Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

What should I do ?

- Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:52:49 EST KYYMcKhB No.530681
File: 1564516369507.jpg -(68586B / 66.98KB, 472x462) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. What should I do ?
iI's not that you're sad. The worst thing is the complete lack of motivation. It's useless. You don't want to eat, you don't want to sleep, walk, work, watch movies. Literally nothing. So you often end up staring at one point without even thinking about anything (at least that's how it is with me).

I feel that I am not helped by medicines, psychiatrists, psychologists, motivational speakers, etc. In general, a strange belief that a psychologist is able to get to know my psyche better than I am during a short conversation and convince me to choose life. Can they read minds? I have no idea why doctors turn into such alpha and omega doctors. I think that I know myself best and going to psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists is a waste of time and money. These people are only… people. They will serve me their standard speech, ask me questions that I could have come to myself if I had just thought about it and tell me what I already know very well. Most of us know the answers to the questions they can ask us and can imagine what we will hear during such a conversation with a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Nothing new, nothing we don't know. Nonsense about them offering me a new perspective and turning back from a depressing path can be put between fairy tales. If you are a man who thinks about his life and knows himself well enough, psychiatrists with all their talk become useless. I know all that they can tell me. The problem is that I can't apply this knowledge. It is like listening to a logical and rational argument and when a part of you nods your head that "yes, right, you are right! The texts about talking on the phone support line don't convince me either. Depressed people don't really want to talk to the receiver, to strangers, because most of them are so closed in themselves that they'd rather hang themselves on a dry branch than talk to strangers about their problems. "Talking is a myth. You will tell someone about your problems and what? What will it actually change? The problems will still remain the same, the weight will be lighter for a minute, and then it will come back with a doubled force, because the truth is that we are always completely alone in the end.

I feel that with age man simply becomes limestone, I see it particularly clearly in myself. The world ceases to be so interesting, fascination and enthusiasm slowly fade away, man becomes lazy and boring. Even the vision of premature death due to junk food, drugs or illness does not seem so terrible anymore, because when life would be colorful and interesting, one would like to use every moment of it, and so it does not matter whether we exist or not, because on our place in the social machine after our departure will immediately insert a new cog. And inside you feel small and lost in this world.

Why do I need any life at all to consist of walking every day to work that I do not like, coming back from work, killing time with something that neither develops nor pleases me, walking to sleep and getting up in the morning to work. I wouldn't call it life…. rather "vegetation". I'm still afraid that I won't achieve anything in life and I'll experience it as if I've never really lived.
>>
Frederick Honeywell - Tue, 30 Jul 2019 16:44:02 EST Uy2laduq No.530684 Reply
>>530681

Heavy shit you're dealing with there. Some would say you come across as clinically depressed and should get on SSRIs if you're not already. Honestly I feel like the best medicine is spiritual and straight up having a religious experience have made me a lot less fucked up, scattered mess that I still am.

Hang in there <3
>>
Shit Wirringwill - Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:08:19 EST TtFq9sG4 No.530685 Reply
1564524499272.jpg -(36170B / 35.32KB, 1300x728) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm sensing a bit of a contradiction.

>You
feel like you already know everything about yourself, and life. Not even doctors and experts can help you, because there's nothing you haven't thought about already. There's no viewpoints they can share, no questions they can ask that will challenge you.

Yet at the same time...

>You
are bored with life. The world doesn't interest you. You have a job you don't like and you spend your free time on things that don't challenge or enrich you. Instead of learning more, you're just existing. Slowly rotting away in a stagnant pool of your own ignorance.

How can both these things be true at the same time? How can you have all the answers to life already if you're not seeking out answers daily? Can you truly believe that you are so smart and enlightened if you admit yourself that you are lazy, bored, going through life as limestone?

