Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Global warming

- Sun, 21 Jun 2020 21:58:53 EST LQ4VvGPH No.535002
File: 1592791133073.jpg -(138931B / 135.67KB, 500x454) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Global warming
Anyone else struggling to deal with the knowledge of impending doom from everyone just ignoring this shit? I don't know how to live my life. Every action that is part of a normal life now becomes some big mental struggle for me to determine whether it is worth it or not in the grand scheme of things. I keep trying to see how we're gonna come out of this okay and not seeing it, but to not even try to combat it is not an option for me, it's living in a state of defeat where you've already given up before you've even tried. It's living in a murder-suicide cult knowing your victims are going to be not just individuals, but entire species, maybe even our own.

To actually be able to affect the fate of society is something that is possible for a man to do, but I look at myself and I look at that theoretical man and it's like they're not even the same species, maybe not even from the same universe. I look around desperately for a leader, someone who knows what must be done and simply asks for my help to do it so that I may answer their call, but there has been no one. I don't know what to do, I just know that just ignoring this shit is not gonna work for me.

I've been in periods where I basically just feel paralyzed by guilt and don't do anything and fall into deep depression and periods where I slip into a state of ignore-ance and pretend I'm gonna be a normalfag and like get a job and life a "normal" life. Those states of delusion never last very long though because I just can't see the end goal, all I see is all the carbon I expel getting wherever it is that everyone in society seems to want to get so bad. Up another rung on the ladder I suppose. So much else in society feels wrong and broken to me too, but global warming is really the cherry on top of the shit sunday. I don't want to live in this world, I want to utterly remake it and live in a different one.

I feel wholly alienated from normal people because the things they care about are usually things that are actively contributing to the problem or else just a distraction from the task at hand. It sounds super enthusiastic to say that I know, but this impending doom shit has me terrified and I don't have the capability to just hand wave it away like everyone else and I would very much like to be doing something about the impending doom so I can stop being so fucking terrified and depressed every second of my life. So what do?
>>
Betsy Seggledale - Mon, 22 Jun 2020 07:52:26 EST /E2lK55F No.535007 Reply
To be honest, I think everyone could stand to be a little more introspective when it comes to making sure they aren't wasting their time on this earth or using that time for frivolous purposes. The struggle is to not develop attachments to this driven way of life as if it will save you from unpleasant outcomes, because it won't.

I think a lot of young people grow up thinking that being driven and focused on goals will make you successful, and happiness is a lot more complex. You have a right to enjoy your life and to not spend every waking moment obsessing over trying to avoid negative outcomes that are impossible to avoid and so does everyone else.

That's what you're seeing, when people are out there enjoying themselves, those people acknowledge that they have a right to exist /and be happy/ which means not every minute has to be a struggle. And the attitude where they get pissed off when you remind them that there are serious, pressing issues that need their attention, comes from the fact that they work hard every other minute of every day, and the fact that you encountered them on a break doesn't give you the right to judge them. They get annoyed with you because from their perspective, you're implying they're lazy when they're not, and even if they were, they don't need you prancing around posing and thinning your eyes and raising your finger and telling everyone they are having fun when there's serious stuff going on. Nobody needs that.
>>
Shitting Turveyson - Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:12:46 EST 1kJTrkZt No.535009 Reply
>>535002
Wow Betsy went all in ignoring what you're talking about specifically to make some generic point in the exact way you were complaining about. Nice work Betsy you complete berk.
OP, it's called climate grief and yes a lot of people are struggling with it. There are various support groups and resources you can find to help deal with it, though you may have to go on Facebook to find ones with people you can actively engage with. The two best things you can do are getting involved with Positive Deep Adaptation, which is a bit like prepping but more community focused, or getting involved with ecological activism. I don't know that either will have any impact in the way they're intended to but as a means of coping they're great and will help you meet other people who understand.
I've given you some keywords to search for, I hope they help.
>>
James Tootshit - Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:29:51 EST 1ub4L/0W No.535012 Reply
>>535009
>the way to resolve an attachment to something you can't control is to go on Facebook and wallow around in it, like a pig
>>
Angus Gunkinhutch - Mon, 22 Jun 2020 18:26:43 EST /UkOj2Dq No.535013 Reply
>>535012
If enough people get active and involved in doing something about it then they will be able to control it. If everyone who cares just buries their heads in the sand and avoids it like a little bitch then there's no chance. You're a little bitch. Go meditate, drink heavily, practice mindfulness or play COD until your eyes bleed, it all comes to the same: surrender.
>>
James Tootshit - Mon, 22 Jun 2020 18:34:25 EST 1ub4L/0W No.535014 Reply
>>535013
Sure. I agree. If you're not pedal-to-the-floor about something, it means you don't care. Like a little bitch. Just like you and literally every hardship in the world you aren't literally working on at this second.

