Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Controversial ending over artistic ending

- Tue, 10 Mar 2020 02:10:35 EST izAQpBx3 No.533957
File: 1583820635342.jpg -(352311B / 344.05KB, 1340x993) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Controversial ending over artistic ending
In 2015 I made a comic of 50+ pages.
As I was finishing it up I asked for input from my friend on how to end it. Basically a character in the final pages, who was a prepubescent girl, appears as a spirit, with giant butterfly wings, and ascends into the sky, yet I was pondering between which one of two endings would fit best: The artistic one or the controversial one.
The first just had her body (without removing the wings) take the form of this humanoid cubist bug, which in truth was actually just supposed to pay homage to a character from a Michael DeForge comic which I was stealing taking 80% influence from anyway.
The second just showed her naked.
Despite knowing my friend was four to three years younger than me (let alone four times as rebellious as me anyway) I asked which of these two endings he would decide on.
Yup, you guessed it: The controversial one.
Although I would've gone with the artistic one just as easily, there's a deeply personal reason why I even offered this as an option (which will probably be of no surprise to any millennials):

To think the way I showed her was "sexualised" simply because she was naked in that manner would be no different from the way I was bombarded with images of naked boy butts throughout a good three quarters of all American cartoons in my life under the belief it wouldn't irritate me to death. And even then she wasn't even that much of a girl anymore but, without getting into an essay long explanation, was more based on a type of Japanese Superflat style where her form was not "trying to reveal anything specific about sex, but rather, with the slim bodies, bulbous heads, and large eyes, trying to emphasize the figures' TEMPORARY suspension from adulthood" and "still engaged in the growing process, mentally and physically".
I mean if I was to get technical I was ALSO planning on keeping the comic going for however long I was allowed, but upon noticing another comic artist had an idea identical to mine two weeks in advance (despite me trying not to spoil myself in order to avoid that same fraud mentality) my inner perfectionist collided with my blooming espresso addiction, leading me to a crash that forced me to cut the project short.

But the point is that although I wouldn't have been glad with the artistic version, I don't exactly regret the controversial version. If I regret anything, however, it's giving the comic alone an unhappy ending in the final panel of the last page simply because I was unable to properly shift between a so-called gritty professional and a butthurt jerk.
>>
Jack Blatherdock - Tue, 10 Mar 2020 07:33:28 EST GIIMQBLS No.533958 Reply
Seems like this is something you've thought a lot about.
>>
Eugene Blobberchidge - Tue, 10 Mar 2020 18:55:05 EST 5T07XTge No.533969 Reply
Sounds like your comic is for internet sludge

Sorry boutit
>>
Jack Turveyville - Tue, 10 Mar 2020 20:39:24 EST izAQpBx3 No.533970 Reply
>>533969
I guess: I built up 45 pages into it and that part only lasted 3.
In yo' face, Shadman!
>>
Eliza Puvingpid - Tue, 17 Mar 2020 01:35:03 EST izAQpBx3 No.534009 Reply
>>533957
Not that anyone would (or even should) care but if you ever want to read said comic I only gave copies to two people. One being this AfroJapanese dude who…if he didn’t throw it away only has a black and white copy (we stopped being cool since 2018 anyway), and another friend, Steve, whom I lost contact with for personal reasons. https://www.deviantart.com/mr-dusk14 and only has it if he didn’t delete his emails if not the entire email address.

Later.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.