You, my friend, are experiencing brain rot. I've been through it myself, during a phase where all I did was work a monotonous job, eat and play video games that only challenged my tolerance for repetitiveness.
The only cure for brainrot is to find something that challenges you every single day.
We can't all be so luckily to have a job that does this for us. We have to find our passion in our free time.
For me, it's trying to understand physics and astronomy. For you it could be the same. Or it could be philosophy, psychology, photography, poetry, trying to master an instrument, sports, painting, etc. There's a whole fucking world out there to be explored, a universe to be understood, a masterpiece to be created... You could spend your whole life trying to understand Einstein's general theory relativity and there would be no time left over for anything else. There's so much to learn, and so little time to learn it all.

First, though, you're going to have to accept the possibility that you're wrong. That not only you may be wrong about the world and other people, but about yourself. You have to accept the possibility that you may not know yourself as well as you think you do. Only once you admit to yourself that you're wrong, will you be able to pursue the truth.
>>
Augustus Pidgebetch - Tue, 30 Jul 2019 21:12:17 EST kFYnmYAh No.530692 Reply
>>530681
You just described why behaviorism is massive right now and talk therapy and such are totally on the outs. You've got to change your behavior, and everything else will follow. This is a pretty dumbed-down version, but check it out anyway. https://youtu.be/5zfuFWBBXKU
>>
Nicholas Dannerchad - Thu, 01 Aug 2019 11:45:00 EST jbD27n1q No.530716 Reply
Your perspective on therapy is tired, we hear this all the time. Finding a good therapist/psychiatrist/counselor isn't easy, it takes time and effort like life in general. I haven't found therapy to be all that helpful so far, but I know that for a lot of people it's gotten them out of the exact emotional limbo you're describing.

Also, the more open and honest you are with them, the more you will get out of each session. Most of the time when a therapist/psychiatrist "just doesn't understand me or my problems", it's because you aren't explaining things well or are straight up lying/in denial to them.

Also a lot of what you describe seems like it comes from unrealistic expectations of what "fulfilled" life looks like. For people with clinical depression (like me), it typically doesn't look like your weird fantasy of what life should be. Life isn't a series of goals and achievements, it's the process of striving and being in pain. It's this process that you see as the problem/obstacle, whereas it is your attitude towards it that is problematic. Anyone who is successful at anything in life will tell you that it's about the striving and the process, not the end product, that's what will fulfill you ultimately. Setting targets and expectations is buzzword living for corporate shills and boring, sad fatasses.

Tl;dr: Get really good at Super Smash Bros. Melée for the Nintendo Gamecube.
>>
George Supperchodge - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 02:11:50 EST yUhAjzvV No.530926 Reply
>>530681
You lack motivation because you're spending all your time determining the outcome before they occur and believing you know it all.

>Nonsense about them offering me a new perspective and turning back from a depressing path can be put between fairy tales

Just because they can't know you as well as you do means they can't offer you a new perspective? You considering that nonsense and lumping it in with fairy tales is what's nonsense. The fuck are you, omniscient?

I had the same problem as you man, and I know people who have the same problem as you. I'm stuck arguing at a brick wall trying to convince them of something they're ultimately only going to be ever to see for themselves. It's fucking infuriating because I was the same way, but once I did eventually realize I had no clue what the fuck was going on in life, things finally started to improve.

Just like you man, I believed I knew the outcome of events without them even happening. I had myself convinced I knew what was what. Then I thought to myself one day, "if I know enough to know the outcome of essentially any and all events that can/could happen to me as long as I know it's going to happen before hand, then why the fuck am I still so miserable? why am I still failing at virtually everything in life? shouldn't this be like a fucking cheat code or a super power i've got?" This happened right after going to do something new for the first time in a long time and it wound up being almost nothing like I had imagined it being, which is what got me to reflect critically on this retarded habit of mine in the first place.

After that, I admitted to myself I had no clue what the fuck I was talking about. Yeah, I could guess what might happen in the future, but all kinds of shit happens. For all I know, on the way to see a psychologist, I get abducted by aliens or there's a wreck on the way that I help with that alters my outlook on life enough to change it radically for the better (or worse, the fuck did I know? no point in hoping it would get worse though because it was already terrible as is)? You have no idea what might happen to change you, but you're shutting yourself out from the possibility for it altogether.

