Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Hypersanity

- Sun, 25 Aug 2019 06:11:11 EST jFHJy/vi No.531287
File: 1566727871136.jpg -(157299B / 153.61KB, 600x594) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Hypersanity
Is it real? How would you evaluate a person for a state of hypersanity? Who would be qualified to do so besides another hypersane person? And therein, how would the initial hypersane person deem themselves hypersane? Could it be achieved by consensus?
>>
Phineas Givingstone - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 08:25:55 EST AKb3ALgd No.531290 Reply
>>531287
it doesn't sound like something anyone can achieve without years of therapy. You have to work on yourself, but how is the sane person supposed to lead themselves into hypersanity when they are just sane, the therapist doesn't need to be hypersane but they at least have different flaws and blidspots, so they can see your blindspots and (and their own therapist can see theirs)
>>
Eliza Guddlehall - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 08:48:59 EST yUhAjzvV No.531292 Reply
Why are we assuming that hypersanity is a thing in the first place? What is hypersanity? Why is it a useful concept?
>>
Phineas Givingstone - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 09:49:07 EST AKb3ALgd No.531293 Reply
it just sounds like being quite aware and open to experience
>>
Henry Shakegold - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 11:06:44 EST iJiVumQQ No.531294 Reply
Ask the fabric of reality
>>
Simon Snodway - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 17:21:21 EST hiKxQg3e No.531298 Reply
>>531294
OK what's the number for the fabric of reality?

>>531293
Maybe, but I think part of it is also knowing what to do when things are wrong. Jane Goodall was given as an example when I originally read about it, if I remember right.

>>531292
Hypersanity is the idea that in the depths of extreme madness, rather than succumbing to madness, you reach a state of exceptional awareness, self-control and calm.
>>
Walter Wazzleson - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 21:46:55 EST UqX/QM0x No.531300 Reply
>>531292
Hahaha oh my fucking GOD did you get a load of this guy? Doesn't even know what the fuck hypersanity is. Holy fuck, summer is here, right guys!!
>>
Archie Wembleforth - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 05:12:24 EST yUhAjzvV No.531303 Reply
>>531298
in other words, being existentially "woke"? sounds like a contradictory and highly transient state that can only ever be achieved for fleeting moments of time.

as such, it would be virtually impossible to evaluate and successfully classify an individual as being hypersane, in part because as you asked, it would require another hypersane individual to actually come up with that determination. given it is a fleeting state (i don't see how it couldn't be), all attempted classifications of "hypersane" people are essentially meaningless, or at the very least useless and incapable of being trusted.

with enough mindfulnes and determination, an individual may be able to work themselvres into a cycle of consciousness/conscious states where they regularly go through state of hypersanity such that, proportionally speaking, they are hypersane at least as often, if not more (not likely due to our need to sleep) as they are not.

Honestly, this is a lot like trying to determine if an AI we create meant to simulate consciousness is actually a conscious being or not once it is in operation. Alternatively, it's like trying to determine if something is actually a person or not. Hell, it's really just analogous to trying to determine if a thing is a thing we believe it to be or not. It's a very complex issue. The best we can try to do is recognize the similarities and differences somethiung has with us or the aspects of the states or properties we are investigating and trying to determine whether something has or not. Ultimately, we just decide what we decide. There's some measure of reason to it, but it's just as equally irrational as it is rational (if not more so).
>>
John Hissleheck - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 06:16:05 EST 4/8C+5XM No.531304 Reply
>>531303
Don't guess at meaning. If someone's not capable of explaining themselves, don't guess what they mean and argue against it. You're giving normies too much credit. If he can't articulate himself, he needs to learn.
>>
Oliver Banningkock - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 09:34:55 EST hiKxQg3e No.531306 Reply
>>531304
Pedantic as fuck, you need to learn you some manners, first of all. And using "normies" in a sentence? Maybe you're the one that needs help.
>>
Wesley Fopperbury - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 16:55:28 EST Je9nm5wp No.531335 Reply
>>531304
>>531307
there's no such thing as "normal", you don't have to compromise on intelligence or personality to have successful interpersonal relationships and you don't have to have a lot of friends or meet arbitrary standards for social accomplishment to not be an outsider, taking on being different as an identity in and of itself is not healthy, and before you say it, I would not be considered a "normie" by any metric, I've just escaped the mind prison of assuming that I was somehow simultaneously better than and shunned by a society full of vapid automatons, it's just not true, get over yourselves
>>
Ebenezer Blegglebetch - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 21:00:30 EST hiKxQg3e No.531339 Reply
>>531335
That's not the point of bringing up hypersanity. The point is it seems like a desirable state to strive for for many people here struggling with various things.
>>
Phoebe Crozzlefut - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 07:12:55 EST J7XEJgwH No.531345 Reply
I wish i could write like you. That was super eloquent and I agree. Normie is a dumb word.
>>
Charlotte Musslewell - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:51:48 EST yUhAjzvV No.531350 Reply
>>531335
>there's no such thing as "normal"
Of course there fucking is. Are you seriously suggesting statistical norms don't exist? If not, why make such an absurd statement?

