Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

what do with all the bitterness thrown around nowadays

- Sat, 20 Jun 2020 02:29:02 EST U418HUY3 No.534962
File: 1592634542640.jpg -(118028B / 115.26KB, 1242x818) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. what do with all the bitterness thrown around nowadays
Im just a white guy living in Hawaii as a minority and witness here alone to a lot of prejudices based on the idea this island, much like a lot of the world, was taken control of by English colonists and therefore evil white men. I don't care to disagree with that or play a victim but when I see a post like pic related shared on twitter and it's just fuel thrown into a fire, I have to at some level question and take issue with it.

Personal issue, I know, because all anyone says to the black kid who replied to this pic saying it came off so unnecessarily mean it was almost a joke lol and people told him just ignore it if it dont apply to you. That makes sense if you're the white guy taking it personally but when I saw a black kid being told to ignore this when another black chick shared it... well I felt like it needed some real discussion.

What is this photo, to you? Just bait? Truth? What are the stats? I just don't feel like doing all that research to disprove this on my own. Feels like a waste of time when to even make that argument but at the same time this picture just seems biased.

what am I feeling with this
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Emma Cillyhall - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 06:34:30 EST O1E8SiQM No.534965 Reply
why would you want to disprove it? What would that being true say about you? Nothing.

If we don't want to read stuff like that we have got to take every chance we can to fight racisim, and otherwise just, you know, live a good life and accept that there are people out there who associate us with bad things because of our skin colour, because that's what people of other races have to do too.

Also what the fuck is wrong with history classes that you aren't sure whether or not this is true? but that's a whole other issue and I'm not getting into it because there are so many people spreading fake history "slaves were like part of the family" "slavery was a happy life" "colonisation = civilising savages" lies lies lies.
>>
Fuck Blepperbury - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 07:24:41 EST mHw0X0gH No.534969 Reply
If you align with any racial identity, especially against people of another race, you're a fool. Ask yourself why you're so focused on race instead of aspects of your life that are within your domain and ability to influence, to make them better.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 08:48:03 EST DIZglS2i No.534971 Reply
>>534969
>>534970
Replied without typing.

To OP, it really upsets me to see these images, and I imagine there's been a lot spread, though I don't have any social media aside from imageboards. I'm a racial minority as a Pacific Islander, which you might have interacted with being from Hawaii, but we're a minority that doesn't really get targetted by anyone. The general stereotype is good at rugby, prone to violence when drunk but a big teddy bear when sober, loves KFC and generally works labour jobs. Being targetted with these stereotypes isn't really anything too damaging to me, but that's because I know they're just stereotypes, as well as they aren't as damaging as other stereotypes. Despite this though, I usually just get lumped in as "black" when people are trying to be racist towards me.

That being said, I can't imagine how white kids growing up now could handle seeing shit like this, and it even being made fun of. Like I'm old enough and mature enough to know they're stereotypes and don't have to apply to me, but I imagine it must be damaging to a kid/teen to see stuff like this. I hate that echoing stuff like in your image is celebrated, and I don't see how saying white people are responsible for all the wrongs in the world is going to end racism, despite whether it's true or not.
>>
Fuck Blepperbury - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 08:54:56 EST mHw0X0gH No.534972 Reply
>>534971
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody has disadvantaged you, but you are literally feeling damaged by having read it. You even acknowledge that it's a stereotype that isn't personal, yet you literally feel wounded. It is 100% your attachment to your racial identity vis a vis this political nonsense that's causing you to suffer. Nobody else makes you feel anything.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:18:46 EST DIZglS2i No.534973 Reply
>>534972
Sorry I must've just thought it rather than mentioned it. I don't get offended because I know the person doesn't know me and therefore couldn't say anything about me, but it makes me feel bad for people that think it does apply to them because I imagine it would hurt them.

Like if someone said "all black people are criminals" it wouldn't hurt me because who is this stranger that knows nothing about me? But I imagine there are black people, especially kids who might not think like I do, that hear that and become upset, and I feel bad that they feel that.

