Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Just another dumb personal vent thread

- Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:04:32 EST ChYv4sb0 No.533219
File: 1578920672461.jpg -(26345B / 25.73KB, 300x208) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Just another dumb personal vent thread
I can't really do anything right. I either fail completely or make a mistake, get frustrated, and give up (figure drawing is a big one), try again, and give up again. My friends (I don't think they actually care about them, they probably pretend, but I'd still call them friends) are really talented, but I always fail to match them in any kind of way. I can't really hold a conversation, I usually say something stupid and the other person just stops talking. I usually don't end up talking to that person again for a long time because I just don't want to make them feel bad or whatever.
I have a lot of ideas, but I can't ever pull them off. I'm just not good enough, or I forget.
This isn't nearly as bad as a lot of the stuff posted here, I just wanted to vent.
>pic unrelated
>>
Hamilton Gillerbuck - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 09:48:27 EST ZGHoc+sS No.533220 Reply
>>533219
How could at holding conversation could anyone possibly be after telling themselves they are stupid, inferior, and incapable of holding a conversation. It's a self-fulfilling profecy man, stop beating yourself up. You are emotionally pummelling yourself, would you say this nasty stuff to a friend? That they aren't good enough? That they are socially inept? No way! It's like you have an inner bully and you are listening to him, tell him to fuck off
>>
Hedda Birringchine - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 09:56:34 EST QJgiSMd3 No.533222 Reply
>>533219
I'm starting up a small community art project where I work with a lot of different artists with different backgrounds. I can tell you that everything you produce in the beginning is trash. I'm supporting young people just getting started and I'm just hoping that they get discovered by someone with the resources to actually support them and give them careers.

All I can do is promote them though, they have to keep producing trash until they produce treasure. The difference between a garbage artist and a good one is that good artists recognize that art is a process, success is not a period at the end of a sentence, and nothing is ever finished - you just run out of time and are forced to take whatever lessons you can learn and move on to the next thing.

If a good artist is what you want to be, you must first be a shitty artist. I'm @unopened.parachute on Instagram if you want to see what my artists are doing.
>>
Doris Chungerlare (OP. Not my real name, obviously) - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:13:28 EST ChYv4sb0 No.533223 Reply
>>533222
I've made some semi-decent stuff, I just get really frustrated really quickly every time I make something bad. I like what you're doing, and I think it's great. However, I don't want to really release anything until I think I'm good enough. I used to release a bunch of crap stuff two years ago before I started improving and I find it embarrassing. Now I don't really post any art anywhere.
>>
Doris Chungerlare (OP. Not my real name, obviously) - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:23:35 EST ChYv4sb0 No.533224 Reply
>>533220
Thanks man, I'm thinking a lot more clearly now.
I'll keep the friend and bully idea in mind next time I get all frustrated and pissed at myself over whatever thing I'm trying to do. The thing is, I have my times where I feel really confident and then I try and talk to someone (actually hold a conversation not just "Hey, how's it going" ... "yeah good, and you?" ... "Okay, have a nice day." and then walking off.) and I say some dumb autist stuff or something that the other person doesn't understand and the conversation dies almost immediately. There are a few people, friends that have common interests, family, and maybe one or two acquaintances, that I can talk to for a while, but my friends are slowly drifting away and the acquaintances are probably gone by this point.
I don't know. I'll see how it goes next time and I'll make sure to keep what you said in mind. Thanks Hamilton.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.