"Normal" is that which isn't an outlier or deviant. Quit trying to peddle this absurd bullshit. Of course "normal" only describes something very generalized and non-specific--in other words, there is no sprecific thing that can be considered "normal", but there quite clearly exists a spectrum where that which lies within a certain range is considered to be normal and normalcy is expressed at various degrees.

The unirionic usage of the term normie is cringey as fuck and stupid, but so is your rejection of the concept of normal.
>>
Eliza Narringstock - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 17:53:33 EST Je9nm5wp No.531359 Reply
1567029213761.jpg -(143157B / 139.80KB, 447x447) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>531350
>Are you seriously suggesting statistical norms don't exist?

no but there doesn't exist a person who conforms to enough of those statistical norms to actually be the mythical "normie"

there IS probably a good 1/3rd of the population that are painfully insipid and almost completely uninteresting, but they don't have this status in society that people who unironically use the word "normie" confer to them, deep down no one wants to be them

basically people who say normie are conflating a bunch of different things and creating an archetype in their minds that simply doesn't exist, the majority of people do not conform to this mindless stereotype certain basement dwellers came up with to feel better about themselves, most people if you go beneath the surface deviate significantly from the norm in some aspect or another, and those who don't 1. are not idolized at all in society and 2. still don't conform perfectly to the normie stereotype

also being different is not inherently desirable and because of the aforementioned reasons paradoxically it doesn't really make you special. if you think that it does not only does it show a lack of understanding of the real world it shows that it's actually you who is probably a relatively boring person, it's a coping mechanism because these people see themselves as shunned by society but in reality their situation is for the most part of their own making

everyone takes shit from other people, humans can be mean and nasty creatures, and these mostly white, mostly cis male, mostly straight, mostly middle-class people don't understand true hatred and prejudice just because they watch anime, dork is not a protected class, and if anyone is cut to the core by this light criticism, try being spit on, threatened, or beaten for who you are, try being fired or barred from work, try being paid less for the same work, try living paycheck to paycheck in a neighborhood where people are regularly shot right outside your front door, you have it great and your resentment of society is completely unjustified
>>
Ebenezer Blegglebetch - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 18:17:30 EST hiKxQg3e No.531360 Reply
>>531350
Normal is fine and all, but people don't understand something. Being cowardly is normal. Being fairly stupid normal. Being spiteful, deceitful and cliquey is normal. But these things are not virtues. Virtues are exceptional. You shouldn't strive to be normal, you should strive to be exceptional.
>>
Phyllis Mashstene - Thu, 29 Aug 2019 01:49:41 EST Je9nm5wp No.531364 Reply
>>531360
also this, being normal is a dumb goal to begin with, deep down no one wants to be just normal, and some terrible people shun those who are different as a coping mechanism, they have nothing going for them in their lives whatsoever, and to see people with a passion or drive in life, whatever that's for, hits them really hard because they know they'll never be anything but milquetoast because they're afraid to put themselves out there
>>
Samuel Geshmuck - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:26:36 EST yUhAjzvV No.531495 Reply
>>531364
That's a pretty emotionally charged perspective you've got. Seems kinda unhealthy... neurotic. I think it's better to say nobody really knows what or how they want to be, and we tend to lash out at others for differences in opinion and beliefs out of ignorance that's been tempered and fueled by rough experiences we've had regarding the same types of shit where we were being mistreated by others. It's all a confusing mess that is difficult to sort through.