I had a similar thing a couple of years ago where some 35 year old lady I had classes with was telling the class that all footballers are womanisers and rapists, and told me that because I did martial arts, I was going to beat my then-girlfriend because she once dated a kickboxer that beat her like 10 years ago. At first it pissed me off, because I've never hit her and never would, and for her to stereotype me as someone who would do that because of my hobby pissed me off. But then I took a step back and thought "well it's not true, so she's just a psycho" and it didn't bother me. But at least in my life, the majority of people I know who have been in situations where assumptions have been made about them because of a particular group the belong to, don't take that second step. It really affects them. I can't say why, because they usually can't explain why the feel it, let alone verbalise it, but it does hurt them, and it hurts me that they feel that way.
>>
Fuck Blepperbury - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:27:30 EST mHw0X0gH No.534974 Reply
>>534973
So when you said:
>I can't imagine how white kids growing up now could handle seeing shit like this
You were talking about other people being offended, not yourself? So just... Telegraphing your offense to another person?
>but it does hurt them, and it hurts me that they feel that way
So you're not injured by it, you're injured by the fact the others may take offense? So this is already third-party offense we're talking about?

When will you let go? Ever?
>>
Clara Greenman - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:27:29 EST JWWudQ3H No.534975 Reply
Reminds me of that Minor Threat song Guild of Being White.

I'm sorry
For something that I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

I mean yeah I get that blacks are discriminated against but what the fuck do you want this white boy in a rural ass white state to do?
>>
Fuck Blepperbury - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:28:04 EST mHw0X0gH No.534976 Reply
>>534975
Nobody's asking you to do anything. Who asked you to do something?
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:30:10 EST DIZglS2i No.534977 Reply
>>534974
I don't know if you read my first post properly, but I'm not white, so no, I wasn't referring to myself.

But yes, when people I care about are in pain and hurt, that makes me feel bad.
>>
Fuck Blepperbury - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:39:47 EST mHw0X0gH No.534978 Reply
>>534977
Wow, you need to learn to be patient with life, that will never be perfect for you. Your expectations are out of control. I didn't ask your race incidentally, because it doesn't matter. You're being personally offended by something someone else did to another person, which was a statement on race which is by its nature not personal, so what is your logic? Where does this offense stop?
>>
Alice Buddleshit - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 13:53:46 EST OdFrK28t No.534979 Reply
Ancestral guilt can manifest in many different ways.

I think there is a certain power in looking at that and saying "that is not me, I don't want that legacy"
>>
Charlotte Crankinstock - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 00:38:47 EST JFqzZM+C No.534986 Reply
>>534962
I'm a white person and things like this don't bother me in the slightest. It doesn't matter what the stats are, it doesn't say anything about me as a person, so why should it bother me?
>>
Edward Sunkinchone - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 01:51:09 EST U418HUY3 No.534987 Reply
I think a couple words just need to be switched around.
Most violent history, on all counts; perhaps... but, not the most violent race of people. I don't believe there is any specific "most" of anything in race. However, a race's history can be viewed as many things. Are whites currently the most hated? Maybe, but not likely. I'd just take this on a the chin with a grain of salt, probably just some attempted trolling to blow off steam and, as OP states, a black kid felt like the post was fucked up anyways. That's enough to realize a moral conscience opposed the mentality behind pic related.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Alice Fibberwane - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 02:12:04 EST LUAyeKAb No.534988 Reply
1592719924019.jpg -(927807B / 906.06KB, 1987x3000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>534962
They weren't even English, they were American, and the kingdom's royal family should have kept them in particular out of there.

They had underground meetings in a celler for setting a date to parade around with rifles, which is something that puts the king in an extremely awkward position where he would be opening the door to be lynched... even though these people were doing something wrong, even by 19th century standards of wrong.

The liberal talking point was that indigenous monarchy = fascism which only half makes sense. It has a lot to do with the color of the people living there and where their written language is ending up. "Oh no, our culture is now a gimmick used to sell extremely expensive real estate! I'm sad now you guys!"

Maybe the silver lining is that we are all Hawaiians now in a way. I hope so, I hope so.
>>
Angus Murdworth - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 05:04:11 EST cSJDS1k/ No.535026 Reply
1592903051854.webm [mp4] -(2454053B / 2.34MB, 808x590) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I just don't let it get me down for one, realize people have racial animus in all different races. I too wish it could stop, though I want people to express themselves while still maintaining civic stability. We don't all have to love each other, lets just not be at each others throats. I bet with a good amount of the people who post that shit, if you talked with them in a chill way, they'd be willing to have a conversation.

