. But I'll be fucked if I let it dominate my life anymore.

Fuck it. I'll deal with the problems as they come.
>>
Alice Gimmerstog - Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:35:25 EST ID:N8SnPlnn No.528381 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528368
>cannabis use
>to treat your severe anxiety or anger issues

Now I hate to be a negative-Nancy here, but medication whether legal or illegal is not a treatment for anxiety or anger issues.
>>
Isabella Gindlebanks - Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:29:47 EST ID:dJEw/uJZ No.528387 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1552519787560.jpg -(40482B / 39.53KB, 600x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>528365
anxiety and anger are a result of your emotions having too much control over your mind. Try and start feeling that emotion where ever it makes itself apparent in your body, for me it's usually my stomach. It tells me that it's just the animal part of me trying to take over my mind. it's my ego trying to wrestle for control. As soon as you make that connection, you're observing the emotion instead of letting it take over you.

This isn't the only way I've dealt with my anxiety and anger, but it has been one of the most helpful. I also enjoy chill music, listening to Joe Rogan, and using mind altering substances SPARINGLY. Weed very little, kratom a bit more often. Drugs are potentially dangerous for people who are mentally unstable. Which is why infrequent use is important, and it's important to be able to observe when there is an unwanted dependence or unwanted negative effects so you can take a break.

Exercise is important, start running! Pushups and sustained body weight exercises can be found on google. It's a good way to get a lot of energy out.

Creative outlet - draw, play piano/guitar or sing, etc.

Dealing with homophobic people is tough especially if you're anxious/paranoid. Best case would be to tell someone you trust how you feel so you can get a perspective from outside your head.
>>
Clara Fanstock - Thu, 14 Mar 2019 02:01:47 EST ID:Lny7/LNo No.528389 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528381
4U
>>
Martin Pazzleshaw - Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:48:35 EST ID:JCATCBbz No.528391 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528387
Great post there. I'm not OP but how do you detach your mind from your body like that? For example, I'm fighting the urge to swallow an entire pizza whole. My stomach has been growling and I'm starting to have slight pains. I can't keep my head off it.

don't tell me to eat lol
>>
Edward Dobberspear - Thu, 14 Mar 2019 21:14:36 EST ID:dJEw/uJZ No.528394 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528391
sorry for that pic if it triggered an unhealthy craving. But it's the same thing. Although hunger is harder to control than anger/anxiety in my opinion. It's the most basic need of everyone.

If you're trying to get over a craving for something you shouldn't have, you just need to eat something that is good for you instead. That's really what it comes down to, having healthy food ready to be eaten at all times, and getting into a habit of having simialr healthy foods everyday.

It also helps to remind yourself that buying a pizza is worse for you financially than making something healhty for yourself.

And again, just be able to observe the craving in your body, put it beside you, pretend it's an annoying kid kicking and screaming next to you, you can walk away. Change your mind and focus on something else. Urges to feel anger, anxious, or crave unhealthy foods is all survival mechanisms that we don't need anymore, because we found out that eating healthy is MUCH safer and prevents disease, anger isn't useful anymore, and fear isn't useful anymore. So in our society, the people who are most content and joyful usually can detach themselves from those desires pretty easily. Just observe the feeling and detach it from yourself. Realize that your mind doesn't have to be controlled by it
>>
Jack Wicklekut - Fri, 15 Mar 2019 20:27:16 EST ID:ffVpGLbu No.528400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528394
What you practice is a form of mindfulness that is known as "acceptance and commital" when I did therapy this is the approach my therapist helped me with.

That was definitely one of the things I beat my anxiety with but I recommend hitting it from as many angles as possible. It's very much a problem that exists in your mind so overkill is particularly effective. Understanding what causes it and that you're more scared of the anxiety itself most of the time helps. Realising that what you're afraid of isn't that scary or real a threat helps too. Mindfulness is a good way to bring that together. Sometimes I get the physical effects but I know it's just my body reacting and don't engage.

We can definitely change the way we relate to our emotions. Sometimes it's good to feel something, it reinforces the right behavior. One of the first steps in making your emotions work for you rather than being their slave is realising that they can work for you and you don't have to be their slave.
>>
Betsy Fendlebury - Fri, 15 Mar 2019 23:39:33 EST ID:dJEw/uJZ No.528401 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528400
I wish my therapist brought that up with me, I learned about mindfulness, and separating emotion from thought from the book the power of now by Tolle. Which I consider a great self help book despite what some may say. But I never realized or thought at all that I could use my emotions as a tool instead of just trying to separate myself from them.. You really just made me think... as stupid as that may make me sound... But on my journey of dealing with anxiety, which is ongoing in the present I just haven't realized yet that the end goal is to work with my emotions for good. I've kind of gotten to the point where I'm just trying to separate myself from the negative ones as well as I can and not really put any thought into my emotions other than that.

So what do you mean when you say I can make my emotions work for me?
>>
Jack Wicklekut - Sat, 16 Mar 2019 06:06:48 EST ID:ffVpGLbu No.528406 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>528401
What I mean is the idea that you have negative and positive emotions. Simply just chasing those feelings leads to people taking the short term gratitude at the expense of the long term then being stuck in a rut. You can't just kind of ignore negative feelings, you can encourage the positive though.

When you make a good long term decision you can allow yourself to feel extra good. When the rewards start to come in from that short term sacrifice you can explore and fully experience the good feelings that come with it. By doing so you reward long term thinking and your emotions pull you towards better decisions.

I lost 40% of my bodyweight, I remain mindful of my new ease of movement and physical confidence to this day. Getting out of bed and doing a thing rather than being a useless piece of shit all day is not immediately rewarding but later today when my bathroom is cleaner I will feel some comfort in it being fresh and free of mould (it's a cupboard bathroom so it's a real issue in winter), when I studied my vocational course and passed exams I felt good about all the times I'd spent 30 minutes an evening and 2 hours a day at weekends not playing video games and just forcing myself to work on, re read, test myself (the hardest bit tbh) on the knowledge I learned to make it stick.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.