Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Argumentative Girlfriend

- Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:46:23 EST riz750n2 No.535437
File: 1595785583016.jpg -(55528B / 54.23KB, 463x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Argumentative Girlfriend
Hi, I am Knot, I haven't been on 420chan in forever. I have over 6 months sober, and am engaged to a lady I want to live my life with, but a lot of the time she is very frustrating. She twists my words, uses logical fallacies, makes ridiculous assumptions, and is highly paranoid. She is also just over 6 months sober.

I am here because I want to know what my favorite online community thinks about how to argue with someone who doesn't know how to argue intelligently.

I would really appreciate your help. I will gladly answer any questions and provide a more detailed description of her tactics vs my tactics if you have any questions.

Thank You
>>
Fuck Fonningstat - Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:49:59 EST SE/y27W1 No.535438 Reply
You don't argue, you don't convince, you have respect for yourself to the point where you know that you aren't guilty of what she's implying, that you won't be tricked by her mind games, etc. Eventually she will stop trying to use these types of tactics to get what she wants from you. Either she'll change or she'll get frustrated and leave. Don't engage her when she does it. Stop arguing.
>>
Fuck Fonningstat - Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:50:19 EST SE/y27W1 No.535439 Reply
Also smoke weed and jack off thinking about her.
>>
Knot - Sun, 26 Jul 2020 14:07:54 EST riz750n2 No.535440 Reply
>>535439
Lmao ok, I really appreciate that. Its what i have felt would be best. Thank you
>>
Rebecca Trotson - Sun, 26 Jul 2020 16:15:07 EST TnEHteec No.535445 Reply
Man you gotta get high and jack off!
>>
Jack Crosslefoot - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 21:05:51 EST PAIUfKu2 No.535525 Reply
>>535437
Yeah dont engage. Be nice. Look for sources of replenishment inside of yourself to sustain you through her negativity. And fuck her good when she snaps out of it. Fuck her goddamn brains out. Show her who the fucking boss is.
>>
Molly Cluzzlepedge - Sat, 01 Aug 2020 10:41:22 EST TtXni/Rr No.535539 Reply
  1. Always try to restate her point until she is satisfied that you fully understand her point of view (regardless of whether you agree or whether it is "logical") before you even bother sharing your own point of view. When you restate it try very hard to avoid strawmanning if you can
  2. Try to figure out how she is feeling. If when you say she is paranoid, you mean she is jealous? maybe jealousy is her looking for reassurance: see if giving her a hug and telling her you care about her works to reassure her, rather than trying to give explanations that have nothing to do with how you feel

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.