The photo is just people expressing their hatred through a perceived injustice. Be it current events they apply themselves to, or something they themselves experienced. The human mind is full of premonitions. Every collective seems to think they're the victim.
>>
Ernest Saddleshaw - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 18:39:43 EST h9SterRi No.535040 Reply
>>534962
>at is this photo, to you?
I think it's truthful but I think the whole notion of homogenous races has been discredited quite a while a go and reduces the validity of the statement... white however can also be understood in a sense more like a social class which would make it more valid.
>>
Fanny Gannerwitch - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:21:39 EST y0iK7Iy7 No.535086 Reply
>>534962
Things are getting better and worse so things just sort of stay the same.
>>
Matilda Blunderbanks - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 01:30:26 EST iz5v9lnu No.535100 Reply
White man experiences racism for the first time lol
>>
Matilda Blunderbanks - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 02:00:22 EST iz5v9lnu No.535101 Reply
White man experiences racism for the first time lol
>>
Alice Bickleworth - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 07:13:18 EST O1E8SiQM No.535106 Reply
1593169998333.jpg -(87357B / 85.31KB, 831x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Jarvis Clellystone - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:37:39 EST LUAyeKAb No.535114 Reply
>>535100
what the fuck experiences racism I'M POLISH YOU FUCKER
>>
Charles Clayhood - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 18:56:22 EST 4nln7HrE No.535130 Reply
1593212182238.jpg -(88075B / 86.01KB, 700x687) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>535106
oh I am well aware we dominated the entire planet or at least for the most part, as the OP post says, in a rather obviously victorious manner.

My post isn't about questioning whether or not we're top tier destroyers, it's to ask what is up with all of the blind "eye for an eye" mentality now surrounding that fact, and in ways that feel deflated by misinformation.

I don't believe any one race can be deemed the most hated, especially because Black people are often deemed the most hated across the board. Asians and Blacks in LA in '92 had major differences in belief on blacks falling victim to racism, and blacks were telling Asians go back "where they came from."

I think it's just worthy of looking into when a post like OP Pic related comes up and when even one of the blacks have to question such blatant hatred. I mean, obviously it's just about trying to trigger people; hence their response simply being "if it doesn't 'apply' to you then ignore it" it's clear they expect some weird level of discourse, despite having no stats to back the post up.
>>
Alice Senkinwill - Sat, 27 Jun 2020 08:36:39 EST LeYH1LvB No.535137 Reply
>>535114
If you're Polish then you should understand the anger. Sure the Poles and Jews and Irish have all been mistreated and you they are white, then theres the poor whites that got shipped off into prison slavery too, so it hurts to get lumped in with the rest and even the rest haven't done much compared to their ancestors. But yeah folk are content to look the other way on inequality all the time and also casual racism and even the occasional loss of life. People justify the wrongful loss of life yeah. Isn't that why they are angry? They are still getting killed and ignored. So some cement their hatred with generalizations. Sure. They have to stay angry so that it doesn't keep happening.
>>
Cornelius Pavingluck - Sat, 27 Jun 2020 08:41:40 EST XHgC+rDf No.535138 Reply
>>535130
>"eye for an eye" mentality
More like "Please find me an eyepatch for this eyehole. No, now. You already said you'd do it twice." People's complaints are about extrajudicial executions and wealth disparity and stuff, not finding parts of the internet uncomfortable.
>>
Martin Pibblefet - Sat, 27 Jun 2020 09:02:03 EST VZaU/8aj No.535139 Reply
>>534962
>white guy living in hawaii

It's NOT the same. I highly doubt you live in hawaii because your ancestors were brought over for slave labor. You can leave.

Also Hawaii was never ruled by the british. Youre foreign and youre ignorant, that's why locals dont like you. Quit using your color as a crutch.
>>
Emma Mopperdig - Sat, 27 Jun 2020 21:46:19 EST mttQWkrO No.535154 Reply
1593308779164.png -(718176B / 701.34KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>535130
It's not an "eye for an eye" mentality and no one's saying you should feel guilty about something you didn't do. However, wrongs aren't righted by words alone. You can't just say to a group of people who have been systematically oppressed for centuries "OK you're equal now!" It's like if a tornado swept through a town and destroyed a dozen houses but left the rest with only minor damage and the town pulled together funds to help those dozen families and you bitched that you didn't get the same exact amount of money to replace your shutters and replant your garden.

You personally though, as in the person who is alive today and made this post, are clearly prejudiced. First off, the wording of "in a rather obviously victorious manner" really gets the noggin' joggin' considering I don't know if I'd call committing multiple genocides and destroying hundreds and hundreds of cultures by "civilizing" native peoples "victorious".

