Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Alcoholic mom - help

- Sun, 01 Mar 2020 10:54:47 EST veLftDuq No.533849
File: 1583078087637.jpg -(60518B / 59.10KB, 1000x667) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Alcoholic mom - help
Whenever I notice my mom drinking I try to find her bottles and confiscate them.

But I feel like this only makes her want to drink more the next day.

Should I just let her get fucked up? This way she can stop saying that she controls it by only drinking a bit, and I can record a video to show her the next day.

I don't know, I feel extremely guilty right now.
>>
Clara Danderspear - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 11:30:05 EST xbwHm37A No.533850 Reply
Keep doing what you're doing.
>>
David Seddleway - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:08:07 EST b2U4Jslk No.533852 Reply
>I can record a video to show her the next day.
You should definitely do this
I don't know about confiscating bottles
Seems like a half-measure, all it does is build tension, but it's better than nothing because it's a clear message that you disapprove
>>
Angus Cennerfield - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 14:06:15 EST veLftDuq No.533856 Reply
>>533852
Well I thought I threw all of her stash away but she had so much more hidden so she got fucked up anyway. I did record her but it's not the first time I do so. It's not gonna do shit.

She doesn't want to get any better and she won't. All I can do is damage control. This has been going on for 30 years and not once has she seen a psychiatrist or any kind of professional help. I can't force her and unless she breaks the law, no one can.

At the same time I'm trying to stay clean as well and it really sucks having to handle alcohol like this. It's a massive trigger for me. It took me 30 minutes of debating whether or not I should save it for some other time, even drink some tonight, or throw it away. I'm glad I was strong this time but this can't keep happening.
>>
David Seddleway - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 14:35:41 EST b2U4Jslk No.533858 Reply
>>533856
Go full debauchery mode and get sloppy sloppy drunk with her, or better yet while she's sober
Have you before?
If not it might trigger a "oh what have I done to my child" response, or if she doesn't care that much, or it's not enough to beat a lifelong habit, getting down to her level might give you a place to talk honestly with her assuming punches aren't thrown and dumb arguments aren't started
Just kidding though don't compromise yourself lol
>>
Angus Cennerfield - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 15:17:42 EST veLftDuq No.533860 Reply
>>533858
When I used she would enable the fuck out of me, even giving me pills and really whatever I asked.
>>
David Seddleway - Sun, 01 Mar 2020 16:58:14 EST b2U4Jslk No.533862 Reply
>>533860
Oh that's sad. Maybe that's her way of showing affection? Like she just wants you to be happy so here are pills that make you happy? Because she loves you but it's tragic all around and there's no discernible way out?
Anyway I hope things work out for you and her.
>>
Priscilla Wubblewetch - Mon, 02 Mar 2020 06:43:33 EST 8Lq8I12n No.533874 Reply
>>533856
I checked my father into a mental hospital last year because he's over 70 and can't stop drinking and he's alienated or assaulted everyone in his life.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Priscilla Wubblewetch - Mon, 02 Mar 2020 06:45:37 EST 8Lq8I12n No.533875 Reply
>>533856
And in terms of this pushing you to drink, choose today to link the external image that you have of your mother in your own mind and think about it this way: no matter how good you /feel/ when you're drunk, this is what you look like, and what you are. Don't follow that path...
User is currently banned from all boards

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.