Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Roomate Drama because of COVID

- Sat, 09 May 2020 17:10:02 EST 76QM/3Le No.534507
File: 1589058602536.jpg -(277255B / 270.76KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Roomate Drama because of COVID
We have three cats in our apartment. I share a bedroom with my gf. Roommate has other room.

Yesterday she spazzed out and said that we were dirty and dangerous because we're not taking proper precaution because of the covid. Like she just started screaming this from the kitchen. Our bedroom is next to the kitchen so she was just outside the door.

I will admit my and my girl (me especially) are bad with cleaning the knobs when we come from the outside. But other than that, we've started wearing mask. Before we were just inside stores. For a time we didn't wear them but that was like 3 weeks ago.

Maybe I'm an asshole because of this. But we are quarantined. Working from home. Occasionally we go to the store.

We don't communicate this with our roommate and she thinks we're going partying and gangbangs. We're not that open with her but we do give her the impression that we are taking precautions and practicing social distancing. But she just wants constant tab on us.

So we have three cats. They're hers but they come inside our room and hang out. One in particular sleeps with us and sometimes spends days with us.

This cat is adorable. She just flops on her back on our bed while the two of us work (me and my girl both work out of our room). We're always petting and playing with her. She allows me to cradle her. Not a lot but sometimes she'll just melt in my arms and purr.

So yesterday the roommate starts screaming and insulting us. And she asks us to close the door because we're not allowed to interact with the cats or touch them because they can catch COVID

I told her no, the door wasn't going to be closed.. I swear to god I tried to keep a level head and tone through this whole breakdown. While she was yelling, I was trying to address the issues in a polite inside voice. I maintained my cool until the last part.

She asked me why I wasn't going to close the door and I said "To get inside your head. So everything you see it, you get paranoid and crazy. The cats are your responsibility."

For a time we were splitting the cost of two cats and something happened where she felt more comfortable taking 100% ownership of the cats. Because two of the cats were found outside and taken in by her so we were fostering them together. Either way I threw it at her that we weren't closing the door.

Now she's locked in her room with the three cats. It happened yesterday.

One other short story. is that for a time she was working in the living room all the time when the quarantine thing happened. My girl started to want to work out there occasionally because she wanted out of our room for a little bit. A change of scene. This lady flipped the fucked out. She was basically saying that we were ganging up on her. She said I was on my girl's side because we were fucking even though me and my girl also pay 2/3 the rent+utilities.

We said that it was just a day or two a week for a couple hours. She start mentioning other issues she had with us and insulting us. We stopped the conversation and said forget it. Ever since then, she's worked exclusively out of her bedroom.

It's so hard to find peace. And I miss the cats.
>>
Alice Crogglelure - Sat, 09 May 2020 17:17:24 EST 76QM/3Le No.534508 Reply
Sorry, to clarify exactly why I told her no to closing the door.

If we closed the door, we would be locked inside our own apartment.

On top of that when we went out of our room, we would be responsible for not touching the cats even though they might try to get some loving.

It's an onus on us after she called us dirty. She called us stupid. She doesn't knew who raised us. We're an embarrassment. She's not sure how neither of us have died because we're so stupid.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Sat, 09 May 2020 18:31:42 EST e4/rpFrB No.534509 Reply
I guess maybe just tell her where you're going to see if it calms her down. But being banned from your lounge room is bullshit, you're paying two-thirds right? So you should have equal use of shared living spaces and be able to choose whether the door is closed or not. She doesn't sound very mentally stable, but I wouldn't let her walk all over you, because it'll teach her she can do this in the future.

Also does she even have a reason to be scared? My housemate has a condition where the virus is pretty damaging to her, but we have a good relationship. I only really leave the house for food and groceries since I work at home, but every time I do leave I tell her where, just because I go out and buy her groceries and food for her as well if she wants anything, so I guess just communication is all I can recommend. I don't wear a mask or wash doorknobs or any of that crap, but I guess we just have that trust we'll act carefully when we're out.