Let's look at "we" too. I assume that you don't think you should be held accountable for the actions of a past empire which is 100% true but you clearly still feel a connection to it because you do the ludicrous thing where people will say "we" in reference to something some of the people who happened to occupy the same geographic location did that you had absolutely no part. You did nothing. The good, the bad, the neutral, you had nothing to do with anything that groups of people who lived on the same land mass, demarcated with imaginary lines on pieces of paper (that are constantly being erased and redrawn) made by other groups of people, did.

You feel guilty or at the very least the impetus to feel guilty because you associate yourself with groups you logically can have no connection to. And in that case, if you willingly (and it is entirely willingly) identify with the imaginary collective construct that is your "people" then you implicitly associate yourself with their actions. The thing is, even with-in the same geographic location, nations are born and die constantly, they're a political device, a social construct, if humans did not exist nations would not exist. There is no obligation to feel any connection to them, right or wrong. There is nothing in your biology that makes you "british".
>>
Eliza Honeystock - Sun, 28 Jun 2020 00:01:00 EST LUAyeKAb No.535155 Reply
>>535154
My mom's Polish, my dad's side of the family ran a boiler laundry in Michigan. Dad says we're related to Giles Corey but it seems likely to me.

I straight up have nothing to do with any of that at all in the most dry way of the opposite direction possible. Being caucasian was not part of my identity until someone mentioned it.

My grandmother would crawl through the barbed wire to give bread to the jewish ghetto. Everyone asked her to because she was best built for the task. I guess that part somehow doesn't matter in the most dark way possible.

I feel like people are skeptical of me for being a really tall guy because of modern politics, maybe I would be better off a few inches shorter? It certainly sounds warped, but I'm not supposed to be doing better? lol?

My two cents.
>>
Eliza Honeystock - Sun, 28 Jun 2020 00:13:16 EST LUAyeKAb No.535156 Reply
Where's my special interest group, is it the people who want to throw everyone in jail? I need outside help because I just get fed this endless train of absolute garbage, and I do not have any help.
>>
Emma Mopperdig - Sun, 28 Jun 2020 03:47:11 EST mttQWkrO No.535157 Reply
>>535155
>>535156
I don't think there's anything wrong with you and I don't think you're a bad person, whether or not you're the same poster. I'm assuming you aren't because you have a different ID. Please don't read what I said and think that I'm talking to you or that I'm intentionally trying to make you or them or anyone else feel bad. I really think that I should not have been snarkposting on the self-help board and I regret doing that.

It's easy to feel alienated today and like you don't have a place. In the past it was much easier. People just told you what you were and what that meant, and for a lot of people that worked out ok. But for those us in the minority, who for one reason or another could not be what we were told we had to be, that system was disenfranchising us and killing us, and I'm glad to see it go. It does not need to exist for us all to be happy, it's just how the majority have derived (a false sense of) meaning and purpose from life up until now.

Right now in particular, the hallmark of our postmodern era is the total break down of all of the systems of belief which we previously used for guidance as the realization sets in that there can be no one grand narrative to life, no religion can ever have it totally right and no country can ever be the best.

For those who can, the urge to try to flee back to a time where this wasn't true must be enormous, but the problem is that it never was true, it was always an illusion. If there was some great anti-enlightenment and some random system of beliefs became dominant and "true" through brute force, it would not change the reality of the situation and it would not be sustainable. At least not without the constant use of force. Think of the billions of people who have been murdered in cold blood at the hands of other people fighting for a nation that proclaimed itself the one rightful ruler of the Earth and the sole arbiter of truth.

Minorities have exclusive spaces and organizations not because we wish to exclude the majority, but because we need to find a place in the world just like everyone else. The difference is that we never had one to begin with. We never had anything to give us the slightest idea of what we should do or what we should be as equals. All we got was violence and repression.

You're just as important and worthy of love as anyone else, and I don't want the aggression and venom some of us have when we say that we are as well to make you think that you aren't. It's understandable on our part, but not justifiable and I'm sorry that I provided such a poor example of it.

Despite being in different situations, in the majority of cases we have more in common with each other than not, because we're all facing the same crisis of self, just for different reasons. In my experience, the majority of support groups are not exclusive to any particular race, ethnicity, gender, or sexuality, because regardless of those differences the paths to fulfillment and happiness are the same, once we're caught up. I would need to know more about your personal situation to provide any more help than this. The biggest thing is that I don't want you to feel excluded because that's exactly what we're fighting against. It has said that many of us take the wrong approach and DO end up at least partially justifying some of the feelings you might have that you're getting left out of the modern world, if only because of poor arguments and undue aggression.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.