Slacker.
>>
Angus Murdworth - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 05:18:58 EST cSJDS1k/ No.535027 Reply
1592903938854.jpg -(626434B / 611.75KB, 2300x1840) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Force everyone into an agrarian lifestyle in a way where they can grow/raise enough to sustain themselves. (only kinda half joking)
Fuck big cities, they're cancer pits anyway.
Focus on reforestation.

Honestly though just don't let it plague your mind, I think it's going to be a while before shits going to hit the fan, be mindful but don't think your existence is to blame.
>>
Fanny Lightlock - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 12:12:10 EST S6WwTyS/ No.535032 Reply
>>535002
I feel this way too OP, I feel like modern convenience is killing the natural world and there is literally an ongoing mass extinction happening right now due to climate change and we somehow have the gall to ignore it because this way of life we built and having all these conveniences is worth more than knowing that the planet will succeed you, or we wouldn't have filled the oceans with plastic, filled land with roadways and destroyed countless ecosystems and made the planet inhospitable for everything but us. I don't understand how more people don't have these thoughts considering the world is huge, I don't know how theres so much mass apathy it's honestly scary to think about. I just hate the way things are going too OP
>>
Shitting Greenbanks - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 16:37:44 EST orWTNfr9 No.535033 Reply
>>535032
It's not mass apathy. What do you want people to do?
>>
Sophie Tootwater - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 17:03:26 EST Hf4nP1II No.535035 Reply
>>535014
Question of priorities. What's more important; having a habitable planet or literally any other issue that relies on there being a habitable planet?
>>
Thomas Blytheham - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 17:41:59 EST ZLNL16wy No.535037 Reply
>>535035

are humans as a species even worth saving? the planet will take care of itself.

we're a part of a great experiment.
>>
Fucking Biddledut - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 18:28:05 EST iz5v9lnu No.535039 Reply
Yeah my in laws have 8 acres so we moved into a tent there. We got an old caravan in there too for my daughter and fixed up an old bus and a few derelict sheds. Next we are going to get sea containers and we are planning on making a little cob cottage too.

We dont pay rent now and instead we go halves on my in laws bills some times and also help with upkeep of the property. I only work 20 hrs a week now and its plenty to live off with a wife and kid. I did quit drinking and smoking though and my wife has a few side hustles.

I'm growing veggies these days and I'm building a collection of labor free plants like cassava and sweet potato too so that there's always going to be food available for free without too much effort. Permaculture is pretty amazing as the years go on and your soil improves too.

We shit in buckets with saw dust. I've been doing that for over 6 months. It's fine actually. It gets turned into compost. We are going to get rainwater collection sorted and solar panels and batteries set up too. We have a krameresque recycling scheme going on for our daughter. We have bags and bags of cans and bottles that we collect from all of our friends and families and we will get hundreds of dollars for it.

We've been doing this for almost a year and it's very nice. Instead of spending half of my pay on rent, I live on the edge of the forest. I see the planets and the milky way when the skies are clear. I see all the animals. It's a beautiful life. I used to live in a room and stare at a screen all day. Thank fuck I dont anymore.

We got lucky that there was some unused land in the family and obviously not everyone has that but there are a lot of people who do this kind of thing. If you have a yard you can grow food at least. Start small and you can literally build a life for yourself and free yourself from the slavery of modern life. So many friends of mine are literally trapped into mortgages and overtime. It's not a life. Everyone needs to step back. If we weren't all stressed you wouldn't need to spend half your pay to make your lifestyle seem more tolerable.

You can do it too. Be a fucking dirty hippie haha
>>
Shitting Greenbanks - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 18:43:01 EST orWTNfr9 No.535041 Reply
>>535035
If something is outside your domain or ability to influence then you need to moderate yourself. It's like I saw you wearing a Save the Whales shirt and started giving you shit for not caring about the dolphins. You can't be pedal to the floor about literally everything, bud. And as a result, you can't judge others in really any way for not being blasted completely out of their fucking psychology over something that you may care very much about, no matter how rightful you are.