If there is one[/] thing we can know about the future, it's that when we deny ourselves even the possibility of ever moving forward and improving by choosing to stay right where we're at, we're going to stay right where we're at. That's the secret here buddy. You are determined to stay right where you are. You are too afraid of failing if you actually put effort into something that you decide not to even do it in the first place. Don't believe me? Then why don't you ever try doing these things that are supposed to be able to help? What's the worst that could happen, you wind up staying just as miserable as you already are? At least if you try, there's actually a possibility you could succeed in doing something good for yourself. Logically, it's the only sensible move to take. Yet, you choose not to try and instead spend your time waxing philosophically about how psychologists and therapy are all bullshit because they can't possibly understand you and you don't want to talk to them anyway to justify not even attempting to get better.

I mean, life is a fuckin numbers game man. You're gonna lose more than you're going to win. Just because trying something a few times or even many times doesn't work doesn't mean it never will, it means you need to try it a different way. Change the conditions surrounding the process until you find some measure of success and build off of that, this shit isn't easy. Not trying at all is how you guarantee failure. As long as you can rationalize your failure it won't bother you as much as it would failing and having no (legitimate)excuse ready to explain it or any idea why at all even when you were genuinely giving it your best effort, right? As long as the ways to getting better all suck so much ass they they aren't even worthy trying, failing is at least something you can bear. Jumping off a platform trying to reach another distant platform and smacking your face and busting your teeth out legitimately trying to make it to the other platform hurts a lot more than expecting not to make it in the first place and bracing yourself to hit the ground below you. You've lost all the courage to bust your teeth out trying to get better, so unless some miracle occurs, you are never going to. You will be stuck wherever you're at until you're willing to royally fuck your face up trying to move forward.
>>
Frederick Subberlock - Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:59:15 EST ZdiUXRvP No.530931 Reply
>>530926

>Jumping off a platform trying to reach another distant platform and smacking your face and busting your teeth out legitimately trying to make it to the other platform hurts a lot more than expecting not to make it in the first place and bracing yourself to hit the ground below you.

My experience is that giving up isn't easier, you still suffer but you have the shame of quitting. Expecting the worse doesn't help because you're less likely to get a positive outcome and then when you're right it's even worse. Being positive isn't expecting good outcomes, it's knowing that failing is okay. That when things go wrong if you don't just wallow you can limit the damage and recover more and learn more about avoiding the same outcome. The real smart money is that after the first incident you recover as many teeth as you can then you buy a gumshield. Maybe practice your jumping technique a bit somewhere safe. But the defeatist who doesn't expect to suceed doesn't do those things because there is no point. They make the same half arsed attempts and so rather than ending up landing on that better platform they just get cuts and bruises every day.

The truth is that giving up is easier. it's not better, and in the long run it's actually not easier. But right now in the short run it's less effort and discomfort. In a few months when your life isn't improved noticably you're worse off every day than if you tried (because the benefits offset that effort and you end up stronger/carrying less of a burden) but right now it's easier.
>>
Thomas Fuckingfoot - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 01:22:58 EST yUhAjzvV No.530940 Reply
>>530931
I wasn't being clear enough I guess, but that was actually my point. I was saying that from the perspective of the OP. He's totally given up attempting to get better because it's easier for him that way. The only logical choice, and in this case, the best choice is to keep trying and to quit having such a ridiculously cynical defeatist know-it-all attitude.

My point, to summarize, was that OP is choosing stagnation and misery willingly. He's decided there's no way to get better, and in doing so, has ensured there actually is no chance he will get better.
>>
Samuel Puckleworth - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 03:18:24 EST W4qcfmtZ No.530946 Reply
>>530716
>Tl;dr: Get really good at Super Smash Bros. Melée for the Nintendo Gamecube.
Ultimate is gdlk though.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.