Also are you in a country where it's serious? We're in Australia so it's pretty much disappeared from this country, but I guess you might have to be a bit more careful in worse countries.
>>
Cedric Ferryford - Sat, 09 May 2020 22:36:31 EST fqJnozmR No.534514 Reply
1589078191738.png -(894753B / 873.78KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I am so glad I moved out from my apartment before all this virus went down. Would've been hell living with my old roommate. He ate like livestock and belched every 2 minutes in the most disgusting way. I was ok with it living a normal life, I mean I just slept there basically and played video games on the boring rainy days.

It's cabin fever OP. What normally are minor annoyances add up in closed quarters and you'll be at each other's throats over the dumbest shit. I think it's a human resource management instinct.

Nothing is likely to make it better, move out if you can. If you can't, well maybe try scoring some mdma and you all dosing up together with some fun movies and music. Have a good emotional downpour session, apologize and tell her you're stressed from everything too and just wanna survive this together.

That'll make things better for a week or two, then you best still move out.
>>
George Ponkinmutch - Sat, 09 May 2020 23:12:07 EST 76QM/3Le No.534515 Reply
>>534509

She has a couple things going on. I think she's estranged from her family and she's pretty alone.

We've tried to accommodate her and we're really patient with her, but sometimes she just flips.

We're in the midwest / middle of the US.

She's a smoker and sounds like she has bad lungs. That makes her vulnerable but she's a general conspiracy theorist so not sure what her concerns are.

The cats are normal cats with no special needs. We've been fostering two for about half a year. The third cat is hers and has been with her a longer time. I'm guessing she's scared of losing them since she doesn't have that many intimate connections and I can sympathize.

I'm a push over but my gf gets a lot more annoyed. We're all in our 30s and I think my gf is just at a stage in her life where she doesn't want to explain herself too much.

>>534514

We're moving out in August. It's funny because we tried to sublet this place earlier but our roommate is protesting. She sent emails to our landlord that we're putting the building at risk by having movers move our stuff. By having strangers move into the building. Everyone can get it and die from people moving in.

The landlord got in a couple back and forth emails with her and then he called me and basically said something like "Look, this lady is throwing wild accusations at me. I'm just going to ignore her. You know your rights?" I acted level headed. Told him I understood and didn't want to bring him into this.

So we're currently renting two places and we're working on subletting the other place until we can get out of here.

I'm really a high functioning autist so communication for me a real struggle and I have confrontation problems from when I was young. I wish we could sit down and draw up a plan that makes everyone comfortable but she lost all trust for us. I think she's hurt because her and my gf's relationship deteriorated and they sometimes talked together and bonded.

The last talk she called us a liar because I gave her the impression that the other place was already rented. This may have been my bad because we talked in the hall way one time and I just said we were renting the other place instead. But this seems trivial and doesn't make me a liar per se. It really seems inconsequential that the other place isn't rented.
>>
Cedric Ferryford - Sun, 10 May 2020 00:36:52 EST fqJnozmR No.534516 Reply
>>534515

Ok you'll be out soon so u just gotta survive. At this point since the friendship with her doesn't matter, and you said u don't want confrontation, I'd say take best care of your own mental health as possible. Don't let her weirdness bring ya down too much.

Embrace the situation any way you can and stay hydrated. I'd go absolutely insane trapped in a bedroom with someone all day, so don't allow her to bully you into your room. I say she sounds like the one wanting total isolation, so living room is all yours. Hell, sleep on the couch if you want. She can fuck off to her room as long as she wants.
>>
George Ponkinmutch - Sun, 10 May 2020 09:34:46 EST 76QM/3Le No.534519 Reply
>>534516

That's pretty much the plan. Mainly wanted other perspectives, maybe some validation or sympathy. Appreciate it
>>
William Grandson - Sun, 10 May 2020 09:48:09 EST TvHsihYW No.534520 Reply
1589118489212.gif -(1664348B / 1.59MB, 494x565) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>534519
Then you're on the right path, I feel ya and your feelings are valid. Good luck!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.