Abused children don't care more about the environment than child abuse, why don't you care about child abuse? Do you not care about abused children? Do you see that we can do this all day and get nothing at all done that matters?
>>
Albert Wemmerchot - Tue, 23 Jun 2020 20:38:27 EST LQ4VvGPH No.535042 Reply
>>535009
Thanks for the terms, I'll check it out and see if there are any people in my area doing this stuff.
>>535013
This guy gets it. Everyone's responsible for this because it will require a collective effort from the majority of people to pull off and we absolutely need to pull it off.
>>535035
This guy also gets it
>>535039
This sounds nice, I would really like to do something similar. To live a life with hope I have to try and reduce my carbon emissions. Living in a world surrounded by things that are actively making the problem worse all the time on every level of our society just makes it seem like there's no hope. I'm ready to surround myself with people who are living a better way even if it's not easy or glamorous.
>>
William Brappersid - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 04:53:41 EST +1pDYmS4 No.535044 Reply
As admirable and tempting what >>535039 is doing, we can't all do that. That would maybe work if 100% of the world started doing it but that's not going to happen. It's individual change, not system change. We need to work together for system change.
>>
Cedric Poddleforth - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:59:51 EST iz5v9lnu No.535045 Reply
>>535044
Yeah but if you dont start doing what you can to make changes individually, then people wont want to change systematically. People will play a game of chicken saying "I'm not going to be the only person that makes a sacrifice and is worse off" and will accuse the people who care of hypocrisy.

If people start making changes individually, the systems that provide for that lifestyle become streamlined in a capitalist system. Say you buy the plastic packaging free option that's more expensive. That raises money for the people who are creating the plastic packaging free alternatives so that they can invest more into their technology and make it cheaper so that everyone can buy it. Also the people around you see you doing that and being fine and so they will be more inclined to do the same.
>>
William Hicklehut - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:19:31 EST qTml9FbR No.535049 Reply
>>535033

I am not that person, but people could start off by trying to avoid using fossil fuels as much as possible, such as making sure to condense errands into a single trip if it involves driving, and to avoid wasting gas over mindless trivialities such as driving down to the corner store to buy a single lighter or bag of chips. Not wasting electricity on items that are not currently being used.

Also to avoid buying products that leave behind lots of physical waste, such as avoiding single-use plastic items, using renewable/recyclable goods whenever possible.

Having at least a small vegetable garden and avoiding eating red meat as the factory farming methods used to produce most red meat are utterly horrible for the environment, not to mention how bad it is for your body to consume more than small amounts.

You know, small things that many people in countries such as the US are utterly against doing because they're too shallow, lazy and selfish to make minor lifestyle changes that could drastically improve civilization.
>>
William Murdworth - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 00:42:38 EST iz5v9lnu No.535060 Reply
>>535055
Hahahaha whatever you picture about her life, you're way off dude. I feel bad for you dude. You dont know that you dont know anything.
>>
Clara Worthingridge - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:51:33 EST imvE2WEO No.535081 Reply
>>535049
Yes but not growing your own food at home does not make you guilty of apathy, mass or otherwise.
>>
Esther Blackforth - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:04:50 EST LQ4VvGPH No.535082 Reply
The day after I made this thread some dude on the internet made a thread saying he had 100 acres of land and was looking for people to start a sustainable community. Do you think I should do it? He lives over 1000 miles away from here.
>>
Matilda Blunderbanks - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 22:06:01 EST iz5v9lnu No.535097 Reply
>>535082
Dont go running off just yet. You need more information. Have a chat with the guy about what hes looking for.

Also do an inventory of your assets and skills. What will you be living in? How are you getting there??
>>
Isabella Fattingped - Sat, 27 Jun 2020 17:23:28 EST p8iHLAWA No.535150 Reply
Global warming isn't a real thing. They changed it to climate change because its changing. I used to do that too, never use AC never drive eat vegetarian and stuff. I learned the truth they big from us: greenhouses are good for plants. Animals will migrate elsewhere. The Sahara will turn green from climate change. More land for humans to live in Canada and School.
The science behind global warming is not only dubious, it's unproven and the consensus is just corruption of academia. If you want to be worried about something, ocean acidification is a much larger threat to us all.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.