I mean, look at you. You're showing quite a bit of disdain toward anybody who harshly goes after somebody in an unforgiving manner for being "different" in the archetypal sort of way, meaning they are in the margins of society. Yet, you are going after people that are different from you in the way they see the world and others, and are doing so harshly in an unforgiving way. Why is it okay that you feel this way or say these things, but it isn't for them?

I'm sure your answer is going to be that you're justified because the others deserve it, but wouldn't they say the same thing if you asked them the same question? Maybe step back a little here and chill out a bit, eh?
>>
Ernest Sipperbury - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:49:39 EST Je9nm5wp No.531496 Reply
>>531495
You're throwing out psychobabble that could've been produced by an algorithm lmao

It's really clear what the difference is.

1. No one is normal in the sense that there isn't a single person who completely adheres to every statistical normal or even most of them
  2. Some people who adhere to a lot of them consider themselves "normal" but they're really bland, milquetoast people who hate their uninteresting lives so they take that out on the actual majority who deviate significantly from the norm in some way or another by holding apparent normalcy as an ideal
  3. There is another population of people who think that those self-identified "normal people" are the vast majority, they are also wrong.
  4. This second group of people become misanthropic because they're rightfully disgusted by the people in point 2, but they're incorrect in assuming that those people are in the majority, and they arrive at this conclusion because they're shut-ins who are too scared to leave the basement
  5. They begin to think that the ways they are different make them special with respect to the entire human population, but they don't because most people deviate significantly from the norm in some way or another
  6. If you hold being different in and of itself as a desirable personality characteristic you are most like not well-adjusted or exposed to the real world.
  7. There's also a good chance that you hold racist, misogynistic, or bigoted views because in the current political climate there is a push for representation, which leads these misanthropic hermits to think that being part of a minority group somehow paradoxically makes you a "normie", when in reality this push for representation is a response to discrimination. No one discriminates against people who watch anime or play Dwarf Fortress in the same way they discriminate against people who are black or people who are trans.
>>
Ernest Sipperbury - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:53:35 EST Je9nm5wp No.531497 Reply
>>531496
My animosity towards the second group of people is a response to their animosity towards me and the majority of people in the world. They are as detestable as the so-called "normies".
>>
Lydia Futtingstotch - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 07:23:17 EST yUhAjzvV No.531499 Reply
>>531496
I wasn't disputing the validity of your statement, sorry if that wasn't clear. was just pointing out the animosity and how it's unhealthy and kinda misplaced and dumb. my point being, why do you care so much how these people live their lives or about their opinions? yes, they're kinda fuckin stupid, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that
>>
Lydia Futtingstotch - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 07:26:32 EST yUhAjzvV No.531500 Reply
all in all, the animosity you have for those as a response to their animosity serves only to hurt you. unless that's your goal, it seems pretty silly to feel that way, doesn't it? i doubt they could give any less of a fuck what the opinion of somebody they have animosity for is. so, like, what's the point, man?
>>
Shit Trotford - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 07:40:50 EST 4/8C+5XM No.531501 Reply
>>531496
>there isn't a single person who completely adheres to every statistical normal or even most of them
It's not really this complicated, you're just trying to justify your own actions and behavior.
>>
Shit Trotford - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 07:41:54 EST 4/8C+5XM No.531502 Reply
>>531497
>My animosity
That's your feelings only you are responsible for.
>>
Clara Senkinhood - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 13:56:02 EST Je9nm5wp No.531506 Reply
>>531499
>why do you care so much how these people live their lives or about their opinions?

because they end up becoming domestic terrorists
>>
Clara Senkinhood - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 13:58:12 EST Je9nm5wp No.531507 Reply
>>531502
>It's not really this complicated

you're right, it's not

>you're just trying to justify your own actions and behavior.

what actions? what behavior? psychobabble me more

>That's your feelings only you are responsible for.

Ok?
>>
George Bluffingstock - Thu, 05 Sep 2019 10:04:05 EST D5FQumzU No.531522 Reply
>>531507
>nobody conforms to the statistical norm, therefore I can be as outlier as I want
Yeah...
>>
Jarvis Benningstone - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:00:29 EST yUhAjzvV No.531626 Reply
>>531573
yeah but like, nobody conforms to the statistical norms, they just ARE the statistical norms. it's a totally nonsensical statement to begin with

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.