Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Do you have avoidant personality disorder?

- Sat, 20 Jun 2020 06:42:09 EST O1E8SiQM No.534966
File: 1592649729321.jpg -(37425B / 36.55KB, 640x772) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Do you have avoidant personality disorder?
So many self-proclaimed asperger's people online, and I don't think someone needs an official diagnosis to be enthusiastic, for sure, but I just want to put this out there: If you think you are an "aspie" but you don't have any sensory issues, read up on avoidant personality disorder. There's a lot of help available for it if it turns out you have it. If you see someone in a thread saying they think they might have Asbergers based on the online stereotyping, point out that avoidant personality disorder is a thing to them, it might make their lives so much better, knowing that. And it will certainly take the pressure off enthusiastic people who already have enough shit on their plate without extra confusion about what it means to be enthusiastic thrown into the mix

pic related
>>
Edwin Foblinghadging - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 06:51:20 EST Z8E/qob6 No.534967 Reply
Wait, I thought enthusiastic was just used as an insult when you thought someone was acting retarded.
>>
Fuck Blepperbury - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 07:21:46 EST mHw0X0gH No.534968 Reply
>>534967
It really makes it easy to segregate you people when you all talk the same.
>>
Lillian Dromblewill - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 17:06:04 EST PO6SrSpy No.534981 Reply
Obsessive compulsive personality disorder is another cluster c pd that overlaps A LOT with enthusiasm
>>
William Claycocke - Sat, 20 Jun 2020 20:20:06 EST 1SSFeKJF No.534983 Reply
>>534966
One of my friends was sure he had avoidant personality disorder.

Turned out it was aspergers. Cuts both ways. I think if you don't have a proper diagnosis you should be looking to deal with the problems you have rather than fitting your solutions to what you think you have. I'm not sure treating the symptoms is necessarily the best way but as I said, if you don't have a proper diagnosis...

Also dyspraxia overlaps with aspergers too. It has more of the sensory issues but less of the interpersonal problems. If you throw in other trauma or issues it becomes very hard to tell exactly what anyone has. Especially when people aren't sure of the physical mechanism which causes some of them. If the diagnosis is symptom based then several clusters of problems become indistinguishable anyway. Especially because not all symptoms present for all cases and symptoms can present differently depending on the environment (girls typically display enthusiasm differently from boys because of the expectations levelled on them, or that were when we were kids) So I guess you're treating the symptoms anyway.
>>
Basil Fundletedging - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 12:40:28 EST O1E8SiQM No.534995 Reply
>>534983

yeah i think the thing to do is get a diagnosis but that's really fucking hard to get, meanwhile you can get free help for people who have symptoms like yours

yeah dyspraxia, dyslexia, adhd, can all have some of the sensory things, or you can even have sensory things and nothing else disagnosable, but I don't think it's possible to be enthusiastic and have no sensory differences whatsoever, so it's a clue all the same. :)
>>
Samuel Fengerbuck - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:20:38 EST VMzmKgcf No.534997 Reply
1592785238686.jpg -(382846B / 373.87KB, 1920x1264) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
"blah blah blah, i'm too afraid to go on the internal journey which will give me a solid moral foundation in the world"
"no god for me thanks lalala"

checkedmate atheism
>>
Shitting Hucklestedging - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 18:22:02 EST sg9WXzAO No.535126 Reply
now were gatekeeping aspergers wow
>>
Eugene Sannerdene - Sat, 27 Jun 2020 04:11:39 EST 3A/9rSkO No.535134 Reply
Self-diagnosing personality disorders is even stupider than self-diagnosing ASD. And quit pretending you're gatekeeping for anything other than selfish reasons.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.