Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Neighbour situation

- Sat, 21 Mar 2020 19:20:39 EST VMzmKgcf No.534070
File: 1584832839128.jpg -(35859B / 35.02KB, 800x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Neighbour situation
Hey guys, I'm dealing with sort of a crummy situation. Two years ago found the appt I'm currently in, and it's perfect for my life. The only thing wrong with it is the guy who lives next to me. I will type out my piece and then hopefully you can help me figure out what's going on (maybe I'm completely delusional??). I will give a brief history of my time here. I move in and this guy B introduces himself, seems friendly. I'm a drug addict at the time, want nothing to do with anyone, least of all this guy B who is probably 50, and is of a character and lifestyle that nobody who was raised properly would want to emulate, much less tolerate. I'll say now that I'm someone who you could accurately describe as "socially retarded" so I did in fact botch initial reactions. No sleep, drugs, etc etc I don't want to talk about it. I'm a guy you wouldn't want to meet eye contact with, frankly. I could give a sad story, I had a bad past, blah blah blah. I say this because I realize it's like I have a psychic disease now, you can sense it. Non-normal things happened to me, I dealt with it badly. Anyway so this apartment is actually one of the best things that's happened to me in my adult life, because I've constantly been dealing with bad living situations. This one is great, I am comfortable. That's very important to me, for something who is like me (underground man, dostoevsky).
Ok, so I'm in my last sem of uni, and having a really hard, at-times-suicidal time, I eventually figured out that it was a health issue, which I have since solved, more or less, but things were REALLY bad at the time. One issue was sleep, and this guy was doing things to fuck with it. I have historically been timid with these things, so I had to learn to attack him. I put up with it, drew mental lines in my mind until I decided to act. I talked to him when he started making noise one occasion. He said he would keep it down. It happens again soonish after. I say, please, can you stop doing things, I have to sleep for school. He doesn't say any words, just closes the door. So I brooded a bit and then started fucking with him. Funny story, but long story short I understood that this was an animalistic thing. He is dictating his boundaries and they extend beyond my own just boundaries. I articulate as such: if it's 11pm, you do not watch movies with speaker if the bass goes through the floor into my living space, particularly when I'm sleeping for class which I have to wake early for. I realized a few things. This guy does not give a shit about the people around him, or me anyway. Guy is 50 acts like 20 year olds I've had the displeasure of living with. So anyway this was an animal getting territorial, I was talking to a primal being. So I started fucking with him, basically destroying his peace whenever he stepped out of bounds. A precedent that had by now been set is not dealing (talking) with each other. I do not want to communicate with this person. This is a not-super-low but low income place, more or less, and this is a low quality individual that I am dealing with. I don't want to say that lightly, as I am not perfect either, but I at least want to get better, build myself and this (OLD) person's degenerate habits were getting in my fucking way. So.. the time for talking is over, I choose survival for myself. I don't give a fuck about this dopey piece of shit. He seemed to get the message at the method I used to cull him, and things were fine for the better part of a year.
Some intermittent incidents, but nothing longstanding. I eventually graduate and start working. I'm currently on a weed bender for about 3 weeks, today is my last day (reasonably sure I am able to stop). This guy B has started saying that there's a smell coming up from my apartment, "like shit," apparently I'm bringing dog shit into my apartment, and he, ever so often decides to yell at me for it. I don't believe there to be a smell, I think he's just using this as a way to fuck with me. Or the smell is in some sort of space between our apartments. I don't smell anything. Now, the trash piled up a bit when I was being a drug addict, there might have been a smell there. But that's since been cleaned up and an hour or two ago he bangs on my door and yells something about the police. To be honest I have no fucking idea what he's on about. He says the landlord is talking to me about it, I have gotten no message from him. One time he also said that I lied when I complained about banging sounds coming from his apartment. Frankly, he's the one who is above me, there are banging sounds coming from above me, it happens after midnight so I emailed the landlord. He says I lied to get the landlord to not like him, or something. It's perplexing..
As far as "putting him in his place" goes, I do not think this is the time to be bold, and I would probably fail at it. I have nothing to back up my words, I'm not going to physically assault him, I'm not going to vandalize his property, I have no authority to tell him what to do, and remember his doesn't give a fuck about people around him anyway. And I don't want him to do anything, I do not want to escalate the situation at all. I want my things protected, and who knows if he'll get it in his head to justify physically assaulting me. Who the fuck knows? I've learned in my life not to trust people like this, not let your guard down. I want to obliterate the existence of him in my mind as much as possible, unless he threatens me or something. I'm also concerned that he'll lie and say I was smoking weed in my apartment. I didn't, have no reason to irritate the landlord who has been fine to me more or less, but I've been smoking a ton lately. And most of the time I don't hear from him at all. It's just incredibly disgusting when I do hear from him and have to deal with him.
I think the way to fix this situation is to fix myself, obtain the economic freedom to move around more, more easily. Honestly I don't know why I made this thread because I already know what I'm going to do. But really, am I being fucking gaslighted into oblivion or what? Do I sound crazy or something? Fine I'm a loner but my personal opinion is that this guy is a low quality piece of shit and I have to focus on becoming better than him at life. It is not THAT bad of a situation

tldr only if you want to
>>
Nigel Clallerspear - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 19:24:29 EST U2D5rH6t No.534071 Reply
buy a gun and wave it around in his face the next time he start fucking with you
>>
Shitting Wurringbanks - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:20:12 EST VMzmKgcf No.534072 Reply
>>534071
though that is in a sense based, i would not incur the ire of the authorities.
>>
Ebenezer Shittingham - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:21:50 EST Q3z+B2MD No.534073 Reply
>>534071

Being that I'm not going to sit through your wall of text OP, I'll recommend this option
>>
Albert Bizzlenick - Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:35:14 EST deim8t2y No.534075 Reply
I'm not reading all that shit.

Opie, did you escalate a conflict and now you want out? Tough shit.
>>
shakhaZulu - Mon, 23 Mar 2020 17:17:15 EST bHlxs9Bq No.534082 Reply
>>518069
>>534070
lolololol I went through exactly the same kind of shit with my neighbour/s. I live in Kenya btw. Funny thing is I came back home today to find that one of the neighbours I was beefing with has decided to move out so YEZZIR I WIN!! lol this is so funny. I'm typing super fast coz busy now but i will come online to describe my situation more in detail if you would like.
Also FUCK THAT 50yr OLD S.O.B. ...and you can tell him I said it.
>>
Reuben Suckletone - Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:01:36 EST jnas4L6T No.534083 Reply
shitty neighbors are the worst. i lived in a trashy neighborhood once, would rather be homeless than go through it again. at night when he is sleeping, superglue his entire front door shut, all the way around
>>
Alice Clurringforth - Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:05:36 EST 5iXaUCHT No.534084 Reply
>>534083
Having to go to court for malicious mischief as an adult is embarrassing tho

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.